Smok TFV8 - The TFV4 successor

All I can say is HOLY CRAP look at the size of those coils!!!

The tank is shorter than the TFV4, but holds more juice. Coils rated for as high as 260W, and an RBA with an 18mm Velocity style build deck. Tim “the Tool Man” Taylor would be proud.

http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/the-tfv8-cloud-beast

2 Likes

I was gonna buy 3 Boreas RTAs this week… now 2 and wait for this tank… RBA only tho.

2 Likes

It says the kit comes with two coils AND the RBA. :+1:

2 Likes

It looks like a f*%king beast. Even if it’s only a slight improvement over the TFV4, then it will be great.

1 Like

Looks good! But like PV it’s the rba that will attract me. :yum:

Did you guys miss the free T-Shirt for the first 100 pre-orders?

2 Likes

Since I didn’t pre-order, then yes.

2 Likes

The tank looks awesome, but preorder is stressful. Besides… I want to see some reputable ELR reviews first.

5 Likes

Same here. At least for this RBA they have a decent deck design.

2 Likes

I want to see the v16 dam need 8 D truck battery to fire it or maybe my arc wilder will work .

4 Likes
3 Likes

I should be receiving mine by Monday or Tuesday. …kinda excited!

3 Likes

I ordered one last night. It say’s it’s in stock, but no shipping confirmation yet. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

Mine should be here tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.
Looks like a good rba in this one, better that the v4 anyway.

3 Likes

Ecig city is where I ordered mine…I’ve already received a tracking number

2 Likes

That tank looks ridiculous cool.
When you guys get yours let us all know how your lung surgery go’s

4 Likes

That was ZophieVapes conclusion also [add goofy emoji] …but her lungs are already hot …and she’s a tiny girl, so there’s that. Look forward to your reviews gents …those coils are off the scale!

2 Likes

I got mine today from https://www.ecigaretteempire.com/smok-tfv8-cloud-beast-tank-p/smoktfv8.htm. I live right down the street from their store so I can just walk in and not have to wait for vapemail. I tried the 8 coil monster a few nights ago at a different vape store at 130 watts… it will blow your mind. Never vaped anything like it. The flavor is intense and the clouds are so thick. I really bought it for the RBA. It’s almost misleading because the RBA is so big. In reality this tank is more like an RTA that just happens to have factory coils too, rather than the other way around like we are used to.

I haven’t even bothered with the factory coils and may never use them. I just like to build and tinker. I took out the pre-made claptons from the RBA and made my own. Five wrap 32/26 claptons at 2.5mm ID spaced to fit. Reverse wrapped the second coil so they are in the same holes and come out to 0.39 ohms. The juice holes and channels are massive. I often wondered what would happen if you had oversized juice flow and now I know. I wicked my coils slightly loose not too tight, the method that works for most tanks. It gave me a little bit of spitting. On a whim, I decided to make my cotton a little tighter and thicker than normal and that is the ticket. The reason being is that the cotton will replenish itself so quickly from the unlimited amount of juice available, that you will never get a dry hit. Making the cotton this tight in most tanks would choke the cotton and never work. Same for plugging off the juice channels. At first I tried to do it lightly and delicately like you would with most decks… after a tiny bit of leaking I rewicked and stuffed it in a little tighter… no leaks and no dry hits.

The build quality is solid and what I would expect from SMOK. All the threads are precise and everything fits perfectly. The fill is the same as all the recent SMOK tanks, with the exception that the fill hole is slightly larger. Something I have wanted for awhile! I wasn’t sure I would like the large drip tip but I do like it just fine, and you have an adapter if you ever want to use a normal tip. The air flow is incredible! I like that SMOK gives you too much airflow and gives you the option to dial it down to your taste, unlike say Kanger that gives you minuscule air flow and you can never increase it. I like some of the things Kanger does, but using their tanks is like sucking an elephant through a straw.

The flavor of the RBA is intense. It really amplifies certain parts of the flavor spectrum for me. Kind of get brighter fruitiness and slightly sweeter notes. The clouds are huge and thick. I like cooler vape than a lot of people and I am mostly doing this at 40 - 45 watts. This is my new favorite tank.

5 Likes

Just a few more thoughts as I was outside vaping in the cool ocean breeze that finally came in. I used the coils that I did because they are the same coils I have been using in my last two everyday use tanks, the TF-RTA G2 and the TFRDTA. Same coils, close to the same wattage, but vast flavor and cloud improvement. And yes this thing will drink the juice… but oh the flavor and the clouds! I know some people might like to ask how this compares to the TFV4. Other than the swinging top fill mechanism, there is no comparison to me. Completely different animals. The TFV4 is like a toy compared to this. Like comparing a Yugo to a balls out built to the hilt muscle car.

2 Likes

too true! …and funny Thanks for your review!

2 Likes