Small Tester Bottles - Need Help

Hello, I’m fairly new to the DIY vaping world, and I’m running into a small problem I’m hoping i can get some help on. Like I said, I’m fairly new to this and i haven’t had a chance to really narrow down all my needed supplies. The topic of today is bottles for my e-liquid. I’m making small batches to test flavors, new recipes, etc. I bought a batch of 10mL bottles and they were TERRIBLE. i have to squeeze them to death just to get a drop or two to come out. thankfully the tips don’t pop off, which is a blessing, but I’d like to have a good bottle, preferably in varying sizes (5, 10, 15, 30, 60, etc.) that i can use as my go-to mixing bottles. i tend towards higher VG mixes, never lower than 70/30 which is part of my problem, but i can find 30 ML bottles that fit the bill perfectly, so i know what i need has to be out there. i’d like them cheap and plastic also, since these are to be tester bottles which may contain horrid flavors lol. PLEASE HELP!!

3 Likes

Some good info in an active thread

3 Likes

Hi Kite and welcome to the forum, where are you based?

1 Like

Welcome, @kite813 !
I know it costs just a bit more the first time around, but I definitely recommend glass bottles. I’ve been slowly switching over to all glass and it’s so much easier to wash them out and reuse than plastic. I buy mine mostly through amazon. Here are a few that I’ve bought that I really like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00STLP7AU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can get smaller 15ml glass dropper bottles too, but 30ml is a nice size for testing and you can always make a smaller batch in a 30ml bottle.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Has anyone ever had an issue with the droppers on glass bottles retaining a bit of an odor from their previous e-juice? I’ve tried soaking the whole dropper in hot water but not sure how to get it 100% clean

2 Likes

@ozo have you been able to get your juice to flow well from these bottles? the droppers are very similar to the ones i’m using and i’m hesitant to buy 50 more that give me the same problem

@VapeyMama I’ve thought about doing 15mL bottles in glass, but i wanna be sure i can clean the caps completely lol

@Pugs1970 Hey pugs I’m in the US. Indiana to be more specific, and with all the BS going on with the vaping industry here it’s been more important than ever to get my DIY fully up and running lol. can’t even get any e-juice products shipped to me… luckily i have a brother in Illinois, and he’s nice enough to let me ship stuff to him :smiley:

3 Likes

Ahh ok, im UK and have a good supplier here but prob not worth the shipping just for bottle 🖒

2 Likes

After boiling my glass bottles I always put the droppers in the water for a little while and swirl the caps around a few times too. Odor has never been a problem when done that way.

3 Likes

@kite813 sounds like you got some small PET (hard/clear) plastic bottles, and they are a PITA, especially the smaller ones, like squeezing on a rock. The thread that @woftam mentioned we just posted really good info in.

1 Like

I got a box of 100, 10ml, droplet bottles through Heartland Vapes. I doubt if I will ever use them all. I wash and reuse them.

2 Likes

@kite813
I don’t have any problem with them. I only use them for testing new flavors. They work fine.

For dispensing my juice into atty’s, I use writer bottles.

https://smile.amazon.com/Empty-Squeeze-Writer-Bottles-Ounces/dp/B0058JILJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492268437&sr=8-1&keywords=plastic+writer+bottles

The only PET bottles that seem to give me attitude are the 10ml ones. I’ve had some where I could barely get any drops out of it, yet had others where it was easy to dispense. Varying thicknesses maybe ??

Thank you for all the helpful replies everyone. I’ve decided to go with glass 15 mL bottles. Since my test batches are usually 5 mL, this should leave me with enough in the bottle to observe the color as they steep as well as leaving me enough room in the bottle to mix well. (i just shake, nothing fancy lol) plus the reusability is a huge plus for me as well. i’m gonna try some of the cleaning tips mentioned by @anon60225325 again, thank you very much!!

1 Like