Bestcigliquid.co.uk - Tobacco Tasting Notes

Very nice write up! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks very useful info there :thumbsup:

1 Like

Would you be able to tell me what flavors you feel like are similar to tobacco purilum? I really like that flavor and I noticed on youre notes that you think its really similar to a lot of other flavors. Thanks

1 Like

:grimacing: I was a little tough, description wise, on the Purilum Tobacco.

Now, when you say, ā€œwhat flavors are similarā€ (I donā€™t mean to be daft)ā€¦ can you expound on exactly what you mean. Are you referring to the tobacco ā€œprofileā€ā€¦ like what leaf(s) are they trying to mimic?

1 Like

Yea I like that nutty leaf like flavor that you get from it. Its pretty similar to the sweet tobacco purilum. I do really like both of them. I havenā€™t bought any FW tobaccos and I figured there were others out there that were similar type flavors. Iā€™m guessing based on your description that I need to look for USA blends.

1 Like

Yupā€¦ if you like the Purilum Tobacco, there are others out there which mimic each other, concerning the USA or American Blend type synth tobaccos. EuroFlavor was one of those vendor where their synth tobaccos tasted much like Purilum. Not bad, mind you, cause everybody has different opinions and flavor favorites.

It has been way too long since I tried any synth tobaccosā€¦ so, I maybe not the best individual to judge. All I know is, after I started performing more NET batches of individual leaf types, none of the synth tobaccos (even though they may have had a label saying what the tobacco flavor was supposed to mimic)ā€¦ none of them tasted like the real thing. :smirk: Take the FA Periqueā€¦ :rofl: Holy Shit!.. FA is waaaaay off from what real St. James Perique taste like. But, there are folks who love the FA Perique. That is their prerogativeā€¦ but, good googlie mooglie, to me, the real stuff is 110% better than any synth version.

2 Likes

Nice I guess Iā€™ll have to research that and check out some local tobacco shops :laughing:

1 Like

ā€¦theyā€™ll love you for it! Just make sure, if you get bulk tobacco to experiment with, that they have properly stored the tobacco since it hit their door. You canā€™t really go wrong with tinned tobaccos; theyā€™re sealed and prehaps aged a bit. But, some tobacconist can fuck up some bulk tobaccos with improper storage; if they are not keeping it in a humidor room, donā€™t trust it! And, just because the tobacco may be in a glass jar wih a lid, doesnā€™t mean it has been cared for during its visit at the tobacconist shop. As with anything, do some research on your shop, making sure they know what the hell they are doing.

Again, garbage inā€¦ garbage out. Quality inā€¦ quality out. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m also in need of a British Gold (VIP) alternative.

Grubby, did your Dad think bestcigliquid UK tobacco was very similar (Iā€™m guessing you didnā€™t receive USA Red in the end)?

1 Like

Yeah he loves it, I vaped some too it was alright

Can you recall if the concentrate would be:

UK Tobacco N.E.T, Colour - Dark, One of our most popular, dark and modelled on a famous UK brand.

Or:

UK Tobacco N.E.T, Colour - Golden, A stunning Virgina Tobacco, perfect of Virginia lovers.

1 Like

Just looked at the easy mix page and thereā€™s only one UK tobacco option. So Iā€™m guessing we donā€™t know for sure which concentrate without asking.

1 Like

UK Tobacco N.E.T, Colour - Golden, A stunning Virgina Tobacco, perfect of Virginia lovers.

Sounds about rightā€¦ Its a tasty Tobacco vape

It was the first one :wink: I liked it, of the cigarette types I tried the plain virginia, delux and usa red were my favourites, the USA Red was a bit like a marlboro which is what Grubby said the British Gold has been compared to earlier in the thread. I liked the ones I bought enough to try a couple more the Holborg (Old Holborn) and Drummer (Drum). From vaping on all them a bit more I can say there isnt a bad oneā€¦Ok actually I really didnt like Brownstone at all, actually none of the RY4s really worked for me, nor did Mrs Jones (though it grew on me a bit).
Iā€™m surprised that is was actually the pipe tobaccos I have found myself enjoying the most (OldCaptain and Tawny Dawn) along with Sultan.
Trying these has got me right back into tobaccos, will definately be experimenting with some of these in mixes and may even have a little dabble of doing NETs myself, it looks like fun.

2 Likes

I have a feeling you are totally right there. They have been around quite a while and on the youtube reviews I have watched, the reviewer often compares them to another UK vendor called TripHammer and how similar a couple of them are. Both vendors have been around a long time, and having a very good idea of the main source of concentrate triphammer uses for there non-tobaccos and frankly how poor the ones I tried wereā€¦I cant imagine TripHammer are actually going through the extraction process themselves, making a calculated deduction, Im guessing they use the same source.

2 Likes

Thanks Grubby & Will_G. Iā€™ll be buying some things to try tomorrow. FYI; I like a very mild flavour, just a hint of tobacco, not too nutty, smoky, certainly not chemically. Iā€™ve tried a lot of ready mixed tobaccos from various suppliers over the years (not too impressed). Iā€™m currently experimenting with all FA tobacco flavours (e.g. Soho & 7Leaves etc. with some mixes based on recipes here). But my ADV has been British Gold for a few years now (just getting into vape DIY). There appears to be a supply issue with VIP, hence the kick up the bum to do it myself. I havenā€™t got any vape recipes yet, but I brew, so if you would like some wine recipesā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

Off topic, but Iā€™ve just been looking around the forum and it seems that Iā€™m missing out with my boring approach to vaping.

Not sure where to start though. Iā€™ve tried other flavours in the past but most have been too perfume, chemical etc. Any ideas (massive open question)?

Maybe the question is; what are your top 3 go to vapes (whoever responds)?

1 Like

Personally dont have any go to vapes, always trying something different. The Soho you have is really nice, one of my favourites, it is a little bit nutty and biscuity which may not be for you, doesnt really taste of tobacco though which may be for youā€¦I would say tastes more like the smell of a fresh open pack of cigarettes. A really simple and nice recipe I remember from ages ago by someone works for flavour art was just Soho and Meringue, cant remember the exact percentages, was something like 14% Soho and 2% Meringue. Personally the tobacco concentrates I have liked have been the nuttier ones like FA Glory and Inawera 555 so probably totally different tastes, Inawera AM4A I like as well which is a smooth pipe one. I have 7 leaves but never used it a huge amount. A couple of lighter ones may be for you would be fa maxx blend which has a light honey taste and is really mild or tpa ry4 double which a lot of people love (and has caramel taste which is mentioned in the british gold description). I have never been mad on it myself but I did like the rocket puppies RY4 recipe with it in when I tried it ages ago.

1 Like

Taste is so subjectiveā€¦

DIY or DIE Pistachio RY4-U is a good one :thumbsup:

1 Like

Top 3 right now:

Kreed Kustard
Rhodonite
PRY4-U

1 Like