Smok TFV8 - The TFV4 successor

Thanks, I’ll wait.

2 Likes

It appears they have a new RBA deck available for this. The V8 RBA-16. Non velocity style deck. Only good pick I saw was on their home page.

2 Likes

It make me wonder if they knew the 1st RBA was bad before it was released. I’ll wait for some honest reviews on this one.

2 Likes

Just noticed leaking even with one of the stock coils…wtf…maybe the coil loosened somehow…just took it apart to clean and I’ll fill up again later to see if it happens again.

1 Like

I doubt it. They had like 12 coils and 4 RBA decks for the TFV4. I think this is just another big lineup for this tank.

2 Likes

Looks like a postless clamp style…I just watched a 25 second video that featured a very brief glimpse of the v8 rba-16 (I think I spelled that right)

juiced the tank back up and so far no leaks…must have been a fluke or something. weird.

The “16” refers to an Octuple Core Fused Clapton coil

1 Like

This tank hits like a champ but I’m having leaking issues too. I’ve tried everything suggested from forums and it still randomly leaks whenever it wants. What a disappointment. Have you had any luck with yours?

1 Like

I got sick of wasting time on my tfv8, still had issues with it, so i gave it to a friend and he’s happy with it. He only uses stock coils, but i wanted it for the rba. The rba wasn’t stable so no good for me.
I’ve had no luck whatsoever with smok and i doubt i will ever buy one again. :yum:

4 Likes

After less than 24 hours with this tank, I’m not impressed. I also get a metallic taste from the stock coil, and it’s leaking all over my brand new Therion.

The flavor is good and it does chuck some clouds, but other tanks do those things without the downsides.

I’m not ready to give it up yet, but it’s not going to be one of my all-day tanks.

1 Like

Yeah my ohms were all over the place too but they seem to have settled down after I cranked down on every part of the tank. I just can’t figure out the leaking issue. The rba is one of the easiest I have used, it’s such a shame that it dumps juice everywhere. I emailed smok so we’ll see if they get back to me.

With the rba you need to make sure the wick is under the ledge that the posts make where they stop at the bottom. Fill that area and your good.

1 Like

That has helped alot! Thank you for the tips! I noticed that you have to pack the holes solid too.

1 Like

Went to take the tank off the mod for cleaning. For pete’s sake, a press fit is all that holds the entire tank to the part that screws down to the 510! Unbelievable.

As you can see, that bottom part (do we call it the base?) is very thin.

Me thinks this is the type of thing folks were warning about with hardware that was “rushed to market” prior to 8/8/16. II hate to think SMOK would be so shoddy with their tank construction, looking at their past successes. Oh well, I still am enjoying the TF-RTA immensely.

2 Likes

I have not been happy with my TFV8. In many ways it’s very nice, but the stupid flaws keep it from being a reliable all-day-carry device.

3 Likes

Whoa…thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Here is what I noticed with the tfv8 rba. I had a shorting problem right out of box. So after wasting about 30 mill of juice this is what I did to fix it. I unscrewed center pin from bottom of the rba. Then I pulled the post wings up and reversed them. I reassembled the rba and It totally fixed the shorting problem. Now to get the cotton to wick juice and not leak out, this is what I did. I graped a piece of cotton twice the size of the coil and about 2 inches long. I then twisted and stretched till small enough to fit threw the coils on the rba deck. Once threw I had about half inch of cotton hanging out each side. I then untwised cotton till cotton was straight with out any twist. I then used the allen wrench that came with the rba to pushed tips of cotton ends into the juice ports. Using the same tool I pulled the cotton ends threw to the outer ports of the rba using it like a dental pick. Once threw I pulled all the slack out of my cotton wick tI’ll wick was tight. Once all 4 cotton ends were sticking out of the rba outer ports. I used a razor blade in a downward motion to cut cotton flush with the bottom of the rba outer ports. I then used the same allen wrench to pull cotton up just a hair at each end of the coils.using a sweeping motion on the under edge of the cotton. I Then primed the rba with juice by driping juice from center of coil then working my way to each juice ports. Once cotton is fully covered in juice. I Used the lower half of the rba and just the bottom half of tfv8 screwed on to my mod with coils exposed. Continued to drip on center of coil well pressing fire botton for just a second every few drops or so. Once coil was juiced up and hot. I reassembled tfv8 completely. I filled the tfv8 with juice and let set for 15 min or so. Then I was good to go. Note I’m using max vg with out issue. Even with the factory coils.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Hope it proves to be a long term fix. If you find a fix for the press fit base popping off I’m all ears! Until then this beast of a tank will sit on my shelf :frowning:

1 Like

Have you contacted SMOK and told them about it?
I would imagine they would replace that one for you and maybe wanna get their hands on the one you have so they can examine it to see where it went wrong.