SMOK XCube II review

bt is on on both devices. the connection ist also established. i can see all statistic data and other parameters like current voltage, power or temperature but i am not able to set the mode settings

1 Like

I’ve found that mine pretty consistently measures the initial ohms too low, like 0.2 ohm too low. If I use the Settings - Adj. Ohm to set the ohms correctly it works every time…

1 Like

I got my new Cube II today… the black one. I’m trying to set up Ti support. Since I lost my other cell phone I had reinstall the app on my new phone. I connected bluetooth to my mod and tried to set up Ti, but it doesn’t accept my password. I tried to reset my password and they say my email isn’t registered. So to avoid a headache I said fu%k it, I’ll start from scratch, it’s only a $0.50 tops. I registered a new email and went to repurchase Ti support. Now it says my email is not activated. It’s crazy they put you through this just to make $0.49. I quit for today. I’ll try again tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t take 3 days to get it up and running this time.

1 Like

Sorry for your troubles - that’s annoying! Can’t you search your inbox for the original registration mail? The black one looks great though!

2 Likes

Got my XCube2 yesterday, 1 ohm build at 17 blazing watts of power, melting my face off!

I got the Ti support… but v1.092 doesn’t read any of my <1.0 ohm builds in the TFV4. It’s reading “Atomizer Short” and Don’t Abuse Protection".

I made this statement recently and I wish I could go back. Does anybody have a copy of v1.080 they can zip and email so I can try a different copy for a downgrade.

1 Like

Hmmm, starting to sound a whole lot like some of the problems I have been having with the TFV4 and the Koopor. Getting this message, if I remember correctly “Low Ohms”. I have set it aside till I feel like screwing with it. Thought it was something I had done incorrectly but not so sure now. Be waiting to hear what you come up with. By the way, the Crown works on it, just not the TFV4. Not sure why…

1 Like

These tanks ran perfect on my other Cube2. I think it’s in the software. That was one reason I waited to upgrade. No one else has reported this issue… so I gave the upgraded version a shot. If I can downgrade to the old software I think it will be ok. I may have to tweak the hell out of the TCoR. I was hoping for no headaches with v1.092. We’ll see.

when I put a new ti coil on I always have to tweek the tcor…but it’s running flawless with my crown running a Ti .17 coil idk. my tcor is @ .000499
I do have ver 1.092…

It may be the dual coils. I’m gonna try several TCoR options until I find something that works.

1 Like

Have you tried messing with the ohms instead of the TCoR? To me it makes more sense, since TCoR is math, but resistance is measurement - it might be inaccurate - I know for sure mine is inaccurate :smile:

try keeping it set for single coil??

Yes that was the first thing I did. I’m running a dual .07 build. I tried my Lemo2 @ .15 single coil and I had no problems.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to do all this when I’m using a build that’s within spec of this mod. I contacted Efun aka @andycolins for a refund. I’ll let you all know how they handle it. They have a DNA200 mod I may order if they handle this refund without a hassle. I saw what @Cloyce went through and I don’t want to deal with that.

1 Like

And I’m still trying to return my 100w Istick. Now they don’t even respond to my emails. Its all good there’s other places to buy from.
Hope you guys get your problems worked out.

2 Likes

This might sound really stupid but can you put two different branded batteries in the smok cube 2? Thanks guys.

You really don’t want to. You ideally should always put in two identical batteries and marry them. This is for safety as well as the batteries wearing evenly. It’s not just for looks. Batteries are cheap. Do the right thing!

Mt Baker Vapor has a decent page on batteries. Here’s what they say about married pairs, something many people don’t understand -

BATTERY MARRIAGE
"Married” batteries means 2 batteries together for their whole life. They can go in different mods as long as they are never split up. They should be discharged and recharged at the same time, every time. If your mod is configured in series, then you should also rotate the position of the batteries each time. This is because the first battery in the series will take the brunt of the force so you want to alternate the duties of your batteries. If an old and a new battery are used together, it’s possible for the old one to be discharged below the normal 3.2v causing damage to the battery and maybe your device. You will also reliably get the same number of charges from both, and know when they are both at the end of their life using the married method.

3 Likes

please don’t… battery safety is very very important… the last thing we need is a member hurt… as well as another bad news broadcast. :wink:

2 Likes

You’re really not supposed to do this with any battery powered device, vape or not.

I’d only do it though until you can get a set to marry up. I’ve got a buddy doing this right now to an istick 100

1 Like