RTA suggestion for an ex-smoker

Aromamizer.
Dual coil friendly 2 post velocity build deck, don’t have to empty tank to build. Airflow is limited as you see fit from none to fairly open, holds decent amount, durable and well built… That’s what id reccomend for a good first rdta, it was my first rebuildable also

@VapingKrakenVK

I haven’t had problems with leaking except for when the wick needs to be changed and it doesn’t absorb anymore liquid. When that happens it does leak a little from the airflow. It doesn’t happen often. And you will get some juice build up under the build deck over time but you can unscrew the airflow section and wipe it down every couple days which helps. It’s a very build dependent atomizer but I love it for the awesome flavor and smooth restrictive draw. You have to love a tight draw i.e. Kayfun V2 + to enjoy it. It’s also a bit different to build and some people don’t like the way you coil it but over time it becomes just as easy as anything else. I hope this helps. If it means anything I have 2 and other than my Le Magister RDA’s it’s all i really use.

FYI the allen screws can strip easily so go gentle on them.

1 Like

cheers mate, good info. Might give the rose a chance over the KF just for the look of the tank :slight_smile:

I received my Ehpro Kayfun Lite V2’s today. I scrubbed one up, let it dry, and I’m giving it a whirl. The quality is very good, in my opinion. I went slow & easy on the threaded parts to start, and all sections went together nicely, and no leaks, so far. It’s a tight draw. I’m Toodle Puffing this thing, and really enjoying it. 1.5 ohm coil and 7.5 watts…lol. The flavor is dynamite. I’ll add a turn on the next coil and bump the resistance up a little.

I think this thing is going to be right up my alley. Low power, great flavor, very cigarette like. It could use a ‘little’ more air, but it’s not bad for me. I do tobacco flavors only, and this works well for me, in that arena. I’m still on the first 1/3 of a tank, so it’s still early. I don’t think building on this is going to be an issue at all. It’s very straight forward. No dry hits, and no flooding, gurgling, spitting, or leaking, even on my first build.

I have been wanting something that has taste that’s as good, or close to, the Nautilus Mini, but rebuildable. This Kayfun clone is very close. If you like lots of air, this isn’t for you. Think Nautilus Mini, on the 2nd smallest air hole, and you’ll be close.

I’m looking forward to messing with this tank some more.

4 Likes

Looks like you love your KF already, I wish I didnt spend on the rose just yet. Looks like ti Efro KF is the thing that I am after since you specifically mentioned [quote=“d_fabes, post:44, topic:62803”]
If you like lots of air, this isn’t for you. Think Nautilus Mini, on the 2nd smallest air hole, and you’ll be close.
[/quote]

and that is exactly what i am after. Ill probably give the rose a try and see if I like it enough so that I dont have to spend on the KF now. Thanks for the info, hey another question for you, I only like MTL and I recently started making my own ejuice making 6mg bluberry at 50/50. Is it supposed to feel peppery? especially when I exhale, seems like somethings peppery is flowing out. Is that normal?

VK: try mixing a small batch without nic then vape it to see if the peppery taste is still there.

What brand and % of blueberry did you use, BTW?

1 Like

i buy from vista vapors, and the flavor I used is Blue raspberry. I dont know it just feels a bit weird and I think its something that shouldnt be there. at 6 mg I get very little throat hit but that peppery taste at the end while exhaling is a mood killer. I know I am doing something wrong. I used 10 % flavor, is his too much??

I think that’s usually from the nicotine. You might try making a small sample of ejuice, without nicotine, and see if the peppery taste is gone. If I remember, from previous posts from others down under, that your nicotine choices are very limited. I don’t know how easy it would be for you to try a different nicotine vendor.

Yes nicotine juices are illegal here, so getting them from US now. Its not that bad except for the long wait and high shipping charge. Might give nude nicotine a try, I guess you get what you pay for, but while I say this, Vista Vapor has one of the best customer service and cheap juice deal which I love. Ill post when I get my supply from nude nicotine this time and see if the issue is fixed.

I can attest to the quality of nicotine from Nude Nicotine. It’s very good. I don’t think I’ll be ordering from anyone else in the future.

1 Like

looks good to me, they expensive though. Oh well, I am giving it a shot now.

Take a look at Nicotine River as well. I’m not sure how the prices compare, with Nude Nic. Both may have a discount for ELR, also.

I wouldn’t suggest ever going cheap on nicotine. Even when it comes to flavorings I only buy Lorann’s, Flavor West, The Flavor Apprentice, Capella’s, Flavor Art and a couple other brands that are reputable. It can get pricey but no where near what I was paying for pre-made. I order from here.

https://store-q51ae6vv.mybigcommerce.com

1 Like

I’ve been using the Ehpro Kayfun Lite V2 on & off for a few days now. I decided it needed just a wee bit more air.

I fired up the drill press and drilled out the center air tube to 5/64. Then drilled out the side holes on the tube, to match. I haven’t tried it with juice in it yet, but A & B dry tests, with one of the stock KFL’s show that it made a big difference. The draw (and I like fairly tight draw) is much better.

The flavor was good, in the stock KFL’s, but … using carburetor speak, it was just running a bit rich. That’s the best way to describe it. I’ll put a build on it tomorrow, and juice it up. I think it going to run well.

I’ll report back, afterward, with the results.

2 Likes

On a side note, Fasttech sells a spare parts kit for the
Kayfun lite and one for the kayfun lite V2.
Comes with center pin, positive deck, screws and insulators.
Nice to have around.

My personal favorites are the Russian 91% clones, because of
the air control on the side of the base.

Also, throw a bell cap on it with a short chimney for a
different look. Enjoy the lite.

Thanks. Yes, now that I know the KFL is a keeper, or can be turned into one, some spare parts for it would be a good idea. I’ll have to look at some of the other options, like the bell caps too.

I’m going to do the drilling on the other 3 also.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the suggestion, I bought capellla flavs and nic from mfs…they have good reviews hope it’s worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check these blokes out :
http://www.liberty-flights.com.au/can-i-buy-e-liquid-containing-nicotine-in-australia
They have a 10% discount code: ORDO

They are also a vendor here I believe.

1 Like

You can take the airflow screw all the way out :grinning:

I wound up doing the same with my UD Bellus; broke out the Dremel and opened up the air intake holes a great deal. Where before, it was too tight of a draw…now, it’s just where I like it. Yay! for power tools. :grinning:

3 Likes