Review: Joyetech EXCEED Edge Space Age POD system by CosmicTruth

All I can say is if you do that you damn sure better have a nice new shiny coffee pot on stand by or you may never have a need to make coffee again. That said it sure does sound like something I would do.

Great review. :+1:

My wife just recently decided to quit smoking and has been having very good results using the Sourin Drop POD system with high nic slats liquid. Over the last several years we have tried everything to get her over to vaping but the Drop so far is the only device she has taken to.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I better just hide the pot and leave an april fools card in its place, with instructions where to find the pot.
Congrats on the Mrsā€™s quit!

3 Likes

@CosmicTruth I liked the review very much, and the wife was looking over my shoulder as I was reading, and think she likes it. Great pictures, and great review.

1 Like

Thanks
and I think she would like it.
Thanks again bro :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for this review. Iā€™m thinking about getting one when they become available later this month. Can you tell me a bit more about the airflow? Specifically how does it compare to the Aspire Breeze? I have a Breeze but would love something a little more open - and warmer; if thatā€™s possible with a 1.2 ohm coil.

1 Like

I do not have experience with Aspire Breeze, the Edge has a somewhat restricted airflow and is designed for MTL style of vaping. Also there is no adjustment on the airflow, the airflow does come from the bottom and through the middle of the coil. The device gives good flavor and is more geared for high nicotine e-liquid in my opinion. Even though this is a whole new style of vaping I am starting to like it and am often grabbing the ECO or Edge and grabbing a MTL hit :smile:.
Have you ever had a device made by Joyetech?
Hope you had a great easter, there are a couple of Giveaways here on ELR to try one of these for free (or low cost), be sure to sign upā€¦ check out:

1 Like

Wondering If you have ever tried a Joyetech ATOPAC Dolphin Pod Mod? It may have the more open airflow you are looking for. Two coil options, 2100mAh battery and open airflow.

1 Like

Hi.

I had not considered that one. I do have on the way to me (from China so it may take a while) a Kinsum Slim 2R which I think is similar to the Dolphin. Honestly Iā€™m in the market for a more stealthy smaller device which is why the Edge is appealing. Plus itā€™s a really good looking mod. the dolphin strikes me as too bulky and not pocket friendly. Still many of these ā€œpodā€ kits are cheap enough that I can try several.

2 Likes

Great review. The pics are my favorite part. You take good pics. I like the details. A packaging shot, contents shot. The in hand shot. And a color selection shot. I like them all. Cool device, I have the autopack penguin and enjoyed it in the beginning, havenā€™t used it much recently because i need some new coils . Like the coil selection that joyetech went with this one. Most pod mods have terrible little coils. these actually look of substance . Send one my way vapesta clause.

2 Likes

My Bday is March 31, so every year guess what ā€¦ April 1st falls at midnight after my birthdayā€¦ always makes for some interesting bday gags.

2 Likes

Well happy belated birthday :smile:
I ended up just hiding the coffee pot from my wife, I put a homemade fool/Easter card in its place saying I hid the pot. She found it in too short of a time, but the good part was she didnā€™t prank me back.
This pod just has 1 (one) coil option, and it is a 8-14W 1.2ohm MTL EX coil. I may be dissecting one of these coils over the next days as mine was finally tasting burnt between refills. I doubt these micro coils will be candidates for rebuilding because of the set power output of the device. But I always think of the high cost of smoking, and any vape device is a huge savings especially for folks who make their own e-liquid.
There are only 6 contestants entered to win this device. So those players currently each have a 33.3% 16.67% chance of winning one.

edit: the coil tasted burnt after refilling, but it just lasted a couple hits and tastes fine again so no complaint about the longevity of the EX MTL coil.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good sign. Just running low on juice. Agreed probably difficult to rebuild but still way cheaper than smoking traditional cigarettes.

2 Likes

about 2 days remain on this contest

1 Like

1 (one) lucky winner will win one of these devices by random draw, I looked up shipping and it will cost about $7.50 from arkansas to the lower 48 continental states.

1 Like

There are only 6 players in this contest:

1. worm1
  2. Chewy
  3. wvsanta
  4. SessionDrummer
  5. geb1
  6. redscaddy22

rolled a 4 on a six sided die
4. SessionDrummer PM me your mail adress

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @CosmicTruth !!!

4 Likes

Right about now you are living the american dream?
The coils are all juiced up and blowing salty clouds?

Does your wife MTL vape?
I did go through the first coil fairly quickly, I believe because I was DTLā€™ing by habit with the device. I dissected the coil and figured out it would be too difficult to rebuild the tiny micro coils.
the device will be released in about a week

https://www.efun.top/joyetech-exceed-edge-vape-pod-system-starter-kit-2ml.html

Coils now run about $10.00 for a 5 pack

1 Like

Congrats @SessionDrummer Iā€™ve got one coming from @Vapesourcing(that I won thanks again). So I stayed out of this contest. Looks pretty good!

1 Like

Congratulations! Get some High Nic E-liquid mixed up and do the MTL! I kinda think iā€™m to set on my DTL vape style, but I got me some pods :smile:

1 Like