Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

Wow! You’ve went for self proclaimed techno illiterate to technical philanthropist in about a heart beat! Great question. Great logic. I have no idea! I can think of electrical postulates that would support the theory, but in the end, I just don’t know.

Emm…Walt, buddy? I do not think that word means what you think it means (philanthropist).

I’m thinking that would explain people who generally understand most stuff about sub ohm vaping having a mod blow up in their hand wouldn’t it? An old battery?

I equate this to the tranny in my big 9 year old SUV. It never worked a hard day in it’s life until I had to pull a camper with it whose weight was at about 60% of the trucks full capacity tow rating…

The tranny was designed to tow that much weight, but had never done it before so it was kind of pissed off when it had to do it’s job.

1 Like

I’m a philanderer but that’s beside the point…

1 Like

An analogy. I’m thinking more in terms of a love for technology. Sorry, paint pictures with words again.

1 Like

You did fine. lol… we are having fun.

XD no worries. I’m just not seeing the picture, it happens.

1 Like

You are fine too, we are just having fun!

lol, ya that was a distant tangent. Kinda of a quantum leap in the middle of an otherwise sensible conversation.

1 Like

Every day we vape… we really are being used as test subjects for this stuff.

I think more we’re enthusiastically exploring :P.

That’s the real appeal of tech, for me – it’s emblematic of the only frontier, knowledge itself.

2 Likes

Semantics… it’s all fun and games until someone yells “incoming!”. Ha…

2 Likes

Ya, in a very real sense we are. I like that.

2 Likes

It seems like they just keep pushing the power needs on these on these tanks and mods to a point where… I don’t know if it’s good. The way we use these things and what they find out from us using them?

Maybe what they learn from us using these mods and what these batteries can and can’t handle will be used as a power source for a new high tech weapon! Ha!

2 Likes

Lol, I doubt it’s that nefarious but I do agree with your assessment of high power and low resistance. Not a place I’m willing to go. IMHO anything under 0.2Ω is getting “edgy” given the range of quality in mods, current battery selection, etc. Very common place today for sub ohm tanks to boast 0.15Ω coils. That’s pushing the safety envelope IMHO.

2 Likes

These mod manufacturers could save themselves a whole lotta bad press, accidents and other problems if they would just put a sign on the front of the box : MUST BE USED WITH THIS KIND OF BATTERY OR YOU GO BOOM CLOWN.

1 Like

Agreed. I have also noted many instances of either completely falsified specifications or “fudged” unqualified specifications on mods. I have noted none that will directly make a mod go boom, but given the ethics demonstrated by these manufacturers I have reason for a pause. What have they chosen in terms of a dc to dc converter if they are using one? What is the low voltage cut off point of the supply side of your power supply? How does your power supply react as the supply side of dc to dc converter approaches and or reaches saturation? The of course there’s the battery manufacturers. OMG! That is one murky mess.

1 Like

I’ve made a decision here:

Per everyone’s instructions, these .25 coils on this Crown 3 tank just aren’t functioning well in TC Mode. It’s extremely inconsistent. I don’t think the mod likes this coil.

They seem to fine in wattage mode but they need a WHOLE lot of wattage to function properly in wattage mode. It’s way too hot of a vape for granny here.

So… I’m going to back off to the .5 Coils, do a little more testing.

1 Like

Bravo! You’ve got it down. Find what you like and what works for you. As you pick up more nuances you may revisit some prior decisions. I have. Let it flow and enjoy the journey.

1 Like

My lab rat statement is an understatement, honestly. The manufacturer R and D departments are under pressure to get these things to market quickly. I can about see a nervous electrical engineer with his boss and the marketing director in a conference room threatening the guy with a bat to work faster.

We just have to be really careful.