Revisiting Cherry / Cherries!

Ok been looking at tpa website and a few other books about the compounds in cherry. almond could be a great additive or it could be a terrible one lol if it is terrible then we know that the compound Benzyl acetate Could be one to avoid.
The maraschino cherry contains high amounts of Benzaldehyde so this could be (in my theory) one to avoid.
This is just my own theory i am no scientist but hopefully you get what i am saying.
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=344606

2 Likes

what % of French Vanilla ? I use to get maraschino cherry from MBV before I started DIY. So I know it is possible

1 Like

3.5%, just enough to cut the MC a little.

1 Like

Heard good reports of this one from RF

I’ve actually got this in my stash, but haven’t got around to mixing it yet…too absorbed by mixing the MF cherries, ofc. :laughing:

As regards MF, I’ve now tried all three of their cherries, and I still think that their Black Cherry is the best. Totally natural, with no weird off-notes… weeeeellll, so long as you steep it for ages, that is (I recommend a minimum of 6 weeks)

2 Likes

Aw the cherry dilemma ! My goodness if I had to say which one I’d throw out on your list it would be the Maraschino Cherry TPA it is super potent and comes off very chemical even with a long steep. I have had the best of luck with INW 's Cherries but like you I want to add INW Cherry to the stash ! I’ll follow this to see how that goes !

4 Likes

Cherry is a bitch… Whoever learn to produce a very solid cherry will make a gold mine in cash.

2 Likes

very true , however INW cherries between 1 to 1.5 is nice

4 Likes

Probably the best I’ve tried, but still… Not that spot on Cherry I want… :no_mouth:

IMO no one have made that “O’ DAMN!!!” cherry flavor yet.

2 Likes

agreed 10char

i had a cherry shake not too long ago , if i cld get that flavor id be happy , it would probably be my go to fruit flave lol

2 Likes

Now I’m all twisted… No O’ Damn Cherry! or No O’ Damn Cheesecake!
My favorite dessert!

I’m waiting for @SessionDrummer to review them both!

3 Likes

@Pro_Vapes I’m in about the exact same boat as you (and others). Why IS it, that you can run out grab a handful of cherry sodas, cherry syrups, cherry water ice all day long, but you just can’t get a banging cherry vape ?? @fidalgo_vapes I’m going to test up some of that INW and see what’s what with it. What do you guys think of FW Cherry Crush ?? Smelled pretty scary good when mixing, and mine’s still steeping.

2 Likes

Is it a new FW flavor? If not then we would have heard about it already.

2 Likes

ive never had it , i went through a lot of cherries when i first started mixing and got excited when new ones came out byt have always been disappointed , the cherries inw is nice in a mix as a supporting flavor I really need to see how it holds up as the main note…

2 Likes

Didn’t loose sight of this, but have too many irons in the fire. FINALLY got around to testing FW Cherry Crush, and I’m actually impressed. I appreciate the time everyone above took in this thread. Going to KEEP the Cherry Crush, and re-test a few other Cherries to see how things play together.

4 Likes

This is only 13 hours steeped and it is delicious! I made 60ml, so I can steep it properly, but so far, no weirdness, medicinal chemical anything… just a really tasty Cherry Soda. This is the first time I’ve pushed this BC up as a main note and I think it will do great at this % in a Shake or Cheesecake judging from first impressions. I’ll report back in 30 days :smile:

Couldn’t resist an update. 2.5 weeks and this is ridiculously good. Still holding out for 30 days, but for all the troubles I’ve read about the dreaded Cherry issue, this has none of the problems I’ve heard of with other Cherry flavors. This is a real Black Cherry Soda right here. Going to have to SFT this one to dig a little deeper without the sweet stuff added.

5 Likes

I am pretty sure flavs like Cherry and Chocolate were figured out a Century ago and that Intellectual Property is highly guarded and NOT available to the Public. I just had a Cherry Coke Zero the other day…somebody has it nailed down tight

3 Likes

I took your test here and ran with it.
I’ve had a 10ml of cherry crush just collecting dust, so I made an attempt at a cherry mountain dew.

Red mountain dew (cherry)

1.25% Black Cherry Jelly Bean (SC) (WF)
3.50% Cherry Crush (FW)
1.25% Cherry Extract (TPA)
7.00% Citrus Punch (Mt. Dew) (TPA)
1.00% Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA)
1.50% Raspberry Jam (VTA)
0.50% Sour (TPA)

Flavor total: 16%

So far it actually smells good, finger taste test also seems legit… Hopefully it stays true in vape form :smiley:

5 Likes

Soon you have the people arguing that Pepsi cherry cola is better than coca cola cherry plus the group of people that pretends the zero version never existed lol.

I don’t drink soda anymore but as I did, Dr pepper cherry was the best!

My point is, I’m pretty sure we could take any cherry concentrate mentioned here and put it in either water or soda and it would be fine. Some even might be real good, but just like either putting this in water or soda, is already a huge difference between each other.

However some flavors just don’t vape well, even if let’s say coca cola would release their cherry flavoring, I’m sure it probably tastes horrible as vape as well.

7 Likes

Mandela effect! Shit is strange Coke Zero was indeed a thing! Derailed…carry on lol

3 Likes

Wow, it DOES look like the entire internet was wiped clean, … except … ALMOST …

4 Likes