Smear-proof Labels?

Yes it does take some time a little effort to make the labels but, they will always be saved on your PC for future use.
Just slowly work on them in your spare time.

4 Likes

I am using an old Canon laser printer and sticker sheet with 60 38mmx22mm stickers on each sheet which works perfectly fine. It at least works a lot better than stickers and my hand writing which i have difficulties reading myself :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey, if it works and your’e happy with the end product SUPER!!
I was just showing an example of labels people can make at a very reasonable price, granted they do take some effort to create.

3 Likes

I am at least more happy than with my handwriting :smiley:

I havent cared to make anything fancy of it yet, i just print simple text on it. Could however easily add some graphics or whatever to make it look better, but didnt really find the need or time for it yet. When i mix for bigger steeper bottles such as bellow, i just print 4 stickers right away, because i will later add to 100ml usage bottles then i have the stickers ready.

These sticker sheets in A4 format is quite cheap here and you can get ton of different sticker formats. Easy solution for something simple and for those who already have a laser printer. The brands i have been using this far have document templates available on their website, so not much work need to be done.

3 Likes

You are 100% correct lummy!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with those labels, (clear, bod or exp date, PG/VG ratio and Nic content). Pretty much self explanatory.

I went a little further with the labels just for my friends and coworkers i give juice to. (keeps them coming back for more).
:wink:

3 Likes

Hehe, little further is an underestimate, you made some very cool and funny labels with a nice basic structure. If i was gonna start making juice for others than myself and wife, i would consider making some more interesting labels, even though graphics have never been my strong suit. I could probably get some help from some of the more experienced graphic designers that i know or some on Discord.

3 Likes

They were never my strong suit either and on top of it I’m severely color blind (Red-Green).
I took me a very long time (about 1 year) to come up with these labels so, if you ever do decide to start making juice for other people give Avery Design and Print a try. It’s very easy to use.
Cheers!

5 Likes

I did the exact same thing and now u the wider packaging tape. The label is just a piece of paper and that way i have no issues with the glue sticking.

3 Likes

Wow!! Those labels are reallynice!!!

3 Likes

Thank you Jazzy_girl

2 Likes

I use a Dymo mailing label printer and it’s crazy easy, but the sticking remnants of glue drive me to distraction when it’s bottle cleaning time and the labels smudge if wet. They survive if wiped off immediately, still aPITA … except for that crazy easy part which drives my decision to continue using.

There is a label making thread with links to waterproof labels for inkjets, but I like this new spray fixative idea… Maybe the best idea is the shrink tubes? Can they be reused?

3 Likes

That’s not the label on the label maker I was referring to. Please don’t make me go postal on your ass.

2 Likes

I find that wiping with white vinegar works nicely on most glues , And when that fails, I try white spirit.

Oh! and thanks, guys , for the copious stream of ideas! (It;'s all making my head spin now :crazy_face:)

3 Likes

Not sure if you can get this stuff where you are but “Goo-be-Gone” works great for removing residue from stickers and labels.
I believe Walmart has it.
Good luck! :grinning:

3 Likes

Rubbing alchool works fine.

3 Likes

I don’t have many bottles I have to remove glue from anymore, but I always used a drop of frying oil from the kitchen (any oil will work) and a piece of paper towel.

5 Likes

OK …ok I have a confession. I was thinking about posting a pic, but decided No. I call it the “Bugger”. After years of peeling pesty glue I started accumulating an ever growing ball of residual glue. It’s grown kind of large, but works great to remove pesky residual glue …from anything …juice labels, price stickers. You just press it on and pull it off …and then it’s a tiny bit bigger. [cough] I hide it from the Ms, stuck behind a decorative cutting board in the kitchen. Sounds horrid but as it grew, so did it’s powers. Pretty sure there’s a screenplay eventually …after I mysteriously turn up missing. Title? The “BuggerMan” duh? Tagline? “Don’t Go Behind the Cutting Board!”

5 Likes

I had some time to find that old post, not sure if the links are still good …idea same. Also good thread for anyone reading this re: pre-made label sizes (what fits on what bottles)

the struggle is real!

6 Likes

sounds like play duh

3 Likes

You put it out there, show us a pic of what’s behind the decorative cutting board

5 Likes