Smok TFV4 - My Thoughts and Questions

My black TFV4 arrived in the mail today. Running the Quad coil at 100 watts is simply amazing. I thought my Kanger kicked ass. Then I thought my Goliath kicked ass. Then I thought my Crown kicked ass (aside from leaking half a tank every time I fill it). They have nothing on the TFV4. I just wanted to say, anyone in the fence about getting this beast of a tank have no fear. It is well worth the price. That is unless you are waiting for the Aromamizer. I am hoping to get that this week :wink:

You guys that have one, are you running the quad coil, tripple coil, or RDA? Any recommendation on wire, coil specs, etc for the RDA? I build various Claptons for my tanks so if you have build pics to share please do.

Thanks!

1 Like

Coil Building show offs! - #549 by Jondamon
Check out this topic for builds :grinning:

1 Like

rba single 24g spaced 7wrap To wire and won’t change until I get my dual rba head… Ti is something I won’t stray from loads of kanthal will rust before I look at it again lol

1 Like

I haven’t ever popped the quad coil in mine. I look at stock coils (especially for something like the TFV4) as a rental payment on a tank I bought.

@Pro_Vapes posted The Holy Grail of builds for this tank. If you have the TF-R2 dual coil RBA and a good temp control mod, this is by orders of magnitude better than anything I’ve tried so far.

2 Likes

That’s what I was just thinking about the quad coil. I have some pretty decent clapton builds in my drippers and tanks. But when I hit the quad coil at 100w it was pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing the link. I did a quick look through the forum and didn’t see that thread.

1 Like

My pleasure. That daggum Pro_Vapes is otherworldly when it comes to making the most out of what you got. You think he’s an alien? :slight_smile: But seriously, if anyone tells of a Ti build they say is better I’ll probably try it, but as for my money I’m putting it on this one.

I spent most of the day taking drags off my Subtank Mini. About 20 minutes ago I took my first hit of the day off the TFV4 with dual 22ga Titanium. Holy shit, it makes what I’ve been doing all day seem like being asleep.

3 Likes

If you’re out and about and cannot build, the TF-Ti stock coils (dual coil titanium) works very well also, and has excellent flavor! I agree with everyone, TF-R2 with Ti is the best :smiley:

1 Like

I love my TFV4. I have not tried the quad coil and the triple coil I loved but I didn’t love the fact of how hot my tank would get with it. I used the rba section until I got the tf-r2 and now I keep a .25 ohm SS build in it, which may not be as good as Ti (I haven’t taken that step yet, but I will next month when I get my new budget for vape gear!) but the SS build is really good too!

2 Likes

I don’t have a temperature controlled mod yet. I am looking at an IPV4. I have some reservations about using nickel and titanium wire though. I’m still on the fence about that one. But I at least want to try them.

2 Likes

I have my very first TC mod on the way! I am getting the Koopor Plus 200w…I just hope it isn’t a POS!

2 Likes

Started with prebuilt triple coil and pulled it last night as I got my titanium prebuilt coils in yesterdays vapemail. These Titanium prebuilt coils rock. Also bought dual rba deck and will be trying it next with some sweet spot vapors Ti X wires (.6 mm) in 4/5 wrap. Have yet to try prebuilt quad coil or single rba deck kit came with.

3 Likes

Try starting with SS-wire - it’s a step up towards titanium, and it’s good in non-TC mods as well :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. Ok… dual rba deck for TFV4… what to get and where to get?

1 Like

Uh, dunno - I shop around Europe :slight_smile: I bought mine at pink-mule.com - and I have two coming from fasttech :slight_smile: They ship in 5 business days :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They have a deal now for $6.16, that is way cheaper than Fasttech.
They had a discount for smoke products SMOK10OFF but I don’t know if that works together with the discount they have now.

1 Like

whats the usual shipping times for sourcemore?

1 Like

I guess it depend on where you are but this is what they say;
SourceMore offers Free Shipping Worldwide.

Is shipping really free?
All packages get free worldwide shipping. Orders over USD18 will get free tracking number.
If the order value is less than USD18, customers may need to pay USD2 extra for tracking number.

What are the shipping methods?
Currently SourceMore offers free shipping by Singapore Post, Netherland Post, Sweden Post, ePacket Post (only available for the USA and Russian).

Express Shipping(DHL, EMS, etc) requires extra shipping fee.

Which country does SourceMore Ship to?
We offer international free shipping for almost all countries in this world except a few remote areas. Customers may check if their countries are available during their checkout process. These coverage areas vary with our logistics real-time notice.

How many days may I receive my package?
Step 1 Confirm the payment 24 business hours
Step 2 Process order 48 business hours
Step 3 Shipping time (Estimated data from logistics record)
Orders without tracking No. 18-30 business days
Singapore/Sweden/Netherland registered airmail 8-25 business days
The USA/Russian ePacket 7-12 business days
EMS/DHL Express Shipping 3-7 business days
All orders with tracking number can be traced on 17track.net
They did send my order out pretty quickly, especially compared to Fasttech, but then everything is rather fast compared to Fasttech :grinning:

1 Like

coupon code smok10off works great. order on its way :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I just bought 2 for $11.06. How the hell can they even get those to my door for that price? :smiley:

5 Likes

Usually very slowly :grinning:

1 Like