Single flavor vaping

@MaxUT…I mix 40/60 PG/VG and started out with a 2% flavor…for MTL…There are others who use this in the neighborhood of 1% or less, but we also share differences in equipment and vaping style, so I cannot speak to their experience…but for me, the 2% was delightful…Also may depend on her devices…My Goblin Mini, I build a 2.4mm Kanthal 8 wrap coil (touching) tight wound and wick it with Cotton Bacon version 2…I vape at anywhere between 12 and 18 watts and get a variety of sensations…So what kind of equipment is she vaping on?..Your typical PG/VG ratios?..In my experience, these MUST steep a minimum of 3 weeks…NO HEAT

It’s all good, man, and you are correct, does require higher %s, but some surprisingly clean taste, and pretty straight forward…I want to make a multi-fruit slush vape which I believe these will lend themselves to very nicely…

1 Like

FA, she’s vaping a Nautilus Mini with 1.8 ohm coil on an iStick TC40 box, at about 15 watts. She typically uses 50/50 blends. Also, she only just recently quit cigarettes.

1 Like

@Flavor_Alchemist and @Pro_Vapes have you guys tried @Walt_RealFlavors watermelon at all?

If it were me…and from what I know about this MF Watermelon…based on your reply here…and given her specs, I would not hesitate to mix one at 2.5% 50/50 and one at 3% 40/60 PG/VG…I think a little more VG would enhance the “airy” nature of the vape…More PG tends to put the flavor into what I call a “focused” more “singularly dimensional” state…VG tends to help “blossom” flavor, at the cost of flavor intensity…and throat hit…especially in low power, small coil/wick surface area scenarios…Not sure what she smoked cigarette wise…Some of my friends say I am crazy with those %s…but right now, she is looking for flavor…and throat hit, I would guess…If the flavor is too intense…you can always drop some measured VG or PG/VG into the mix to dilute its’ intensity…I also vape at lower wattage than many here on the forum do, so they are able to achieve their desired flavor levels with lower flavor %s…I do not sub-ohm or drip at higher power levels, and being a recovering pot head/alcoholic…I steer clear of direct to lung hits (done punched my ticket on the bong)…plus I prefer the MTL hit, at this time, and it is also closer to the style of cigarette smoking…So… I am a flavor chaser, and what I have found early on, about vaping is this…Good flavor is what kept me vaping …and OFF the cigarettes…Many get discouraged with less than adequate flavor, then wind up back on the smokes…I originally started mixing 70/30 PG/VG…and have evolved a little along the way…Steep these MF finished juices for minimum of 3 weeks…NO HEAT…and I store those MF AKA Lotus (at ECigExpress) flavor concentrates in the refrigerator…And remember this…when you put your numbers into your mixing program MF flavors are NOT PG or VG based…

1 Like

Here is a review I did a few months ago on some Killer Flavors which ARE Real Flavors Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

1 Like

How many coils you people go threw? It just sucks swapping flavores from coil to coil. Even though I buy my coils threw Ebay they still costly. I have 3 smok tfv4 tanks and 2 kangertech tanks which I vape at .2 ohm. I find myself holding back on making flavores because there is only so much I can vape

1 Like

I use a fused clapton SS coil with no wicking for testing single flavors.No break in time to get rid of the cotton taste.After the flavor test simply dry burn your coil , wash with water , fire until dry and go to the next flavor.
Of course I use a rda , not sure of a good way to use a tank.

2 Likes

@Flavor_Alchemist $22 for a 15ml is a little to high for me to take that plunge on the MF Watermelon but I will probably give in eventually lol.

1 Like

@Code-Vape…I hear that and understand…First, let me direct you to ECigExpress…They sell 5 ml bottles of the MF flavor that is labelled as Lotus Flavor for $9.99 ea. …sometimes on sale for $7.99…so you can at least get into the experience of the flavor for fairly cheap albeit only 5 ml…However…if you do the math given the lower percentages of flavoring used for an outstanding experience, you will find that you can make just as much MF juice, if not more, as you can with flavors that come from the other flavor companies…The value is absolutely worth the cost (for me) and Lotus Flavors at ECigExpress allow you to experience it at less than the $22.00 bottles sold at Medicine Flower or elsewhere…You know you want to… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to @CallMeTut for starting this thread. As a newb this has been super informative …downright exciting. I blame Wayne @Wayne_Walker [ENYAWREKLAW] for convincing me how much money I was gonna save DIY [multiple wink emojis] Ahh it’s still true, once you start sub ohming and dripping and using a dual-coil RTA …I dunno, the stuff is maybe just evaporating …ok ok it’s going through my lungs first, but [deep breath] Now I have to add MF to my ever growing list (+Inawera SHISHAs!) Thanks [sarcasm font] WAYNE! Admin? Is there a discount code at ECX for ELR peeps?

[no reallly {{{Wayne}}}]

1 Like

The Resource page states:

EcigExpress has a HUGE stock many flavor brands! For 10% off most items, use code: ELRECIPES

3 Likes

These are just for testing juices Hey! thanks TiaVapes I had never heard of these (nor tried). Just put a couple drops in there and they’re disposable. A Tobeco clone Velocity Mini (RDA/Dripper) is super cheap. Some wicking material (cotton?) and Kanthl coils are cheap/easy to build (well relatively) and are also available pre-made. Just Google Prebuilt Kanthal Coils. Make sure your battery/mod supports ohm rating of coils you buy ~$20 for all

Ye’ ol 510 cartomizer… I remember them well

1 Like

OK I bit the bullet and ordered the Watermelon from ECX.

2 Likes

I have a few single flavors I like and usually have at least one of these on hand at all times.

MF - Watermelon
MF - Cantaloupe
MF - Honeydew
MF - Butterscotch
MF - Red Apple
FA - Oba Oba
FA - Hypnotic Myst
FW - Reindeer Poop (not had this in a while, but it’s lovely)

I’m sure there are others I would like, but I also love the creative process so mixing recipes is my thang.

Not sure what your equipment is…but you are gonna love this stuff mixed and steeped correctly…I am happy for you…It is a very special vape…Got 18ml of the MF Watermelon and Honeydew steeping now…2 more weeks… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh how I hate steeping! (Very inpatient)
I’m running a Sigelei 150TC with a Herakles tank and love the flavor out of it and I also have a Sapor RDA which I use for testing my mixes.

Is it clear or colored?

Get you a few SNV (Shake N Vape) recipes you like to get you through steeping. The time spent is well worth it. There are some really good recipes in this thread to get you started.

2 Likes