Stage 2, learning to build, new stuff n.n

Left to right that’s TFV8 Big Baby Beast RBA running fused claptons, the Azeroth clone running Tigers and a Velocity clone with Alien coils.

You’ll notice after building my quad. . .quad-coil (XD) build on that Wismec Inde Duo, I’ve discovered verticle is way, way easier for me to set up on the velocity-style decks. . .so that’s what I’ve done here.

I just finished up the Velocity first – Lots of little machining issues (the Azeroth has them too btw), more ‘sticky’ than they should be, especially compared to the Wismec in it’s lovely simplicity. .155 Ohms with those alien coils, and the flavour is even better than on the quad quad. Loving it. Great vapour, cool vape, smooth. more vapour than the Wismec, less than the TFV12, goes thru liquid stupid fast, dosn’t get so hot it actually burns me a little like the Wismec >.> Cost 8 bucks from fasttech and I’ma very happy camper.

Next let’s wick the Azeroth clone – .215ohm on the tigers. It’s basically the same temperature and thickness of the TFV12 but with better flavour. Love it. Solid tank, and it’s just attractive, nice to have along with the TFV12 Cloud Beast King. Oh, and the smaller tank is a bit nice. I like to swap flavours more often than the TFV12 empties. One negative – I did have to take one of the coils off and re-do it because you don’t put the legs thru the deck, you snip them to the right size and I had it a bit off – just a bit trickier than post-decks.

3 hours of atty shorts and a fracking fire later – Fuck the TFV8 RBA. I’m gonna shoot his thing with a .22 when I get up tomorrow. I’m done with this damn thing. Order it, no glass, week later, they sent me the wrong glass, two weeks later, finally go the right glass, but the thing has to screw into the base just exactly right or it shorts – and then I had too large a coil in it anyway so it touched the sides of the little cap, and I just wasn’t paying enough attention and notice that soo – fire.

I’m done. I like my TFV12, I really like my new Axeroth, and I got two RDAs I also am loving. Don’t need this crap with the Baby Beast XD.

So, what did we learn today folks? I gotta try the alien -style coils in the other RDA/RTAs, I’m really liking them. I prefer vertical to gorizontal, Wismec gets too hot cause it’s so short, but now I had another RDA for chain-vaping. And don’t let coils touch chambers kids, or you’re gonna have a bad time.

What do we need to experiment with next? I’m curious – apart from how easy they are to build on and what you can make fit – surely taste and vapor is mostly just coils right? So I need to try the Alien coils on my TFV12 and see if it suddenly has flavour. Cause what it’s got right now are coils I made from hive wire – and everything today has been from a pack of 48 prebuilts by demon killer apparently. Seemed like a good way to get introduced to the various coil types without having to learn how to make them all, and then actually make a few of all of them, to find what I like.

And what’s for the future? Get some SS wire and try out temp control. It seems like a great idea, but hold on let me learns things first.

4 Likes

Cloudz bro, cloudz.

3 Likes

Velocity

Azeroth

5 Likes

The only way to learn is to get stuck in. You’ve done just that, now you have a bit of experience and you’ve learned things that you won’t do again, this all helps with your next endeavour. Kudos to you. :+1::ok_hand:

1 Like