SMOK XCUBE2 Activation Test

Will someone please tell me how in the hell the TC is activated on the X Cube 2, but the app does not recognize that I already have TC on the mod so it’s saying I need to purchase the upgrade before I can mess with the settings for TC within the app. Yet they function fully if I set TC via the mod…

Welcome to the party. It’ll cost you $0.49 to figure that out.

2 Likes

I can choose TC under modes and set it all up for a nickel coil. Yet, when I go to simply buy the upgrade for Ti it doesn’t even have that option yet. It wants me to purchase it before I guess it will give me the other options?

1 Like

If you can get it up and running, it’s a beast. Just too much BS to get there.

1 Like

It wants me to eat 3 bucks to set up TC and another buck to get Ti. Yet TC is already enabled in the mod itself, but the app doesn’t recognize it.

I mean I’m not stressing about 3 bucks, it’s mainly principle. I can’t stand that they made this much of a headache to be able to setup their awesome mod. Almost like it’s flawed before you can even really see the true potential.

Edit: is one of your “+ or -” buttons protruding further than the other? My ‘-’ button sticks out further than the ‘+’ button.

2 Likes

I haven’t got a single good hit yet and I’m five days in.

My experience so far with my new black xcube2…

That is really a headache on your part. I didn’t think it could be that bad…

Is there a way to quickly turn the mod off without going into the settings and doing it from there?

Edit: nvm, you have to have the menu in locked mode and hold the firing bar for +5 seconds to get the option the same way you would in the menu. I don’t understand why I would want to have the option to turn the mod back on when its already on… These people man

1 Like

If you figure it out let me know. Too complicated… even for TC vets.

So fucking weird, excuse my language but I’ve been sitting here for 2 hours trying to get this damn thing to vape.

I go in my app, the only thing that I can push from the app to the mod is when I click on the mode tab and change it from min-soft-norm-hard-max. It will push that to the mod 90% of the time, the other 10% it won’t change.

No matter what I do though, it will NOT change the mode even if I set a different mode via the app and hit the check mark (I use this on an Android btw).

1 Like

I see a headache coming on. I hope you didn’t get it at EFun.

I’m on my 5th day… Good luck.

I’m going to give it one more go with the girlfriends iphone when she comes home today.

I bought it from gearbest on a sale. I will be contacting them today, I’ve always had decent times with their customer support. I think Smok is the ones breaking their own mod. This isn’t hardware related, this is definitely a software issue. Software on the fact that it works with 50% of their mods and the other 50% get shit on like us.

If I could downgrade to v1.080 I think it would I could get it to work…

Unless you write a code that will push it from the upgrade software as an ‘update’ then I don’t think downgrading is even a possibility here.

The old installer will wipe the chip and install the v1.080 hex file.

link to the old installer and the 1.08 hex?

That’s what I’m looking for. Smoktech hasn’t replied to a support request. That’s why I will never but another Smok mod. They obviously have an as is policy… They know they are producing bad mods.

So in the US Madvapes LLC is their warranty provider. I called them and asked them about this issue and they said they have gotten numerous RMA’s because of the mod not working properly on all different aspects.

Update:
I threw in a spare triple coil for the TFV4 and put it in watt mode and guess what, it fired… In TC it fired on my Ni setting. Still cant change to Ti no matter what and still says short atomizer for all my Ti builds.

I was starting to think that it was the app that was not working properly. Now I see that it is this mod all together. I’m at the point of pulling my hair out this is such a headache. Even for us experienced TC users, this is such a gimmick.

1 Like

OMG @Pro_Vapes I FOUND THE HEX FILE AND THE OLD UPDATER!!!

Firmware version V1.08 (zip) - http://7xjcc4.com2.z0.glb.qiniucdn.com/device/XCUBEII_firmware_v1.08.hex.zip
Update Tool - http://7xjcc4.com2.z0.glb.qiniucdn.com/device/Upgrade_Tool_For_XCUBEII.zip

2 Likes

It didn’t work… No data file included

it has the .hex you can use with the old updater.

just did it to mine actually.