Senior Vapors

Just wondering how many “senior” vapors we have out there. Now I’m not talking about senior in the number of years you’ve been vaping, but senior in number of years on this earth. Tell a little about yourself and the why’s and how’s you got in to vaping.
I’ll start by saying I’ve been roaming this earth now for 71 years. I retired 6 years ago, got really bored about two years ago, so now I’m back to driving truck part time. As you may tell from my avitar, I walk, some what, to the beat of a different drummer; don’t know too many 71 year olds that enjoy Harry Potter movies. I convinced my wife that vaping would help me loose weight, you know, putting an atomizer to my lips instead of potato chips. Don’t know if that’s really working, but I enjoy the heck out of vaping and the hobby in general. I make my own juice, wind my own coils, watch a lot of You Tube videos, and read a lot of posts on this forum. Thought I’d include a picture of just some of my vaping gear. So, let’s hear from some of the 55 and older crowd.

19 Likes

Age is just a number.

Circa 1976 here.

3 Likes

Gettin things done, since 1971…

4 Likes

9 Likes

Bunch of 70’s babies… AWESOME

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for all the work you do here. Have you always lived in Denmark?

1 Like

Got 3 more years before I hit the double-nickel.
But…
I’ve been getting AARP trail cards in the mail for about 4 years now as well as the monthly info flyer from the Trident Society (cremation service). Not to mention friendly reminders for prostate exams. (sigh)
Looking forward to my lecherous golden years and yelling at kids to stay off my lawn.

9 Likes

1⃣9⃣7⃣3⃣:eight_pointed_black_star::eight_pointed_black_star::eight_pointed_black_star:

3 Likes

I think I get something in the mail from AARP just about every day; now if my vape mail was as frequent as my AARP mail I’d be a happy camper. Ya, getting old isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

4 Likes

Quiz time! What year was this, not so good year, in history?

4 Likes

Your year I presume, not your age :wink:

3 Likes

1962, what’s my price?
I’m not allowed to participate cause I’m way to young to chime in with the 55 and older crowd.
I’m from 1961 so I have to steep a little longer. :grinning:

4 Likes

Ah yes, 1962 the year I graduated from HS.

5 Likes

That’s okay, I’m partial to the Dutch since that is my heritage.

3 Likes

Nearly there another 1961

4 Likes

Well, in that case, I started vaping by accident you might say. I started smoking young, 9, and kept it up for 44 years. My sister talked about electronic cigarettes and I didn’t wanna know anything about it. There wasn’t a hair on my head that was willing to stop smoking. I told her I inhale more shit walking the street and asked her if she wanted to die with clean lungs since dying is what you’re going to do anyway, I didn’t see the point of the exercise. Then I just bought a cigalike on impuls in februari, had one rollup that day and one the next and was done with smoking. Bought an ego pretty soon after and then an RDA, watched some YT video’s to learn how to make a coil and discovered DIY along the way. Joined this site in march because there was a giveaway, which I didn’t win by the way, ahum, Daath? and been here ever since because it’s such a nice crowd to hang out with.

8 Likes

Do you live in the Netherlands? I have several relatives there that I have never met; Groeneveld’s and DeVries’s.

1 Like

I just knew I had to get off the stinkies, even though I loved my RYO so much; the tobaccos in the vaping world are getting better and better…esp. the NET vendors catering to the tobacco lovers.

3 Likes

Yes, I live in Amsterdam and de Vries is a very common name here, there are 873 of them in the telephone-book in Amsterdam, Groenenveld only 1 and in my area no less.

I haven’t purchased net flavors yet, but I did pick up a bottle of Daughters & Ryan’s American Blend which is a net. It better be, I paid $20 for 30 ml.

1 Like