Ripe strawberry

Is it possible to make a single flavor recipe with ripe strawberry and sweetner that will taste good

1 Like

I hanen’t test it but i think 6%-8% Strawberry Ripe and 1% Sweetener TPA will b a good start point.

3 Likes

Agree With @Laberythm the strawberry is already kind of sweet (with some EM in it I think) so keep the sweetener low, 1 or bellow

2 Likes

Best thing to do is add it to your flavor stash, make sure to select the correct one from the drop down menu, it’ll be the one with the highest number next to the name. Then, once it’s saved properly in your stash, click it and open the notes section.
This is one of the most frequently used flavors ever, so there are tons of notes and recipes to check out. I’m seeing most people on the top of the notes are suggesting 8-10% for a single flavor mix. 1%sweetener is a good start, then go up or down in your next attempts with both the flavor and the sweetener. Hope this helps, as I have never used this flavor, so no experience to tell you about. Good luck, and don’t forget to steep it for a week or two before you make a final decision!

3 Likes

I am very new to mixing, “never made any that tasted remotely sweet” looking for help.
I just made 10ml to with 20/80 pg/vg, 10 % ripe strawberry and 2% sweetner, 3mg nicotine and it tastes loke nothing, 0, I dont understand why I cant get any flavor taste. My forst attempt was the same with 4% strawberry ripe and 1% sweetner and it also tasted like nothing, 0 flavor.

1 Like

i just shook it up and tested it, would it not taste at all without letting it set for that long

1 Like

What mod and atomizer set-up do you use? That has a lot to do with how much flavor you will taste.
There are also an unfortunate few who can’t really taste Strawberry. If you have any other common fruit concentrates, try the same recipe and switch to Apple or Blueberry, Watermellon, or something like that. You might need to try other brands and types of Strawberries if this one doesn’t dial in for you. Most mixers use two to three Strawberry flavors in a combo to get what they are looking for, too. You can also try to support the single Strawberry with a support fruit, like Dragonfruit, to help it pop.

Edit: Also, let it sit for a couple of hours, maybe overnight to see if it develops. Basic fruit mixed don’t typically need much of a steep to work, but it can help to let the flavors blend into the pg/vg/nic before judging, if it doesn’t pop right after shaking. Also, shake the pants off that bottle, vigorously, until micro-bubbles appear. Also, shake the concentrate and your nic very well before mixing!

2 Likes

I have some other flavors coming, I am useing a baby beast tank with a smok/H-priv mod at 35 watt to test. I normally use a crown III tant at 70 watt but the baby beast is clean for testing

2 Likes

I can understand maybe not taste to strawberry but shouldn’t it at least be sweet

1 Like

In theory, yes. I don’t use any sweetener and mine are pretty sweet to me. If you are accustomned to mainstream e-liquids, I’ve read that the big-league manufacturers of finished e-liquids use around 3% sweetener, because it sells better, and makes the flavors pop. That is an unheard-of amount of sweetener in most DIY mixes. Btw, it may be helpful to post a link to your recipe.

2 Likes

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2001346/strawberry%22ripe%22

not sure if this will work

1 Like

this is going to be my next attempt

1 Like

Don’t know if you saw my edit up there, you responded before I finished.

1 Like

got it, I will try to watit and let it sit, thanks

2 Likes

Ripe is a pretty subtle flavor on it’s own. Good, but subtle. The best thing to do would be to layer it with another SB, like cap’s sweet, FA juicy or whatever. If all you have is the Ripe, I would start around 9 , as a single flavor

4 Likes

personally i don’t find a reason for this flavor to be as a stand alone flavor… i mean it’s one of flavors that:
a) can’t be alone… sure it reminds strawberry, is kinda tart but it’s not what would say a full strawberry with all these full tones… it needs to be mixed with more strawberries to be “more” strawberry but in combination it shines :slight_smile:
b) SB Ripe is losing it’s strength as time is passing… specially as a stand alone after a long time (let’s suppose you you’re making a large batch) it will remind something like a very thin smell/taste of a strawberry and some sweetness of it…

Seriously as i say this looks like “OMG, this flavor is SH.!T” but NO… i love SB ripe, this strawberry is a MUST HAVE in everyones stash… but can’t really work well on it’s own unfortunately :frowning:

if you want to make a full strawberry flavor just make something like
Strawberry Ripe (Tpa) 3% (adds tartness)
Strawberry (TPA) 4% (it’s the classic smell of Strawberry)
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 4% (it’s sweet, and completes the profile of SB Ripe)
Shisha Strawberry (INW) 1,50% (completes the profile of Strawberry)
in addition you could add 1% sweetener (TPA) or like 0,75% Super Sweeet (Cap) to make it sweeter or combine it with creams or other fruits (Pear, Blubbery, Banana or Black Cherry make a good combo with it… and even Cinnamon at a low percentage can work out… like Cinnamon RedHots )

2 Likes

I havent used either of those tanks, so I can’t say what kind of flavor production they might have, but I have used other sub ohm tanks with screw-in-and-go coil heads. There was a world of difference when I switched to RDA and RTA set-ups. I highly recommend checking out rebuildables. Lots of options for premade coils to get started with, and videos to teach you how to make and install your own.
Your local vapor shop(s) should have something to get you started if you’re interested. You can search the forums for Best RDA RTA, Google and youtube, too. Lots of opinions and brands, so it can be tough to navigate online, but dig around and you’ll see a lot of common brand names come up, good starting points, and prices should be low for getting started. You dont have to spend $50-100 on it, they can be found for $10-20. My first RDA was a Freakshow and they were discontinuing it at my shop, got it for 10 bucks, and they threw in a couple of coils.

1 Like

I had one strawberry I could taste, back when I would buy eliquid (only lasted maybe 1-2 months of buying) a while back. That was Straight Outta The Toaster BFB. Its not so much that I can’t taste Strawberry, as what I do end up tasting, which is just ‘green’. I don’t get it, so I have never really tried to make it work, but my husband has a lot of strawberry flavors, so I play around with profiles every now and then. I do like PUR Strawberry Marshmallow Cereal, now that is a yummy one to me. Erdbeer Joghurt (German Flavours) is also really flavorful for those of us that don’t taste much, and works splendidly as a single flavor, it’s a creamy, delicious strong Strawberry Yogurt, very thick, with an almost Greek Yogurt type thing going on, and has an inherent sweetness.

3 Likes

I know you are just starting out, but I have learned from all these kind people that fruits really do need to be layered and that subtle additives can be your best friend. I vape a lot of strawberry and blueberry. Here is one of my favorite strawberry recipes, I vape it a lot and always have it on hand.

FW STRAWBERRY 6%

TPA STRAWBERRY RIPE 5%

INW SHISHA SB 2.5%

CAP LEMON SICILY 1%

FA BANANA 0.25%

I mix this 70% VG 30% PG

1 Like

I no longer use “store bought” e-juice, but suspected that they used a high amount of sweetener. I do not use any sweeteners in my mixes, and now my coils lasts for weeks, as opposed to when I was using “store bought”.

2 Likes