Squonk bottle refill bottle suggestions

Hi all,

Looking for some ideas or suggestions for a bottle for carrying around to refill my squonker.

I mix into boston rounds, then decant into smaller unicorn/gorilla bottles for daily use. I’ve tried a few different types and sizes of unicorns/gorillas, but they all suffer from the same issue; slow delivery of the juice.

I have Pulse squonkers, and I’m quite happy removing the bottle to refill, and find this a painless and easy way to refill, and seems less agro than going in through the 510 connector, if not for the size of the “drip tips” on the bottles. Unless the juice is nice and warm, it takes some serious squeezing to fill the 8ml squonk bottle.

I’ve tried a flavourist juice bottle, but didn’t find that much better. I’ve tried snipping down the drip tip on the gorilla bottles, but then they don’t seem to seal correctly when the lid is replaced. I’ve tried the quarter turn type caps, but they are a bit too blunt, and a bit messy in my experience.

Anyone know of anything that might be what I’m after?!

Cheers.

1 Like

yorker tops fill squonk bottles nicely https://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/bottles/products/twist-tops

4 Likes

I think they are what I was referring to with my “quarter turn” type caps.

The ones I have tried were a bit messy, and left juice around the tip when closing.

You know what VG is like, worried I’d end up with some “incontinence spots” after sticking it back n my pocket.

Maybe the ones I tried were a bit sub-par?

1 Like

I use these, I have 2 plus the original aluminum one, work great and no leaks

4 Likes

That’s what prompted the question actually, it popped up on a targeted ad somewhere, and got me thinking.

So, is it a decent flow in “dripping” mode?

Cheers.

1 Like

The bottle being soft silicone makes it easy to squeeze, you could shoot a stream across a room if you so desired. I am very happy with them.

3 Likes

Ideal,

Thanks very much for the replies :+1:

3 Likes

I generally carry a unicorn bottle with my juice and the squonker.

All the contraptions for filling from the 510 are just too awkward for my taste. There is always the game with pushing here, pushing there, turning it this way, or the other way …

Plain old refil from the unicorn bottle is more than enough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice thing about the geekvape bottle is you have both options and the sleeve adds some protection for your bottle. I use it to fill thru the 510 and as a drip bottle. Works great for me, but each to their own.

3 Likes

I havent seen geekvape one yet. In any case I greatly dislike the ones that refill through 510

2 Likes

As I said, I find it easy enough to remove the bottle to fill, but if the juice is cold, i.e. been laying in the garage or the van, it takes far too long for my patience levels to extract a bottle full!

2 Likes

Now that’s something I never think about since I live in a very warm climate.

In the winter we rarely have weather below +10C

2 Likes

Pop a bottle in the fridge and feel my pain!

6 Likes

Just strengthens my point to use a unicorn bottle. if you keep it in your pocket, you will keep the juice fairly warm

2 Likes

Fair point, it just felt like there must be something with just a slightly larger diameter than a unicorn bottle for faster filling.

I usually have a couple of litres of up to 10 flavours in my steeping cupboard. Cool and dark. I carry a couple or three flavours with me most of the time, and I generally use 120ml bottles now.

I need larger pockets

2 Likes

Drill the gorilla tip out with a slightly larger drill bit until you get what you want, but dont shorten the tip or it will leak, its a pretty easy solution once you find the right size drill bit

2 Likes

Why didn’t I think of that??!

Think I’ll give that a go tonight. Cheers

2 Likes

Why not just get one of these?
Squonk refill bottle

4 Likes

I love mine. No hassles, no messes and the cap serves as convenient atty stand while I fill up. Thanks for the link, gotta order more.

1 Like

Hmm, never really thought that it would make an atty stand but makes sense that it would. But as the OP stated the added mess of removing the atty is why that is not appealing and happier to remove and fill the bottle. They definitely would appeal to me where a struggle to get the bottle out would be more of a hassle. Running a single batt mech, my bottle needs a refill at roughly same rate as the battery needs changing so it makes it pretty simple to do both at the same time. Is very nice we have all these option to choose from now and can pick what works best for us. Happy squonkin’ all!

3 Likes