Room Ventilation For Vaping

My home office has a window but I keep it closed with the blinds shut to keep the sun out. I use a couple of these around the apartment to keep the air clean and it works good with sucking up vapor too (when exhaling towards it).
Same principal as that Avatar VapeNut Air Purifier but costs less in price and has an ionizer option.

9 Likes

I have a couple of these running and they seem to do OK if you blow vapor directly into them. The filters get gunked up pretty fast though. One drawback is that they are fairly loud on the highest fan settings.

4 Likes

The filters get expensive, yes lol

4 Likes

EBAY is a wonderful thing. There are generics for much better prices there than the Honeywell brand. Believe me, that is one thing Iā€™m trying to make sure I consider. Iā€™m far from a rich man so I have to. I am considering the Honeywell because I have bought too many cheaper units and the motors started getting loud or shut down completely far to soon for my taste. I need something that going last at least a year and hopefully more if I take care of itā€¦

3 Likes

True. But beware, some of those cheap filters are just that. Nowhere near the performance of a true HEPA filter.

Given I originally got mine for allergy issues, you may not have an issue on this front. But I thought it worth mentioning.

Totally agree on the motor point. The original Honeywell motors have been bulletproof. The 53000 that I use in the bedroom has run 24-7 for at least 7 years, with only stops for filter changes and the occasional drop or two of oil.

3 Likes

I used to run an air cleaner with HEPA-filter in - the filter was almost dripping with PG/VG after a while :stuck_out_tongue: And the filter was like 11x15 inches :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe an air dehumidifier would be betterā€¦ :smiley:

4 Likes

Interesting. Perhaps I should go have a look at the small one in the officeā€¦

When I commented earlier about not experiencing problems with vg yet, I was thinking of the 53000 in the bedroom (since thatā€™s the last one I serviced).

Didnā€™t even cross my mind to check the small one. Itā€™s about due too! Since I last changed filter on it after I quit smoking, I figured it should last a fair bit longer.

2 Likes

cut an inch off the bottom of your office doorā€¦

3 Likes

Just bought one. Thanks for the recommendation.[quote=ā€œringling, post:1, topic:141371ā€]
The only ventilation is a open door to another room.
[/quote]

Iā€™m in a similar situation, although I have 2 windows that slide vertically. I have been running a dual fan exhaust out of one of the windows, but as summer encroaches on the south I donā€™t see having that open window much longer. And Iā€™m too dang lazy to install the ceiling exhaust fan so hope the air purifier works. Why? Because Iā€™m hoping it will keepā€¦ [quote=ā€œBob_Bitchen, post:4, topic:141371ā€]
the wifeā€™s snide remarks about the fog to a rare minimum
[/quote]

9 Likes

Can I please ask this? I know it probably sounds stupid, and there is a perfectly reasonable answer, and maybe I just havenā€™t figured it out, but I remember a long time ago, going into a B&M near me (never again by the way) and I saw them all blowing into a huge bowl of water, which confused me because they did have ventilation that carried most of it away pretty quickly. I have wondered this for years. What the hell was up with the water bowl?

3 Likes

As long as you paying attention to using correct sq footage I see no reason it couldnā€™t help.Unfortunately for myself, Iā€™m like @Sprkslfly and suffer from allergies. Iā€™m not trying to combat just Vapor. Trying to fight allergens as wellā€¦

2 Likes

This one sounds great for a large room. it will handle up to 310 sq ft. Still a bit small for my room but thought Iā€™d pass it onā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s all of the Holmes products. Free ship with orders over $20.00ā€¦

2 Likes

donā€™t you know? thatā€™s how they make flavoured water. :laughing:

3 Likes

buy from Walmart or nearest superstore as you will need model matching filters over then next couple years. Otherwise make sure the replacement filters are commonly available. That water thing? @g_man2 donā€™t drink that Cucumber Water! :no_mouth:

3 Likes

I never thought of ebay for filters! Great idea!

2 Likes

what? you donā€™t like hot breath cucumber water?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been using my Holmes air purifier for a few days and I must say, Iā€™m quite pleased. It works great in my small room. Only problem is there are 2 open doors in my little office leading to larger rooms, and I think to get where I want to be Iā€™ll need to get at least 1 more for one of the adjoining rooms. Still, the fog has lifted tremendously! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Glad to hear. They are good little units. And priced right.

3 Likes

I was picking up filters from Wally World the other day for my 2 tower Holmes units and picked up this little filter for my desk. For 15 bucks I figuredā€¦ what the hell go for it. Itā€™s fairly loud but works pretty good on my desk.

4 Likes