Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

I think TC is worth it though, I like it. It’s a very smooth vape. (when the mod works)

1 Like

OK… you guys were all right. I put a .5 Coil on it. That’s what it wanted. It’s pulsing but the board is pushing clean power, the battery is handling it and the vape is real consistent. This is what it wants.

1 Like

Unfortunately a lot of the mods available perform equal erratic with TC. I’m going to explain TC as best as I can so if this is something that you already know please forgive me.

All mods that perform TC use algorithms based on resistance. The chip reads the resistance of the coil when you put the atomizer on your mod and assumes that the coil is at the same temperature as the mod. That is why it is really important to let both your mod and atomizer rest in the same area before starting this process. So, say it’s 70 degrees and you place your tank on the mod and it asks if it is a new coil. You click on yes and it reads the resistance and locks it in with the belief that your coil is at 70 degrees. When you hit the button and started puffing the coils resistance starts to rise. Using TCR or Temperature Coefficient of Resistance it then determines how that rise translates to the current temperature.

Now, this is all very cool techno wizardry and all but in practice the whole thing relies on one major point. If resistance is the the center of the TC universe you would think that manufacturers would use the best components available to read the resistance of the coil with accuracy and consistency. Unfortunately, most do not. If the mod does not read the resistance properly the whole experience goes to shit.

In my experience the best TC mods that I have used are the DNA Chips and the Yihi Chips. I have not tried any of the FSK Chips used in the Hohm Wreckers as I think that their devices are ugly and way too Clouds Bro Clouds for my taste. The best of the rest for me are the Innokin Cool Fire TC mods, Aspire NX75 and Aspire Archon. I have heard good things about the Aspire Speeder, Voopoo Drag, Smoant Battlestar and Smoant Charon but have not used them yet.

3 Likes

Thanks for the vote of confidence Walt. I do what I can.

1 Like

TC is a good thing! You guys are all leading me to this knowledge in a different way, I’m grateful for all the time you all spent helping me! Thank you very much!

I guess if I step back and look this, I’m thinking it would serve the mod manufacturers well to also focus on improving the sensors in the mod to idiot proof these things a little more.

I’m thinking TC also may be healthier in regard to the lungs because they aren’t having to deal with the shock of the increasing heat like using wattage does.

2 Likes

Nicely done and very appropriate for your audience. I will not be a tech nazi. You have noted this as well; Yihi does an amazing job with TC. Even at high wattage settings little or no initial overshoot. Very rapid and linear stabilization. Per the graphs I’ve seen very little noise even at high voltage settings. (I am so temped to buy a scope. Companies have always supplied them so I’m without). Voltage comparater circuits must be excellent as internal and external resistance is very accurate. I love the way Yihi anticipates reaching the temperature setting and develops a compression curve entering it’s linear phase. Anyway, I don’t want to hijack the thread, just sharing with someone who I think will understand.

2 Likes

That’s not a hijack. Very cool!

1 Like

I absolutely love TC. I can adjust the wattage to get the a responsive draw time I like. I can adjust the temperature to get a very pleasant experience in terms of flavor and heat. I can then control the vapor production entirely by length of draw and draw intensity. You can get a lot of vapor with tc and do it comfortably.

Good. I think you will open up new dimensions with TC particularly with recipes. For example:I have a mix that uses 2% FA cocoa and it will scorch easily and turn from delicious to plain nasty in a heartbeat. TC allows me enjoy this mix when ordinarily it would be near impossible sub ohm. There is nothing wrong with starting low and finding what works for both yourself and the particular mix you are vaping. For this mix I am at 30 watts and 360 F and enjoy it very much. With others, way higher. Glad to see that this thread has turned back into “help Maureeenie get started with her new mod and TC.” Walt and Louie have absolutely steered you in the right direction.

1 Like

The possibilities are endless, I agree. Now is that a good thing or just another road of madness in the worship of these shiny steamy things?

Ha!

2 Likes

May be. I prefer to consider this as just another form of adult tinker-toy. The “road to madness” is in front of my mailbox.

3 Likes

I have an Archon… hmmm…I’m gonna go check something.

Wow… that’s a great explanation!

Seriously you guys are all awesome. These coils must just be crappy for TC which is terrible news because the tank is just so so cool looking!

Yeah, my mail lady asks too many questions about my deliveries as well.

For a while I thought she was … ahhh never mind. lol

2 Likes

Of course, the Archon is blasting a perfect TC cloud at 500 F.

You gotta love Aspire. I put the tank on, pushed the TC button, it asks me if it’s a new coil, I say yes, it locks it in at .51 Ohms. No crap, you just turn up the temp and it just works.

Releaux apparently expects people to have a masters degree in not only programming VCR’s but electrical engineering.

You know this honestly kind of ticks me off… why does this have to be so hard?

I’m glad to hear that. Aspire seems to be doing things right lately. I had an Archon and loved the performance but I just couldn’t get over the yellow/orange trim. I can’t stand that color and found myself shelving it more and more so I vaped it forward. If they released a new version with black or white trim I would grab one for sure.

1 Like

The blue one is pretty cool?

1 Like

Oh boy, I’m watching over my back as I type this. It seems to me Wismec had one mod with a DNA board in it once? Outside of that I have not seen a wismec I would purchase. Before anyone get’s the fuse on their tampon lite up, let me also qualify that by saying I’m comparing them to DNA and Yihi. I’ve only tried a couple of wizbangs and that was enough. I think it’s not only the simplification of the process you are noting but the quality of the chip/algorithm/operating system in general. Most of the folks who vape wizbang do not attempt TC.

Bummer. It didn’t cost that much, I can still run it in wattage mode, which it does very well with my Big Baby Beasts at about 37 watts. It’s really reliable for that, it’s just not handling the TC very well at all.

Hey think of it this way. You’ve already conquered the worst. And yes, I hear they are very reliable in power mode. And most people vape in power mode. They offer a reliable VW mod at a very reasonable price. I have to say with the exception of the Predator. I donated one to the building of our newest ski slope and the other is used for dry burning coils. That model won’t even fire consistently or continuously in power mode.

Well… now I will try the 213. Ha! here we go again.