Single fruit flavor recipes

I see what you mean, I’ve been being misled this entire time

So what you’re saying is that TFA never actually calls any of their flavors “signature” correct?

It’s looking that way, I’m researching it now

2 Likes

That’s what I was trying to point out (or else learn something new in the process)!

I’ve never seen the word Signature (as any kind of branding) anywhere on TFA’s site that I can recall.

1 Like

I think “misled” may be a tad harsh, but I can easily understand how is it’s definitely “confusing”, and arbitrarily complicating things for those new to mixing. =(

Very sorry for adding to that muh’lady!
/tips hat

Right, maybe not so much misleading as it is just confusing. I don’t really understand the point of rebranding these flavors (they do the same thing to real flavors and medicine flower), seems like it just leads to confusion.

1 Like

It’s all good, interesting conversation at least! :wink:

1 Like

this is what I learned from ECX:

The “Signature” line of products that we carry are in fact “TFA” products. In addition the “DX-Signature” line that we carry is the “diketone” free line of flavors that TFA carries. They are in fact as you say TFA flavors and the “DX” ones are the diketone free ones that TFA produces. I hope this helps clarify.

2 Likes

Here is what Bill from TFA told me:

Hello!
We use “DX” to mark flavors that have been reformulated to avoid the use of Acetoin / Acetyl Propionyl.
I’m not sure what “signature” means, that’s not a label we use on our products. You may want to clarify this with your vendor.
Best,
Bill

2 Likes

Ok. At least that’s confirmation! =)
Nothing more than creative marketing at it’s finest (sadly).

As far as TFA goes, it’s all one “line” (TFA branded products). ECX is trying to make it “easy to find” the DX versions, but is compounding the situation by suggesting they are actually separate lines.
/smh
What a cluster&#%@

1 Like

And that’s common knowledge.
Same thing as “v2” is to Capella.

If diketone free is important to you, then in the simplest terms (when talking about Capella or TFA), you need to be looking for v2 and DX respectively.

Short and sweet. Ignore all the unnecessary rebranding BS. :wink:

1 Like

One last thing before I get back on topic:
The Perfume Apprentice (TPA) created The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) in order to create a clear separation between the food safe flavoring and the perfuming products. All of their goods are organized by the same staff members, and you may order any combination of flavors and perfume items.
So you have to exercise caution to be sure you don’t purchase perfume fragrances when your searching for flavors.

1 Like

seriously??..is that true??
ALL mine are TPA…:neutral_face:

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/t-about.aspx

ELR renames them to the parent company TPA

No I mean every single bottle I have from Vapable has the PA logo on it…every single one…
Are they wrong??

Fragrance oils are definitely not food safe flavors and shouldn’t be used for food or vaping. But dont panic, what flavors do you have? where did you buy them? are they labeled as fragrances?
can you upload a pic of one of the bottles?

They too are just labeling them as TPA but they are actually TFA flavors, safe for vaping

From their web site:
“The Perfumer’s Apprentice and The Flavour Apprentice are the same company and the products are the same. We only use the Perfumer’s Apprentice name because it is more widely recognised.”

2 Likes

ah…that’s ok then haha …phew…

What can I say, I love Grape.
The bottle on the left is $4.88 for 15ml (PLUS SHIPPING), but you get 15% off with code SUMMERSAVINGS… http://www.vapealotshop.com/Grape-E-Juice-_p_39.html

Or DIY Sweet Grape Juice on the right 15ml for just 91¢
almost single flavor…

Cosmic Sweet Grape Juice ©

Ingredient %
Grape Juice (TPA) 13
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.33

Flavor total: 13.33%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

This is soooooo good,

1 Like
1 Like