Single flavor vaping

Not even listed yet. I just started hanging here the other day and haven’t put any of them up yet. I will in the near future.

1 Like

Tobacco freak here. [waves]

I also keep a stock of single flavor tobaccos in 30ml bottles and mix them in the tank as the mood strikes. But unlike you, I don’t keep enough notes to capture a particularly good combination when it occurs, like it did last week. Might’ve been Gold Ducat and Am4a?

For me, nothing works for an ADV like a good tobacco flavor. It’s naturally complex and satisfying, and essential to someone who enjoyed a wide variety of real tobaccos over decades-- the real ‘mother’s milk’ of vaping.

5 Likes

'Tis true! :grinning:

Seems like the tobacco folks here have a great appreciation of single flavor mixes, due to the complex nature of many tobacco concentrates. :thinking:

Once I run an initial test batch and find my sweet spot for the proper percentage, I too, typically mix a 15 to 30 ml batch of a single flavor tobacco for use at a later time. Sometimes it’s just that single unadulterated tobacco in a tank or dripper; other times it’s a combo with other tobaccos or flavors. :grinning:

5 Likes

I think we’re cut from the same chunk of wood, Max…lol. What notes I do keep, are pretty skimpy, and occasional.

My favorite flavors are Alittleofdis, and Alittleofdat.

Even though it’s technically a single flavor, a good tobacco flavor has a number of things going on. Some up front, and some in the background. Like Jim said, once you find a sweet spot for a good, single flavor tobacco, the options really open up.

I guess one of the things that surprises me the most, is even with my haphazard mixing style, I very rarely get a mix that isn’t good enough to keep in my tank all day. When I started DIY, I expected my failure rate to be much higher.

3 Likes

I love to vape stand alone Juices…That’s what I have been doing since Sept 2015…It is also teaching me the ins and outs of how they taste, so as to give me insight into how they will blend in recipes later down the line, which I am just now venturing into…along with a few multiflavor recipes I got from here…and a couple of my own concoctions I am tweaking…

Some of my StandAlone flavors include, but not limited to are FA Forest Fruit,… Inawera Strawberry Shisha…Flavorah Wild Melon, Grape, Thai Chai, Boysenberry, Watermelon…Flavor Concentrates brand, Blueberry, Orange, Rootbeer, and more…Capella Sweet Tangerine, Cucumber, Vanilla Custard,MF Watermelon (THE absolute best StandAlone Vape I have ever had), Honeydew…The list goes on…I mix them at Higher flavor %s for MTL hitting and really enjoy bold flavor…StandAlones are great “go to” vapes while waiting for other juice recipes to steep… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I ordered a bunch of these a while back, but I only tested a few. Do you have any notes from your tests?

1 Like

I’m ordering this flavor for my daughter, the Watermelon Freak. :slight_smile:
Would you suggest a percentage for a near-bold mix, please?

What is the Brand Name of the Watermelon and could you describe what it tastes like?

Here’s a few reviews from the Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

2 Likes

I mixed them all at starting percentages of 20%…The Blueberry was particularly good, actually…These flavors do not have high floral (volatiles)…I mix at 40/60 PG/VG and steep these 10 days…For being a rather obscure Flavor distributor, these flavors do have a nice “after mixing” shelf life, meaning they do not change significantly after aging for some time…The Lemon is kinda nice in that it has a tartness, but not an extreme “throat cutting” effect, which is typical of many citrus flavors…Rootbeer is fun, but 20% is a bit much…however it does taste like rootbeer pop…of course not bubbly…but I am gonna play with some champagne with that one…Cherry is a blender, but not cough syrupy…works nice with the pineapple…which again, doesn’t have that volatile “bite” to it…Actually I was pleasantly surprised with these flavors…and the thing that is really cool is that they do not go “out of whack” and become nasty at too high of a concentration…the flavor just becomes more intense, but doesn’t get “chemical”…Then it just becomes a matter of figuring out flavor %s through testing…and remember I tend to mix at higher flavor %s for MTL…and mix for Clearomizer vaping, as well…Goblin Mini…Kayfun Mini V3 Bootleg…But things may change a bit after I put my Authentic Boreas and Bootleg Aromamizer RDTA mini into the mix…when they arrive…I got the 16 pack and still have a lot of playing around to do with these, and I would love to keep you posted, if you want…and would love to hear your assessments too… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like @Pro_Vapes posted my taste note on the Medicine Flower Watermelon…Actually HE is who I blame for getting involved with MF flavors AKA Lotus Flavors at ECigExpress…from his taste review on that site…Actually it was on a Lark that I checked these flavors out…But Oh My Gawd…UnfuckingBelievable natural, authentic, bold Watermelon…down to the rind…Inhale and exhale experience with this (rind and red of watermelon) is like biting into a watermelon…full bore…and you know how it melts in your mouth and then the flavor kinda fades away as the melon melts in your mouth…The vape is damn near like that…A most visceral experience… In my MTL style, the rind hits first, then on a good inhale the sweet melon shows up, blossoming into a wonderful exhale of sweet…As my tank (Goblin Mini) warms up during a session, the sweetness starts to become more pronounced and the rind, though still there, begins to fade into the sunset…" Billy, don’t splash your sister in the pool"…This is a 4th of July experience…Suprisingly…I initially vaped this in an Aspire Clearomizer and it was good…so decided to fill the Goblin Mini…I can’t say enough about this Watermelon…Just mixed some up tonite… I hope that helps :slight_smile: Edit:…One of the most amazing things about this MF flavor is that its’ essence lingers in your nose, throat, and you can smell it for about an hour or so AFTER your vaping session…That’s pretty special… MUST steep minimum 3 weeks…NO HEAT…in my experience…

3 Likes

Thanks for the notes. I got these back in January and I’ve only tested the 3 large bottles that was sent to me. I haven’t tested any from the 16 pack.The flavors I tested were very good, but a little weak (percentage wise). I’ll dig into them and make some notes also. Thanks again.

3 Likes

@MaxUT…I mix 40/60 PG/VG and started out with a 2% flavor…for MTL…There are others who use this in the neighborhood of 1% or less, but we also share differences in equipment and vaping style, so I cannot speak to their experience…but for me, the 2% was delightful…Also may depend on her devices…My Goblin Mini, I build a 2.4mm Kanthal 8 wrap coil (touching) tight wound and wick it with Cotton Bacon version 2…I vape at anywhere between 12 and 18 watts and get a variety of sensations…So what kind of equipment is she vaping on?..Your typical PG/VG ratios?..In my experience, these MUST steep a minimum of 3 weeks…NO HEAT

It’s all good, man, and you are correct, does require higher %s, but some surprisingly clean taste, and pretty straight forward…I want to make a multi-fruit slush vape which I believe these will lend themselves to very nicely…

1 Like

FA, she’s vaping a Nautilus Mini with 1.8 ohm coil on an iStick TC40 box, at about 15 watts. She typically uses 50/50 blends. Also, she only just recently quit cigarettes.

1 Like

@Flavor_Alchemist and @Pro_Vapes have you guys tried @Walt_RealFlavors watermelon at all?

If it were me…and from what I know about this MF Watermelon…based on your reply here…and given her specs, I would not hesitate to mix one at 2.5% 50/50 and one at 3% 40/60 PG/VG…I think a little more VG would enhance the “airy” nature of the vape…More PG tends to put the flavor into what I call a “focused” more “singularly dimensional” state…VG tends to help “blossom” flavor, at the cost of flavor intensity…and throat hit…especially in low power, small coil/wick surface area scenarios…Not sure what she smoked cigarette wise…Some of my friends say I am crazy with those %s…but right now, she is looking for flavor…and throat hit, I would guess…If the flavor is too intense…you can always drop some measured VG or PG/VG into the mix to dilute its’ intensity…I also vape at lower wattage than many here on the forum do, so they are able to achieve their desired flavor levels with lower flavor %s…I do not sub-ohm or drip at higher power levels, and being a recovering pot head/alcoholic…I steer clear of direct to lung hits (done punched my ticket on the bong)…plus I prefer the MTL hit, at this time, and it is also closer to the style of cigarette smoking…So… I am a flavor chaser, and what I have found early on, about vaping is this…Good flavor is what kept me vaping …and OFF the cigarettes…Many get discouraged with less than adequate flavor, then wind up back on the smokes…I originally started mixing 70/30 PG/VG…and have evolved a little along the way…Steep these MF finished juices for minimum of 3 weeks…NO HEAT…and I store those MF AKA Lotus (at ECigExpress) flavor concentrates in the refrigerator…And remember this…when you put your numbers into your mixing program MF flavors are NOT PG or VG based…

1 Like

Here is a review I did a few months ago on some Killer Flavors which ARE Real Flavors Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

1 Like

How many coils you people go threw? It just sucks swapping flavores from coil to coil. Even though I buy my coils threw Ebay they still costly. I have 3 smok tfv4 tanks and 2 kangertech tanks which I vape at .2 ohm. I find myself holding back on making flavores because there is only so much I can vape

1 Like

I use a fused clapton SS coil with no wicking for testing single flavors.No break in time to get rid of the cotton taste.After the flavor test simply dry burn your coil , wash with water , fire until dry and go to the next flavor.
Of course I use a rda , not sure of a good way to use a tank.

2 Likes