So as a nation we're $20 trillion in debt. If (and that's a huge friggin if) the government truly wanted to be solvent, marijuana sales could single-handedly eliminate a great portion of that debt. And it wouldn't need to be complicated...just a two part plan.
- Allow states to sell
- Give states complete control over their own sales regulations (do not require farmers, dispensaries or any other entity to register with Fed).
- Tax 20% of those sales as Fed Sales Tax
- Watch the money roll in
This will NOT happen because the government is actively taking powers AWAY from the states. But it would work.
- Cease wasteful spending and kick all those bastard who waste our money out of office immediately, including every "czar" ever appointed.
- Require a super majority for any new cent of proposed government spending.
- Set term limits for all congressmen and women to 2 terms of 2 years.
- Eliminate any appointed position in government where the appointee has the ability to authorize spending.