Smooth out Nic Throat Hit

That’s good. I’m curious to see how they handle it. Hiliq is my favorite nic. I’ve bought quite a bit of nic from them and it has always been really good. Sorry your experience has not been the best so far :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey so are you storing it in the freezer? I have it in the fridge but wondering if the freezer would make it last longer/ preserve it…Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey so are you storing it in the freezer? I have it in the fridge but wondering if the freezer would make it last longer/ preserve it…Thanks…

2 Likes

@1337vapn, i always use 100mg/100pg NIC and it lives in the freezer. Will last longer, make sure to shake a lot to mix it good to prevent hot spots. PG is much thinner and easier to mix.

2 Likes

awesome thank you! I better put mine in the freezer then :slight_smile: Now to have fun trying to work out the best flavour percentages, any tips on that?

2 Likes

Yea I keep all my nic in the freezer until Im ready to use it. Everything I read when I first started diy said that the freezer helps keep it nice n fresh. I had bought some Nude Nic Armor which is supposed to be better stored and bottled than standard nics. I froze out for a little over a month and pulled it out permanently once I started using it. I wish now that I had kept it in the fridge or freezer.

I gotta say though the nic held up well stored in my dark vape cabinet. Only at the end of the bottle did it start to age and I think the flavor combonation played a big part in the harsh throat hit. I have used the nic in other mixes with good results. Moral to the story? Store your nic in a cold place…Fridge or freezer is better than room temp. :grin:

2 Likes

awesome thank you very much, do you have any tips on flavour concentrates by any chance?

2 Likes

Like what? I recently started using Real Flavors Super-Concentrates (RFSC) and so far it’s really good and it really is a super concentrate cause it doesnt take much to add tons of flavor. Capella (CAP) has always been a favorite along with The Flavor Apprentice (TFA or TPA).

1 Like

I agree man. I’ve always used a 50/50 blend and ready to switch to 100% pg. I liked it thick so it was easier to measure accurately. It just oozes nice and slow. Now i dont give a crap about that lol

1 Like

@1337vapn I couldn’t post all the normal details from my phone, but now I’m on the lappie. I started out using 100vg NIC and when chilled/frozen it was super thick and an absolute PITA to shake up so I switched to 100pg NIC which is much easier to shake up before using, and it allegedly has a longer shelf life than vg. Unless you’re using bad/cheap NIC the game is always the same, trying to limit how fast it oxidizes. Heat, light, air, all bad.

I always buy 500ml or 1L bottles, and immediately break it up into smaller amber glass bottles, which I put dates on, and toss them into a large ziplock in the freezer. When I fill my breakdown bottles, I fill almost all the way to the top (little to no air left in bottle) then cap off.

I’ve been burned by more than one “cheaper” NIC supplier, some tasted poor, peppery, or oxidized very fast despite freezing, and I’ve now been stuck on Nude Nicotine. They are more expensive then some others, and their not the fastest, but I’m currently mixing using a mega large order I placed over 1.5 years ago, broken down and frozen, the the NIC is about as clear, and clean tasting as it was when I bought it, and to me, that’s saying something. As mentioned above ^^^^ I too have a couple 500ml Armor 2 bottles from Nude for deeper storage where they top off the bottles with Argon, displacing any air for even longer storage. You never know when the MAN will try and shut things down, so just color me a NIC prepper LOL.

Please make SURE to use gloves/goggles at LEAST when you’re breaking down your big bottles, and use caution when dealing with 100mg NIC.

1 Like

This info is great stuff, and it reinforces what my friend had me do (being a total newbie)
I smoked 30+ a day for 40+ years and until recently smoked rollies with a filter to slow down and now ciggi free thx to people like you guys

Anyway my friend had me buy 2x 500ml 100mg in 100% PG from NN (the bloody frieght cost more then the nic lol) 1 bottle went strait in the freezer, the other I broke down into 4x100ml amber bottles to the cap and set to bed in the freezer.

The rest I made a VG base with the nic@13mg and Saline solution @ 10% filled 5 100ml bottles to the cap and stored them in a dark cave, what was left over I made a few mixes that I’m well on the way to finishing.

So my question is, Am I on the right track? (I think I am) and will the VG nic base I made fade??

Philfy

3 Likes

@DaFeral sounds like you are on the right track. You mix all of your base with 10% saline ? I sometimes add 1 drop per 10ml in certain mixes myself. As to your VG NIC mix oxidizing faster, if I read your post correct, you are storing that in a dark cabinet ? If so, any NIC that is not at least kept in the fridge or freezer will oxidize faster.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect (assuming you’re not wanting to end up with 13mg juice once the flavors are mixed into it). Depending on how long you think the base will last it’s probably safe in a cool place, but you could throw the extras in the freezer too just as an added precaution. I’ve been making a liter of base at a time and I just keep it at my mixing station. I use it up fast enough that it’s not an issue. Probably sits for a week or two at cool room temp.

2 Likes

Awesome :thumbsup:

@VapeyMama, for an old bloke I still math well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was thinking with juice on avg 10>15% it would be about 11>12mg nic and an ok throat hit for a beginner. Am still on training wheels tank @1.5 Ohms, thou I have moved to restricted DL hits now :rofl: and the flavor is nice too. I’m new but was thinking about 100ml a week of juice so I might fridge half as you and @SessionDrummer suggested.

@SessionDrummer IV saline solution is 99.1% purified water I guess@10% is close to 1 drop per 10ml hehehee I use it for 2 reasons, 1) I don’t drink a lot of water because fish fuck in it and as a newbie I need to hydrate a little more so I don’t get vape tongue so easy. 2) I love fruit vapes so far and I read that the salt in saline @0.9% is pure no iron and makes fruit pop a little like cactus does, I read a lot of stuff on it and, well I think it works, my 1st few vapes rock IMHO.lol

Thx to you both for your tips and feedback,

hugs and handshake

2 Likes

Awesome I may have to pick me up some bottles just in case! :wink: Haha I love it gotta prepare for when the MAN shuts it all down for sure! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Heres a newbie question. Whats the saline for, to preserve it longer?

1 Like

Not as a preservative, but with some flavors/mixes, a hint of salt/saline can make certain flavors pop more. Too much though, and it just becomes salty, and blackens your coils.

2 Likes

Sorry to be off topic, but I need to post a warning

IV Saline solution is 99.1% pure water and pure salt(no iron) This is medical grade stuff that hospitals/doctors use to hydrate you or mix drugs in to put into your body/bloodstream.
@SessionDrummer is right, plus it hydrates your mouth a little and is known to help if put a little on your tongue and rub it in if you have vape tongue.

WARNING:
DO NOT BUY EYE WASH / CONTACT LENS WASH or anything else that contains other ingredients other than pure> IV Saline Solution
DO NOT BUY FROM Ebay or online seller without research.

Best bet if you do want to try it, GO TO YOUR LOCAL CHEMIST and ask the nice people behind the counter before you buy just anything. It must be for IV use.
Common packages 10ml vile 250ml bag 500ml bag 1000ml bag

Thankyou and sits down

2 Likes

I May have to try this saline out… So 1% Plus sound good to test it out? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@1337vapn Like most things in DIY, start small and adjust to your taste.
As mentioned above, I use this in my VG/Nic/Saline base I mix up.

Be careful thou, I believe saline has a short shelf life and wouldn’t go putting it a bottle and keeping for 6 months. I’m new to vaping,but I did research it a lot.

2 Likes