REQ Steep Popdeez

its worth it to me…if you guys can figure it out…

I got a spot 17.99 free shipping!!!

30ml oh wait not free shipping …so it;s like $20

@JoJo It really just tastes like movie theater Butter to me…like when you overdose the popcorn at theater …with just a little tinsy little bit of sweet…but taste is subjective

1 Like

oh and there’s a salty note as well

I was trying to make a “sucre à la crème” recipe and fell on the exact pop deez sweet profile, without the corn. This should give you a good starting point.

TPA Caramel Candy 5%
TPA Caramel 2%
FA Condensed Milk 0.5%

Once I tasted Flavor Art’s condensed milk flavor I KNEW it was in the Pop Deez recipe, without a doubt. Try the above with maybe 5% TPA Kettle Corn, maybe a lil peanut butter and you should get pretty darn close.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks Johnny…it’s kinda of a trip this looks like it would be really sweet but I don’t get a ton of sweet from the real thing…maybe the condensed milk would knock it down a little. the condensed milk does sound like an oddball flavor that they may have used tho :slight_smile:

recipe Pop Deez

I was going to guess Vanilla was the bit smoothing out the sweetness.

Right on Benny…I’ll try it…probably change the Caramel to Salted Caramel in a second batch to try to get that salty note =)

@anon6970 if you can still click that link that Pascal posted, that’s pretty close to my interpretation of the flavor profile. It uses peanut butter at low % to get the salty. I like your idea of the Salty Caramel too. Let me know how it turns out.

Sorry. All I’ve ever seen that person post is links to that site. Habit. I un-hid it.

1 Like

Thanks @JoJo,

Don’t know anything of Pascal’s history. I do think that link was really close to the clone request though. I was guessing everything in there except the small %s of peanut butter and french vanilla. I’m interested to try that as posted.

3 Likes

I’m ordering the couple of flavors I don’t have today =)

1 Like

Here’s an oddball one I found awhile back…what does everyone think?

4% FA Condensed Milk
1% TFA Kona Coffee
2% Acetyl Pyrazine.

2 Likes

No matter what other flavors are added to this recipe attempt, Molasses is the missing one. Cracker J_ _ _ _ is the only Caramel corn that has that hint of Molasses. Molasses is a strong flavor so it would probably take very little (a matter of a few drops) to pull off a true clone of this flavor.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s no peanut butter or caramel in it…point well taken with the molasses =)

1 Like

I know for sure of 2 flavors that are in this TFA Kettle corn and FA condensed milk thats for sure im receiving my kettle corn in a week i dont have anymore at work but be sure that its on my to do list i was to start off with something like this

FA Condensed Milk 0.5%
TFA Kettle Corn 5%
FW Butterscotch 4%
AP 5% at 0.8%

will let you guys know how it turned out!

2 Likes

Right on !!!

1 Like

grabbed a bottle of molasses before leaving work i will try everything !!!

2 Likes