Scales for mixing e-Liquid in large quantities?

Hi all, hoping somebody can help. I want to mix large batches of e-Liquid, approx 2 litres at a time but my current scales are only capable of weighing up to 500g.

I had a quick look online but all the precision scales that measure to 2 decimal places 0.01g and are capable of 2500g or more are all grossly expensive.

Any help is much appreciated, i’m hoping there’s something out there a bit more reasonably priced.

1 Like

If you make 2 liters I think it is no problem if you miss 1gr. I mean the 1gr accuracy scale will work probably with no problem.

1 Like

The great thing with the metric system is you can just bump the decimal around. Just understand that .1g accuracy is fine at 1000ml if .01g accuracy is fine at 100ml. Same difference, same potential for variance.

6 Likes

You could always use your 500g .01 scale for measuring flavors, and then switch to a larger .1 scale for the base ( the heavy part).

6 Likes

Funny you mention this. I maxed out my scale for the first time yesterday and it broke my brain a little because I wasn’t expecting it. I’ve been looking into new scales too and so far the price just isn’t worth it. @VapeyMama’s post sounds like a good solution. Making that much juice at a time gives you a lot of wiggle room before there would be any noticeable difference in the finished product.

3 Likes

At higher volumes, unless your willing to spend the money, it starts to make more sense to mix volume.

I mix by weight because of the speed factor of mixed by 15-20 15-30ml mixes at a time. If you are mixing a liter then breaking down to individuale bottle then volume would be my vote for accuracy…unless you have the right tools (like a good scale)

3 Likes

Yeah this kinda thing always pickles my brain, i’m glad I asked the question before forking out for an expensive laboratory scale.

2 Likes

I do the two scale method myself, my 100g scale is super sensitive and responsive, my bigger scale takes longer to register so it’s a little annoying to use for the tiny drops of flavor. Its a nice budget friendly solution. :wink:

2 Likes

How does this work for large quantities of VG though?

1 Like

Ok, Let’s say you have the scale that tops out at 500g. Let’s say that the container you are using is 100g. That leaves you 400g for VG. The chart I use lists VG at 1.26 grams per ml. Doing the math (400g/1.26g/ml) I get just over 317ml where the scale will hit max. Does that help or hinder?

1 Like

They make bigger syringes. You can get them at a farm store.

Personally I got a couple from the pharmacy that are intended to dispense liquid medications for children. There only like 5-8mls though…but work well enough for me to dispense a 400ml batch to 30/15ml bottles for the random occasion that I mix that big.

1 Like

Like this you mean? https://i.imgur.com/e1dFg1N.jpg

4 Likes

Mix your flavor and Nicotine using a 500g scale and add VG/PG by volume.

3 Likes

Like already suggested - For big batches, why not use a precision scale, then for the bulk part - the nicotine, PG and VG use big graduated cylinders?

1 Like

I ended up getting a 2nd scale for heavier mixing.