SMOK XCube II review

The one I ordered is TC activated, didn’t know about the Ti wire support. I don’t really care though, I’ve paid $55 for it. For that price I can barely get an iStick 50 in this county.

2 Likes

very well done again with a great review you do a great job with just the right amount of information very very good… with that being said I can’t wait to win one!!! lol :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

An excellent detailed review. Everything I need to know.

2 Likes

Top review Daath, very thorough. Its a good looking piece of kit glad to hear the pro’s and cons.

1 Like

An extreme review, daath!!!
Don’t apologise for the app manual, because this happens to anyone that tries to review this amazing mod.
It happened to me when I reviewed the same mod for our Greek vape forum. It’s impossible to explain what this device does without showing its every single feature. Otherwise people can be confused or think that the device is extremely difficult to use.
I was very unhappy that I didn’t have the time to translate texts and video for elr forum, but here you are with a very thorough view of this mod.
I can only add my impressions which are almost the same as yours
For its price, it’s a killer.
It functions perfectly in TC mode.
The adjust ohm function helps the vaper to attach warm atties with a known resistance without having to wait for them to cool. It also helps to correct the ohms if you think that the mod has a false resistance reading.
The min/soft etc settings really improve vaping.
I will also add that mine came with the 1.05 version and I updated it via smok’s site. I was afraid of bugs but everything worked like a charm.
The 1.08 version adds min and max to the soft/normal/hard settings
Most of all, I had an issue with tc while still on 1.05: I had to raise the degrees almost 25% comparing to a dna40 mod, in order to get the same result. 1.08 version fixed this issue.

(mine worked with 2 HG4 LGs 3000mah - great batteries)

If you don’t mind its huge size, it’s a winner!

2 Likes

Thanks @svoula :slight_smile: Yes it really is a great mod, but not a simple one - it confuses a great many people. But for those that like getting their hands dirty, it’s awesome!

Hold off on upgrading to 1.09 though - see this new thread:

3 Likes

Haaa… you may find it odd, but I won’t have the chance. I gave the mod because of its size. Can’t help it being a tiny maniac.
For 2 years I own maybe the tiniest dna 18650 mod in Greece, the land of vape modders!!! Custom made for me by a great modder. Now that it’s retired, I stick with my isticks :smile: and gave both my huge dna40 hcigar vt and the xcube.
I miss the perfection of these mods, but I can’t live with anything bigger than an istick.
That’s why I commented for those who don’t mind the size.
Even comparing to the king dna40, I found this mod to satisfy me more.
I hope you enjoy the 1.09 and continue to vape happily with it even after 2.59! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, you mensioned that the temperature control unit can be changed within the device. I cant find the place for changing it to centigrade. My firmware version is 1.092. An other issue ist that all tc settings made in the app are not applied on the device. I even bought the tc feature but still nothing.

Just turn the temperature up until it reaches 600o F, then turn it up more, and it changes to centigrade :smile:

1 Like

make sure the by is on for both devices?

bt is on on both devices. the connection ist also established. i can see all statistic data and other parameters like current voltage, power or temperature but i am not able to set the mode settings

1 Like

I’ve found that mine pretty consistently measures the initial ohms too low, like 0.2 ohm too low. If I use the Settings - Adj. Ohm to set the ohms correctly it works every time…

1 Like

I got my new Cube II today… the black one. I’m trying to set up Ti support. Since I lost my other cell phone I had reinstall the app on my new phone. I connected bluetooth to my mod and tried to set up Ti, but it doesn’t accept my password. I tried to reset my password and they say my email isn’t registered. So to avoid a headache I said fu%k it, I’ll start from scratch, it’s only a $0.50 tops. I registered a new email and went to repurchase Ti support. Now it says my email is not activated. It’s crazy they put you through this just to make $0.49. I quit for today. I’ll try again tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t take 3 days to get it up and running this time.

1 Like

Sorry for your troubles - that’s annoying! Can’t you search your inbox for the original registration mail? The black one looks great though!

2 Likes

Got my XCube2 yesterday, 1 ohm build at 17 blazing watts of power, melting my face off!

I got the Ti support… but v1.092 doesn’t read any of my <1.0 ohm builds in the TFV4. It’s reading “Atomizer Short” and Don’t Abuse Protection".

I made this statement recently and I wish I could go back. Does anybody have a copy of v1.080 they can zip and email so I can try a different copy for a downgrade.

1 Like

Hmmm, starting to sound a whole lot like some of the problems I have been having with the TFV4 and the Koopor. Getting this message, if I remember correctly “Low Ohms”. I have set it aside till I feel like screwing with it. Thought it was something I had done incorrectly but not so sure now. Be waiting to hear what you come up with. By the way, the Crown works on it, just not the TFV4. Not sure why…

1 Like

These tanks ran perfect on my other Cube2. I think it’s in the software. That was one reason I waited to upgrade. No one else has reported this issue… so I gave the upgraded version a shot. If I can downgrade to the old software I think it will be ok. I may have to tweak the hell out of the TCoR. I was hoping for no headaches with v1.092. We’ll see.

when I put a new ti coil on I always have to tweek the tcor…but it’s running flawless with my crown running a Ti .17 coil idk. my tcor is @ .000499
I do have ver 1.092…

It may be the dual coils. I’m gonna try several TCoR options until I find something that works.

1 Like