Smok TFV8 - The TFV4 successor

I’m running the V8-T8 coil in the TFV8 at 120w and I must say it’s a killer. A very thick warm dense flavorful vape. I’m having trouble with the RBA. It won’t read on any of my DNA200 mods. I contacted the vendor and I’m waiting for a reply.

5 Likes

You’re killing me. Does it work on any other mods or are you down to just DNA 200s now?

2 Likes

I’ve still got my rx200 and my ipv4s. Thank god.
Wonder why it’s not reading it! :thinking:

2 Likes

I didn’t try any other mods. I might just have a bad rba… I built it twice. I tried it on my ohms meter and it wouldn’t read it either.

1 Like

Aww, that sucks. Got mine ordered and fingers crossed. Hope they ship you a new one.

2 Likes

Aren’t you running it on the ipv3 right there in the pic?

1 Like

Yep… I’m using it for wattage mode with the T8-V8.

ever use your DNA’s for wattage? i feel their wattage is stronger than other battery operated mods.

1 Like

I use only wattage mode, and it seems that my DNA200s heat up much faster than my other mods, whether single or dual-18650 or built-in.

2 Likes

Got mine. :yum:

5 Likes

I tried the RBA again last night and it’s working now. I don’t how why it wouldn’t work earlier in the day. I have a 22g Ti, 3mm ID, 5/4 wrap deep water build that’s ohming out at .13 ohms… it’s usually .06-.08. When I test fire, both coils are firing.

I’m getting hot spots and a harsh vape. I’m pretty sure it’s something wrong with the wicking. I haven’t mastered these wicking slots yet. It’s like I’m stuffing too much cotton in the wicking slots, slowing my juice flow.

I’m going to try trimming the wick tails and stuffing less wick into the juice channels. If this doesn’t stop the hotspots, I’ll try a 2.5mm ID deep water build and see if that’ll work.

2 Likes

Had a small problem with the rba on this tfv8, it won’t fire or even recognise the atty.
so, i took out the coils that were in there and noticed the positive leg was loose :scream: WTF!!!
Insert photo here:-

That D shaped bottom piece with the central tube was loose. So held the top of the rba and tightened the D piece ,clockwise, which in turn pulled the positive leg back onto the deck.
That sorted the problem out, so if yours is doing the same, could be that.
Mass production at its finest. :yum:

3 Likes

Does anyone know what wire material those stock claptons are that came with the RBA?

Looks like kanthal but i swapped mine out for fused ss 304 claptons.
@Pro_Vapes this might be the problem with your rba.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks Pattie :+1:

1 Like

Nice catch!

1 Like

Hopefully that helps someone, you know how frustrating it get’s. :yum:

2 Likes

I just tried this and mine stopped working, so I pushed in the center pin and it’s working again… my ohms are all over the place though. It’s up to .18 now. There seems to be some type of contact issue I haven’t figured out.

2 Likes

Sounds like a contact issue. Mine seems to be ok now I’ve done what i did, but yours, seem like something else!

Did you chang the coils out on the rba with your own?