RTA for max flavour?

@j20nyh I just ordered the Coil Art Azeroth … if you like the Goon, it has a Goon build deck and tank on bottom. Haven’t got it yet but was ordering coils from Advanced Vape and bought one for 29 bucks in Stainless Steel. Reviews seem to be good.

I absolutely love my Goon so how could I not buy this. Videos show an easy build deck and great wicking system with 4 ml tank that will actually hold 5ml and one more ml in the wick itself for total of 6ml. Make sure it’s version 2 because they lengthened the screws on the top plates to accommodate larger coil builds. Hope this helps. Goon baby… Goon

i am more into RTA and RDTA’s … imho i would suggest

1. Pharaoh RTA
  2. Kangertech Protank 4 (it’s not RTa, though it has the mini rba pro you can make your own builds)
  3. Serpent RTA
  4. Serpent mini RTA

i just got the k5 mini in the post today. it’s pretty good. might be better even than the full size one i have (they are clones, the airflow and build quality are a bit different between the two).

i would also suggest the rose v3, i have the sjmy clone from gearbest and find it excellent for flavour. similar to the k5 in some ways, but different in others. flavour might be a bit better. the design seems quite unique.

So far I’ve tried the K5 mini, Serpent mini, and the Mage GTA. I have the Merlin mini but haven’t coiled and wicked it yet. The K5 and Mage are identical flavor-wise and both are better than the Serpent mini IMHO. I like the airflow of the Mage but I don’t like how close the chimney is to the Pyrex tank, it burps bubbles real slow with high VG juice. The Rose V3 does look intriguing and I like the postless deck. I’d have to run the stainless tank section though as a lot of my mixes use plastic tank cracking ingredients.

In my opinion, if you like DTL vaping, there is no better flavor atty than the envii Artisan.

I dont MTL so most of the high end regulars do nothing for me. I did have a KF5 but after I got the Artisan I sold the KF5 to a friend.

1 Like

I’ve got a G2, two Pharoah RDTA (2mill reservoir feed), Smok babby and big baby, Crystal ball, and Griffin that I get great flavor from. They all taste great to me.

1 Like

the stainless tanks are ok i’ve found, i was hesitant but you get used to knowing when it needs filled. been using the stainless on my k5 clone since i cracked the glass by accident (new glass arrived today along with the k5 mini). if you like the k5, you’ll probably like the rose. it might be marginally better, to me. also the airflow is more adjustable, opens wider, if you like that. and it’s very, very quiet.

1 Like

For good flavour from an RTA on a budget, anyone tried the Goblin mini by UD?
The airflow is a bit too tight for huge clouds, and the decks a bit cramped, but the flavour! The flavour competes with most drippers, imo.
And it’s only a tenner!

2 Likes

aye, i have one. i’ve only had it a few weeks now, and have used it a little bit, with a few different builds. i agree that the flavour is very good, the problem for me is that i don’t think i’ve mastered wicking it yet, i’ve been have by problems with it flooding a gurgling, and occasionally leaking. it’s a tricky one to wick, so little space there.

so, so far it’s not been on par with my daily rotation of tanks, but think it has the potential to be, and that i’ve just not fully sussed it out yet.

Looks like an awesome tank… I’ll be on the lookout for the cloned version very soon. :wink: I love my KF’s, so your word on the quality of the flavor in comparison, demands that I add this one to the purchasing queue.

1 Like

It’s not a popular tank so I wouldn’t hold my breath on a clone. I bought mine from covalvapes.com for $44 + shipping. It was worth every penny. I wouldn’t classify it as a high end tank simply because it’s not a limited run high priced atomizer. In my opinion it has equal or better flavor than all of the high end RTA’s that I have tried. Including the Hussar, KF5 and Rose3.

1 Like

It is a right pain to wick. I found that keeping the ends loose helps. What I do is;
Wick the coils, make sure the ends are fluffy and loose. screw the barrel section on and lightly poke wick down so it just meets the top of the juice groove and sort of surrounds the inner wall. you don’t want wick visible at the bottom of the tank. Just so it’s resting above the juice hole inside the barrel/deck area.
Also with thicker juices, when putting it together, leave the barrel around the deck a bit loose, so there’s a small gap around the bottom.

Welp… if they don’t make a clone, dats otay. :smirk: My days of spending more than $17.84 for an atomizer are far behind me… I’m a cheap bastard! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Definitely giving that a thumbs up :grin:

1 Like

thanks, i’ll keep all this in mind when i have it out next. it’s such a small space. hopefully i’ll master it soon, i def think it has potential. love the design as well. it’s so minimal. and the glass tip!

1 Like

I finally got around to coiling and wicking my Merlin mini and it seems to have a slight advantage over the Mage and the K5 but it’s not exactly apples to apples since I used twisted strand coils in the K5 and Mage and I used a Mad Max coil in the Merlin.

1 Like

Just received the Ammit Dual. Aside from it being a whistler unless you open the AF all the way the flavor from this thing is fantastic!

my suggestions are to take a look at

a) Serpent RTA (not the mini) even if it’s a single coil it can use most wires effectively while it has good airflow too while it’s cheap too :slight_smile:

b) Pharaoh RTA (it owns) big liquids capacity, nice air, good feel and in overall it’s a really nice one

c) Kangertech Protank 4, it’s not an RTA, but it comes with a velocity rba (Rba pro) of kangertech… this is my everyday vape and i own two of them… i like the taste, feeling… i just sometimes wish for some more airflow but this isn’t really a problem at all

d) Crystal Ball aka Dragonball by fumytech… maybe the best RDTA out there for me… great flavor, nice deck, it works both as RDA and RTA… i have used it many times though i don’t like the way it looks… it’s kinda fancy for me :stuck_out_tongue: but all the rest are really great :slight_smile:

1 Like