Session Drummer's review of Aspire's Speeder Revvo Kit

Thanks out to @HealthCabin for providing this unit free of charge for the purposes of this review. I don’t review many non-rebuildable devices, but this one caught my eye and had me curious about the A.R.C. (Aspire Radial Coil) technology.

Retail price 20% off coupon code: aspire20, expire on May 31, 2018

https://www.healthcabin.net/aspire-speeder-revvo-200w-mod-kit-standard-version-p/17045.html

Aspire Speeder Specs:

• Size: 130mm (H) x 31(W) x 46mm (L)/ 125mm (H) x 31(W) x 46mm (L)
  • Screen: 0.96-inch OLED
  • Variable voltage: 0.1 - 8.4V
  • Variable Wattage: 1 - 200W
  • TEMP Range: 200 - 600F/ 100 - 315℃
  • Modes: VW/VV/Bypass/TC-Ti/TC-Ni/TC-SS/TCR/CPS
  • Thread: spring loaded 510 thread
  • Charging port: USB charging port
  • Battery: 2x 18650 cell (not included)
  • Tank capacity: 3.6ml/ 2ml (EU edition)
  • Coil: 0.1-0.16ohm (50-100W, best 80-85W)

Aspire Revvo Sub-Ohm Tank Specs:

• 24mm Diameter
  • Stainless Steel Protective Glass Sleeve
  • Threaded Top Fill
  • Single Spring Loaded Fill Port
  • 3.6ml Tank Capacity
  • Triple Top Adjustable Airflow
  • 10.5mm by 2.5mm Each Airslot (Fully Closeable)
  • ARC (Aspire Radial Coil) Coil Family
  • Horizontal Orientation
  • 0.10 to 0.16 ohm
  • 50 to 100W (80 to 85W Recommended)
  • Kanthal AF Wire
  • Organic Cotton
  • Drip Tip Acts as Drip Cap
  • 12mm Wide Bore
  • Stainless Steel and Glass Construction

What’s Included:

• 1x Speeder MOD
  • 1x Revvo Tank 3.6ml/ 2ml (EU Edition)
  • 2x Coils (0.1-0.16ohm)
  • 1x Glass tube
  • 10x O-rings
  • 2x Warning cards
  • 1x Manual
    1x Warranty card
    1x Protective silicone cap

The kit came in standard packaging, and had the extras nicely packed.

This included a spare glass tank, coil, charger, and rubber cap

As well as LOTS of o-rings, and all of the normal warranty and user’s guide info.

The Speeder was easy on the eyes and felt good in the hand with “leather” trim.

With the very familiar vented, hinged battery door, swapping batteries was a breeze.

The almost full length fire button proved to work very well, had some tactile click, and never misfired.

The 0.96 in. OLED display worked great, only getting washed out in direct sunlight, but very clear.

Moving onto the Revvo tank things grew interesting.

With a fairly domed cap and ample airflow the flavor and flow were very impressive.

Now revealed is the ARC coil, and spring loaded filling port.

The ARC (Aspire Radial Coil) is very interesting and is said to mirror a stove top.

Filled and ready to go.

Did quite a bit of testing in wattage mode, then shifted to TC and it DOES go all the way up to 600 degrees.

Results:
Having never tried an ARC coil, I had assumed for sure it was not going to vape well, probably dry hits, poor flavor, etc., but WOW was I wrong. It actually surprised me very much. The vapor and flavor production left nothing to be desired, which again, surprised me. After more than a few tank fulls the coils showed no signs of giving up. I’m not one to get upset with a built in drip tip IF it works good, and looks good on the tank, which this one did. It is built into the cap, so love it or, … well, love it. Had no leaks during normal usage, and a few tip overs. Had great vapes across the spectrum of wattage and TC. Controls were easy to figure out, and use. Volt/wattage/TC ranges covered all bases for me when testing. As expected the tank and mod are well suited to each other. The big flaw that I personally found was the filling. Filling with needle tip or smaller tipped bottles actually worked very good, provided you didn’t push the juice in too fast, but since I use a lot of 120ml twist tops, I decided to try and fill with one of them, which led to a messy mess. Unfair test ?? Perhaps, but I wanted to test it any way.

Pros:

• Up to 200w Wattage Mode and 600 degrees TC Mode
  • Easy to replace coils
  • Wide bore drip tip and open airflow
  • Easy to use controls
  • Feels good in the hand
  • Good Extras in packaging

Cons:

• Fixed / Buit in Drip tip
  • Filling with larger bottles difficult
  • Need to purchase coils

Dimensions and Color Options:

Instructions:

Conclusion:

If you’re looking for a clean, easy to use “gas and go” setup, that is easy to use, this kit will work for you. Great vapor and flavor from a comfortable mod to hold won’t leave you disappointed or break the bank doing it. Although I didn’t try, it doesn’t appear that it would be too difficult to remove/replace the cotton in the coils, which could add even more value to this combo.

As of this review @HealthCabin has the standard version and the TPD version discounted.
Retail price 20% off coupon code: aspire20, expire on May 31, 2018

https://www.healthcabin.net/aspire-speeder-revvo-200w-mod-kit-standard-version-p/17045.html

31 Likes

Great review @SessionDrummer!! Thanks for the good read!!:beers:

5 Likes

Thank you @Eddiepraysforpeace

4 Likes

Great review, thanks for the info, this tank/coil has intrigued me since it came out. Let me kinow how the re-wicking goes :smile:
:+1::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Nice read, great job @SessionDrummer !
I’ve been curious about these coils too.
Thanks man !

4 Likes

Nice review SD. The filling thing is not really unfair. Products should be tested with what we use everyday. A 120 is kinda pushing it just a wee bit tho LOL!

4 Likes

Great review. Love that mod. Nothing flashy. Just works well and fits nice in the hand. One of my mainstays.

4 Likes

@CosmicTruth Thank you. We’ve all seen the next NEW thing come out,is and many times they’re either not really NEW, or they quickly disappear but the ARC coils are quite interesting. On my initial fill I filled the tank itself, not using the spring valve, and waited to see how fast the ARC would wick, and it was surprisingly fast. I think there MIGHT be something to this whole “stovetop” thing after all.

4 Likes

Thank you @Pap

3 Likes

@TorturedZen Yeah, I thought about it for a bit, should I, shouldn’t I, hehe. I knew it probably wouldn’t work, and I might get stuck with a “cleanup”, but for the sake of Science and Shit, I forged ahead !!!

3 Likes

@SmilingOgre thank you, and you are right. I didn’t see any value into going into fine details that no one cares about, and sometimes with all the hooplah the simpler things can get overlooked. I’ve made more than a few purchases that are advanced, esoteric, but lack some of basic stuff that we all need, and/or take for granted.

2 Likes

Great review man. I have the Revvo tank and get pretty muted flavor from it. Maybe its subjective or it works better with certain types of flavoring. I have rebuilt the coils and get slightly better results from using my own cotton. I am wondering what they use for wicking material? The first layer you pull out from the bottom can’t be cotton. Its like a fine kitchen scrub pad kind of material. The second layer that is against the coil might be cotton, but its very strong and is somehow fixed in place. Maybe pressed into the metal frame.

4 Likes

Nice review Dman, quite like the look of this one 🖒 thanks for an awesome write up buddy :wink::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Great succinctly complete review, appreciated; nice looking and apparently preforming gear!

3 Likes

@Jim22 Thank you, and it did look like re wicking wouldn’t be too hard to do. I can’t speak to any muting from the one they sent me, as I was actually surprised by the volume of flavor it put out. For testing, I used my heavy bakery, creams, and custards.

2 Likes

Thank you @Steampugs and @HVPGH.

4 Likes

Nice review my friend. My curiosity had been peaked when I first heard about this. Lets wait and see if anyone attempts a coil rebuild on this one :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks @Lostmarbles. If I get around to it, and don’t break anything I’ll report back.

2 Likes

Great review. I wish I had the time to write reviews, maybe I should give up my online video game with my 7 players.:alien:

3 Likes

Thanks @Daven.

2 Likes