Smok TFV4, one tank to rule them all

I appreciate that very much :slight_smile: I wouldn’t want to bother you with ordering, receiving, repacking and sending one tiny thing - I’m hoping I can track down one in Europe before too long :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you have link?

http://www.vaportronics.net/smok-tf-r2-rba-kit/

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-arxsrf/yeel1/product_images/newsletter_8_8_15_1439091785__74838.png

Where I got mine is out of stock. I found this one in Texas.

2 Likes

Sonofabitch! Hey @SirRisc, just today I wrote a lengthy summary of my journey in vaping all all the money I’ve spent over the years on various vape gear. Oh my I suppose I’m a sucker for “the next big thing” but honestly, you can’t hype something like this and not expect weak-kneed people like me to buy it. So I have on on the way. I hear the replacement coils are expensive but I’m wondering…would a person expect to get as much satisfaction from the rebuildable deck as the stock coils? I’m sure it’s an apples-to-oranges comparison but with my Subtank and Delta II, the rebuild deck is just a good. Any thoughts on this or other things a newbie to this tank could benefit from?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I’m sorry for ruining the illusion here, but whoever told you vaping was cheaper than smoking was lying! I found this out the hard way too :wink:

To be fair the RBA deck included in the kit is very similar to the Subtanks RBA deck, it’s just a whole lot bigger.
I get the same satisfaction from the RBA as with the stock coils, maybe even a little more since I love fiddling with wire.
The vape is slightly different though, but it’s a good vape none the less.
In terms of tips: use either Japanese Cotton, or Rayon for wicking, it works better than regular organic cotton in my opinion.

1 Like

Order the small kit and the TF-R2 dual coil rba deck. Build it with Ti and you will think you have a dripper.

Looks like the sextuple coil heads are going to be expensive. What would be the advantage of using 6 coils? Would less load be on each coil allowing them to last longer or something?

The advantage is: OMG MOAR COILS! :smiley: FT will sell a 5 pack for ~$21 - they’re still on pre-order though…

1 Like

The disadvantage: OMG WHERE DID MY JUICE GO?!

2 Likes

Can’t imagine buying premade juice and having a guzzler of a tank. People must spend ridiculous amounts of money on it.

2 Likes

I started yesterday in the early am about 24 hrs… almost 4 tanks later haha it’s a thirsty one…

2 Likes

@SirRisc thank you for the input sir. I almost didn’t buy this thing because I’ve been so happy with my Deltas. But like you I do enjoy fiddling with things and who doesn’t love a new trinket?

@Pro_Vapes I don’t know what type deck it comes with really, but I can certainly look for that dual coild one. I keep seeing TI referenced but have to admit not knowing what that is. Is that Titanium? Also is a DNA device needed when using TI? I don’t know if you saw a comment I made about some Nicrhome coils I picked up for the Delta, but they are worthless on my standard regulated mods.

2 Likes

if you buy the full kit you get a triple coil/a quad /and a single rba

You should visit the forum more often. Ti/Titanium is the future of vaping. It’s like crack… one hit and you’re hooked.

1 Like

… or if you get it free.

1 Like

if you’re a lucky bastard like me haha…:astonished:

1 Like

I am gonna toss a couple 60 MLS his way of course I can’t just take… not my way of doin things…

2 Likes

I’m having trouble with the O rings like some people have reported. I’ve had the tank for 5 hours and one of the O rings for the drip tip is starting to come undone. Good thing there are 3 of them on the drip tip. Too bad the full kit doesn’t come with spares.

This tank is fucking beast. Get this tank and ask for some more O rings.

1 Like

You can get the single tank here for only $22.55 or the full kit for $30.55. You can also get the dual coil rebuildable head at the same place for only $5.81. I ordered the single tank and the rebuildable and it shipped to the US in about 7 days.

2 Likes

@Pro_Vapes I visited my favorite local B&M yesterday determined to get a TC device. I purchased the IPV4. Got home and popped the Ni cored into my Delta II. Set it up. Pushed the button…oh I’m tingling!!! Bam, it said “short”

I tried another coil and it did the same. So returned to the vape shop only to find out that with the IPV4, the problem is the Delta tank. All others work on it and the Delta worked on others. So, I could either keep the IPV4 and get another brand of tank, or exchange for a differrent mod. I chose to exchange but the only other mod they had which was set up for Ti wire was the Joyetech eVic VT. So I got that insted. The store didn’t have any Ti wire so I had to settle for only Ni for now. I’m not really impressed with it yet. Is it weird to see the ohms read 0.06? Yeah, but if it’s not accompanied by some drastic flavor improvement, battery life…something, then what’s the point.

So, what do I expect to gain going to Ti over Ni? Do you have any advice for buillding coils…and also since I like tanks, would you recommend Ti builds on the Orchid, Kayfun, Subtank, or Delta II? Thanks.