SMOK XCube II Titanium TCoR Setup Issues

Hey thanks @Big_Benny_MI, I do need a kick in the head every now and then. We all really should try and keep this forum a bastion on non-suck, so thank you for the reminder.

…and thank you @SthrnMixer. Yeah, if I am running TC on the cube it ramps up to temp, turns off for a second while it flashes the temperature control message, and turns back on again. It’s ridiculously annoying. It’s a dual spaced 24ga Ti build at 0.1ohms at the momeny. I still have a new 2 coil Ti coil from them and I suppose I’ll try it over the weekend, but it did the same thing on the single coil RBA and the exact same builds work on my other two TC mods without any fussing around or logging into an app or whatever. Even before I plugged the DNA into my computer to load the Ti curve it still worked, but I had the temp set high.

2 Likes

I got 2 x cubes today and absolutely no problems at all… But I must tell that I have read this entire thread 10 times😂 before even opening the boxes hehe.

And now I understand what ya’ll are talking about when you say ti is supreme😁

4 Likes

So you read the entire thread 10x and still bought 2…did you not hear the drum being banged slowly and repeatedly? lolz

But in all seriousness, you upgraded to ti already? Same day? No problems?

My SS and TI arrive today…I’m typing this next to my mail box, with my foot tapping.

3 Likes

I had already ordered them when I saw all the commotion hehe… So I had to read up :laughing:

But yes every thing works… Even the ti coefficient seem to work. I just sit back with my Dripper and toke away till no vape comes out of my old lungs😀

I am really surprised how my battery’s last… Twice as long as on my istick 100. So all in all I’m happy :raised_hands:

2 Likes

That’s great!
…too many turds in the punch bowl as is lolz

I’m gonna set up SS and Ti this weekend hopefully.

I should have praised it more… Now it’s not working that good with the single coil ti!

Going to try with 0.00525 coefficient… As pro_ Vapes suggested.

Good luck man. One more person getting screwed by that company is too many. If you do get it working, I would never change anything. The hard part is you accidentally scroll through the wire choice once and switch out of Ti and your back to getting out your phone. . .to re-up-gradation. LOL.

I’ll say I’ve learned from my recent buying sprees to never buy two of anything until you are certan it works for you. I’ve busted on too many supposedly awesome products already.

Instead of fiddling with the coefficient, try adjusting the ohms… This is how I get my Koopor to work - it reads ohms too high for me :smile:

2 Likes

I 've been fiddleling with the x cube 2 since black Friday and haven’t much luck with the temp control. Well, I twisted 26 g ni200 14 wraps for .14 ohms and was getting pretty scrappy hits. So, I twisted off my Leno 2 and hit the firing bar which sort of resets things then screwed the tank back on. It was sort of hot, but I fired it for a drag and look down to see what ohms it was at and it read .21. The drag from then on was much longer before heat protection kicked on.

Howdy folks, first post on your fine forums.

I was able to upgrade Ti/SS on my and my buddies Xcube II and get it reflecting properly on the mod itself.
Initially, I had the same issues as yall. If I selected Ni, I couldnt get it back to Ti. After much tinkering, heres how I got it to stick:

Do the upgradation crap. On the app, go to the TC menu. Select Ti Coil. Hit the checkmark.
After that pushes to the mod, I powered the mod down and rebooted. This made it stick. I did the same with SS. Again, it took me a bit, but this worked and I was able to do it on my co-wokers XC2 with much less trouble.

Still working on the perfect Ti vape. Right now Im running 20g Ti (8 wraps, .10 ohm) in my TFV4 rebuildable deck (I bored out the post holes in the stock 2 post deck). It vapes well but hits theTC wall rather quickly. Im fairly certain its related to it being such a low resistance, but Ill continue to play with it.

Dont give up on the XC2. It has its quirks, but its a great mod. Ive had mine for months and love the damn thing.

3 Likes

Mine is sadly somewhat of a paper weight now after I got the rx200… Hoping for a update though so I can use it in tc again.

1 Like

I’m hoping for an update that can compete with the evic mini!

2 Likes

What he said, it holds my empty atty boxes in there spot on the floor. Glad it works for you, mine would suck as a mech mod.

It’s not just the tc that got to me… The firing delay was horrible and the battery door got to me in the end. But there are things that I love about it too. The led’s, the looks and the Bluetooth (if it had worked)… Close but no cigar :cry:

1 Like
3 Likes

That is a crazy funny movie reference. Dude, that is the only response a rational person could have against a Smoke xCube II. Jack-the-rippers copy-cat was triggered by an eXcube. You watch. Hate that thing!!!

Sorry to hear yall are having trouble. I can honestly say mine has been issue free out of the box. No trigger issues. No delays. TC was finnicky, but I was able to get things to stick. Im more than happy.

2 Likes

The delay is not an issue… All x cubes have it. Maby they’ll fix it… I sure hope so

Stopped holding my breath long ago. They’ve moved on to the next debacle. The problem a lot of these new Chinese brands have is they don’t even know how to have a relationship with a customer. They, ehem, get their design, tool up a big factory really quickly, crap out all they will ever make of that model, rinse, lather repeat. It’s going to take time and a deeper understanding of what westerners value other than just price before they fix their crap. . .but Smok seem to be the worst though. The degree to which they suck is staggering. They will never sell me anything else, not a coil, nothing.

1 Like

I’m using 0.5mm grade 1 titanium, with TCoR value of 0.00038, and it’s working much better than the factory setting of 0.00035. I believe the value given by the factory is an average of different grades. My info on the value came from www.goodfellow.com, a supplier of titanium to many markets, including medical and aerospace. Once I changed to that value, it’s been vaping great. My builds are dual vertical, 6 wraps which seems to give me the best vape so far.

1 Like