Serpent mini help please

Hi all… So I have the serpent mini 25mm tank have had it for about 3 or 4 weeks now… I can’t get this thing to wick correctly and it’s driving me crazy. I am currently using the single coil deck with a 6/7 wrap standard coil I believe 24g kanthal. Ohms out around .3 or .4… Its sitting in my car atm… So I am using cotton in this one and man the first few pulls awesome flavor then it dries out on me and harsh hit. I have to unscrew the top fill cap slightly watch the bubbles rise and then wait 30 or 45 seconds and take a couple more pulls… Then repeats… I have rewicked this thing at least 20 times… The Mrs has one too and I swapped her single deck for the dual coil deck and she hasn’t complained yet… I would like to get the single working for me before I swap to the dual coil deck… I have wicked it almost tight and almost loose… Cotton down to the bottom of the juice holes and even tried with them sitting on top of the juice holes… It leaks like that and still end up getting dry hits… Can anyone help me out?

I don’t have a serpent mini, but I hadthe same issues with my tfv4. I started cutting the wick like the guy in the video and it works great now. Not sure if it would work with yours but it’s worth a shot!

2 Likes

I will try anything at this point lol worth a shot… I actually have a tfv4 and it has never worked for me… Any time I fill it more than half way it leaks no matter what lol So frustrating it just sits in a plastic bag right no lol

2 Likes

Definitely try it on your tfv4 too! I wick it so it’s just loose enough to pull the wick back and forth through the coil if I pull on each side of the cotton at the same time… if that makes sense. Lol

1 Like

The key to wicking any RTA is to use enough cotton to cover the juice channels without stuffing it so tight that it chokes the juice flow.

What is the inner diameter of your coil? How many watts are you running? Can you post a picture?

2 Likes

3mm ID… About 45 to 50 watts… I can take a picture on my lunch break when I can break it out lol… I have a couple tanks… My griffin25 I have no issues with… Kind of the same setup…

The flipping it upside down to tighten the topcap trick works with that tank, and don’t fill it all the way to the top

1 Like

They looked better on my phone lol

That actually looks pretty good. Maybe just trim a little off the tips so that there is less in the bottom of the juice well. How tight is the cotton in the coil? You couild also try going up to 3.5 id.

2 Likes

There’s not enough cotton in the little juice well. First thing you should do is get rid of that ring and then you can spread the cotton out a little bit more along the bottom of the cutouts for the well.

1 Like

I am still old school on coil wrapping lol I use precision screwdrivers even for my Claptons that I make lol saw no need in investing in a jig when my drivers work just fine… But they don’t go higher than 3mm lol So guess I would have to find a drill bit lol

I will try this way as well hopefully something works out better

To be honest with you, it’s a much better tank with dual coils in it. I rarely use the single coil deck but when I do I make the same as you’re running and wick it without that pointless ring getting in the way. I use SS in TC though, you can find the amount of cotton you need to use to avoid leaking and you don’t have to worry about dry hits.

1 Like

Nice I never thought of wicking and leaving the ring off entirely

1 Like

I wicked it twice with the ring then tossed it in the trash lol

1 Like

Yup my next project tonight… I do want to use it dual coil it just takes more time for me to make wire for my dual coil set ups making Claptons take a little time and I have to wait for my kids to pass out so they don’t step on my wires lol So single coils are easy to build quickly and wick quickly normally and still get the job done on vape satisfaction

1 Like

You should check out lightning vapes, they do spools of clapton wire. That’s where I get mine, great quality and very reasonable price. I’ve bough 24/36 and 26/36 SS316L from them.
With the serpent being a short tank I find I get as good of flavour with round wire builds as with claptons.
https://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/specialty-wire

2 Likes

That is the only place I buy my wire from plus1for them… I have never purchased clapton wire though I like to make it myself :slight_smile: plus it saves me a little bit of money to buy more flavors lol

1 Like

It’s $10 for 25’ of clapton wire, I would nearly bet that’s cheaper than you could make 25’ for. Plus I’m a lazy cunt at the best of times lol

2 Likes