Rhodonite (macaroon) review anyone?

One a little more humble than the other though :wink: I’ll get the popcorn!

7 Likes

So, I finally have Rhodonite in the new RDA (Pulse, simple single coil build, .59ohm, 33w…still dialing in what I like). I will say that I am getting more flavor, but for me the raspberry and apple are still mostly lost. Nice macron flavor, with vague fruitiness. I will say that I am neither overly sensitive, nor insensitive, to most raspberries I have tasted, so I think I will need to taste INW in a single mix and see if there is something different about that one. As before, I still think it is yummy, just not the raspberry-apple juice I imagined when I heard about this recipe. Sorry, Wayne… I am a fan of yours. :smiley:

2 Likes

I gotta say I’ve never actually tried the recipe but if it wasn’t for Wayne’s helpful videos I might have never started diy myself and I actually did learn quite abit from them!

8 Likes

Highly doubtful. i havent tried a single mix that i didnt like.

I wondered why some people mixed it at %s that would make my tongue swallow it self to get away from all that, umm, flavor. I personally find the flavoring very strong, .15-.5% range, and despite not liking florals the light florals in this flavoring are wonderful.

I wasnt a fan of Torrone so i VIF and then you came out with this mix so it went back on the wishlist just so i could try it but im terrible at rememberings… It took me a year to remember to order Absinthe for Pro_Vapes Subliminal…

DoDs discord does this quite a bit, from what i gather. Nothing wrong with some friendly competition, excellent way to learn and teach. Unfortunately i now have far too few of the flavorings that their competition uses, and im lazy af…hehe

But if anyone is interested in that please join them, they are a friendly group of people over there and you will probably recognize some folks too.

6 Likes

What I take from that is: “Distinctly a French flavor.”
:laughing: :wink:

Sorry. I fought really hard to let it go by… obviously I lost.

8 Likes

I wish that INW Marlina tasted to me like it smells because the aroma is wonderful. Many mixes ago I tried to find a flavor combo that would cancel out the chemical taste for me and I could not find one and believe me I tried. I never mixed Rhodonite because I already knew that INW Marlina tasted of chemicals to me but I have had others say the same about other flavors that don’t taste chemically to me. For example, some people say that TFA Blue Raspberry tastes like chemicals and it doesn’t to me. It isn’t that good for me because it lacks the kind blue raspberry that I would expect from it so it falls short.

I did mix up a @Wayne_Walker remix that I am actually enjoying right now. It’s the Vanilla Almond Milk he remixed. I did try the commercial juice when it first came out as a sample in one of my local vape shops. The commercial juice tasted just as Wayne described it, “tastes nothing like Vanilla Almond Milk” and I did not care for it. Wayne’s remix however is nothing like the commercial e-liquid, is a really tasty vape and a very good representation of what Vanilla Almond Milk would taste like. I have to say if the commercial e-liquid tasted like his, I may have bought some to take home and try to clone/remix.

5 Likes

I like it - it’s not the best ever, but it’s a recipe I’ve made a few times. You have to like raspberry though :smiley:

6 Likes

Subjective taste, every batch I ever mix is :yum:

4 Likes

I am vaping that now… Not impressed I won’t make again very blah taste

2 Likes

I like it too. Wayne does have some well trained taste buds, I’ll give him that! Reading his flavor notes are always something else and he is very good at what he does. I do know a lot of people that find some of his mixes to be pretty light on flavor, but I’m not one of em. Good stuff @Wayne_Walker, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Made it, first 4days was really good, really getting the macaroon nutty flavor, and after 2weeks it’s just very bland, sweet bland juice… Looking for a good all day vape if anyone has a good recipe please help out a beginner diy mixer

If you like fruit vapes then maybe you’ll like it. Since I dislike fruit vapes but wanted to try it anyway I made up some. Reminded me of why I dislike fruity vapes. Had to rebuild my tank to get the flavor out. To me the raspberry was way over the top but I could taste most of the rest too. It’s a well crafted juice but not to my taste.

1 Like

I let it steep longer still not impressed still bland
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Since I made it, It has been a must have for me. I simply cannot go without it. That’s a reason it was the best DIY e-liquid of 2016. I love it! I can’t live without it! Enough said. Thank you Wayne Walker for your creations, they are simply the best!