Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

I have parted company with both the Slice and the G2. Not because of how they work. The Slice just wasn’t powerful enough to suit my style, and the G2 was too top heavy. Every time it would fall over I would cuss and bitch and threaten to get rid of it until that is exactly what I did. But as for it’s performance, well I’m also not big into kanthal but it certainly did perform excellently with “temp control” and although it’s not the same method as most other TC mods, it still performed. If I was a big Kanthal fanboy but wanted TC too I’d have kept both those mods.

Very true. People can understand things differently. However, if someone wants to venture into an area of vaping where there is a rather technical side to it, I think it serves to gain as much understanding of facts as possible.

5 Likes

Very much agree, and well stated!

1 Like

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:33, topic:155264”]
And it’s not just things you’ve said…this thread is a **** show of misinformation
[/quote] Ouch!

i’m sure there’s no bad intentions anywhere … and with all due respect to everyone’s experiences, knowledge and willingness to jump in and help @Maureeenie, please can you share/correct other inaccuracies you see in this thread for others who visit it later to learn…

i, for one, would appreciate being corrected and apologize if i gave bad info, and to learn something new and keep this a fun thing… there’s a lot of disagreements already outside in the real world :slight_smile:

from what i see above, the wattage setting effect on TC experience was mentioned 3 times in 3 different ways to describe the same thing. if i’m new to TC, more ways to explain is better for me - then we can always correct each other in a friendly way too without casualties :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since I started vaping (back when those kanger tanks and crappy pen batteries were the standard option) I personally have been looking for the perfect vape.

When it comes to the electrical element, I know enough to keep myself from blowing off a hand.

On the chemical reactions and gassing off of heated metals - I know nothing. There are folks on this site who have degrees in this stuff and I’m not going to ever question what they know. But we are all sort of being used as willing lab rats to a certain extent in this grand experiment called vaping so with that in mind…

This post was born from me being a lazy ass who didn’t want to do her research, read her mod manuals and watch youtube video’s until my eyes bled…just to be sure I didn’t have to throw a mod out the back door like a hand grenade because it was over heating in my ignorance of settings on the SS.

So here’s what I’m going to do… I’m going to read my mod manuals and do my research and hope you guys just do a group hug!

7 Likes

I need that on a T-shirt.

The hurt feelings and anything said out of line or taken as such, will pass. That’s the thing about families (at least, mine) every once and awhile there’s a bit of drama but family is family and it all works out in the end. Now go find a magnifying glass (or a microscope in my case) and read some manuals.

5 Likes

OK…a little help here…(please thanks hugs)

… so I upgraded the firmware on the Releaux. (I followed directions, my first upgrade ever) its at 4.13

What I am seeing on the screen is weird to me but maybe not to you?

It says; TC SS (Its supposed to)
It says 260 C (I think its supposed to say that too, its a comfortable temp)

But then it says 250.0W

00028/0.29 Ohm

Should that say 250W? I only have 2 batteries in there? The mod is also a little warm, I’m not liking that. I’m not liking how hot the tank is either.

I pulled the batteries because … well (grenade) not.

It is a lot smoother, I just took my first few draws on my tank with TC.

But I can’t get this $#%^$# Releaux Mod to stop heating up. I’m doing something wrong lol… oh geez.

Just my opinion and experience on temp control, emphasizing “my personal experience” up front…

I have tried every material and almost every TC device that’s out right now.The best material and device that gives me the best TC performance of all, Titanium Wire on a DNA device by far.

There is one thing important to mention. It takes the most time to find your set up because to get the best results, you have to set it up with a computer and software. It took me a while to find the best wire and build that suits me but to me, I believe it’s worth the extra effort.

4 Likes

This is kind of cool not having the steam get hotter on the draw and I do believe you guys because I know you all have a lot of experience with a lot of different mods and wire…

I’ve kind of settled on this tank (The Crown 3 II) really nice air flow…which means I’m dealing with the SS stock coils for it in the near term. I guess I’m just not sure how I’m going to economically get a DNA mod ?

I thought those mods are all well over $125.00?

1 Like

I build my DNA Mods, my 200w DNA cost me around 70 dollars, the 75w cost me about 50 dollars.

1 Like

That’s extremely cool but Gramma here probably would not do that lol.

1 Like

OK… so (Maureenie the Brain Surgeon)

I have this mod adjusted to 60 Watts now in TC at 245 C. This coil is reading at .29 ohms. The mod isn’t heating up as bad as it was but it’s warm… the tank seems like its way too hot. Am I pushing this coil too hard or maybe not hard enough?

1 Like

Ok, I took a minute to calm down and consider the number of enjoyable relationships I have here vs the number of problematic ones. But I am going to vent a bit.

When it comes to trying to comment on technical issues this forum is not friendly to newcomers. It seems we have maybe 20 or 30 members that have developed what I can best describe as a clandestine pecking order whereby subjects have become territorial. I have now encountered three such individuals who lurked in the shadows and came pouncing in when they felt their status per expertise was being challenged. This is behavior I would have expected to see in the Appalachians in the late 40’s. Ok, I don’t have a PHD, but as long as we are going to flaunt education, I am an EE with a minor in computer sciences. I do happen to understand what is going on inside a mod. I also do not think that defending my comments is either warranted or good for the individual who needs help. I have seen a lot of condemnation of my comments but have seen no information that clearly depicts different postulates than what I have affirmed. I also see the confusion has continued if not compounded.

Enough said.

5 Likes

Walt, you are our vape brother and very knowledgeable.

I get attacked all the time. Most of it is just snarky stupid stuff.

When I put up my VG base recipe someone actually had the nerve to say some vendor had been doing it… I just had to laugh because I know it took me 6 months of screwing around trying to get the right thickness of the VG and researching and testing it for sub ohm recipes. I know I helped a lot of people who cant tolerate PG and I KNOW they are chucking clouds they could never have before lol.

We do have a lot of newish know it all’s in here now but remember - JoJo and Lars will take care of them, they always do.

3 Likes

Thank you! I needed that. There so many joys to be had in vaping. To me it’s been a miracle.

3 Likes

Just blow em off… we know who knows stuff in here.

4 Likes

@Maureeenie, the low ramp of SS is one problem I had with those builds but a bit more ohms will help you with the heat. Bring that build up to a .5 and that should help. Temp control takes time and practice so keep it up.

2 Likes

I know tons more about temp control than I ever thought I would. In fact when I first noticed it gaining popularity I thought it was a bunch of malarkey invented to sell more stuff. Then I went head first in it and learned everything I possibly could. Sharing that knowledge has always been fun too. Now I don’t want any part of people getting upset or what have you, so I’m going to recuse myself here. If I can help in any way don’t hesitate to pm me.

@TheFlavorSeeker I’ve not been ignoring you, but it appears a simple difference of opinion is enough to cause problems, so I’ll pass on it.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, it will default to it’s high settings after an upgrade. Just get into wattage adjustments and lower it. It’s been awhile since I played with mine so I don’t rember how to get into the wattage

1 Like

Whoops. I see you figured it out already. Sorry 'bout that.