Stainless Steel Coil Method

And if you PM me your address I’ll send you one.

2 Likes

You sure bud? I would love to try one.

Yeah I’m sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you get everything post a video so we can see it in action. Please…

4 Likes

Ok team. How do you determine the Tcr for ss316L? For 26g round. 30g braided 6stranda? Ect?

I looked at the steam engine site by t I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

What brand of wire are you using ?

1 Like

I use a lot of 316L and typically set my TCR on my evic vtc mini to somewhere between 140-150. I don’t chain vape though so I don’t run the risk of dry hits, but I do like the fact that it seems to heat up faster and better. If you chain vape I’d start at something like 100-120 and work your way up until it works for you. Pretty sure it’s supposed to be something like 098 but that is way too low for me.

1 Like

Advanced vapor supply is the brand name.

3 Likes

A good article on TCRs:

A handy chart:

6 Likes

Thanks. I’d be lost without you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks like I’m running outa time today to play the tc game. Tomorrow I’ll try inputting it into my new ipv5’s and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Two questions…

Is there a difference between ss316 and ss316L?

Second…it recommends a coil of 0.5ohm…what you are using 0.25 or 0.75?

I only ask because I am trying tc today on a 0.25 coil (that’s my build today in my velocity v2 clone).

One more question. Temp…hmmm I know it’s preferance…but is the normal range for ss316 380-420? Or 390-500?

1 Like

The L type is low carbon and is preferred due to higher temperature resistance. For my preference in temperature, I run 450℉ to 500℉ , but that is my personal likes… Some juices I like at 550℉ so play around with your favorite juices and find those sweet spots that suit you.

Hey, Phill…were you the one that 3D printed the Clapton Jig with extra spool holders on each side to wrap with multiple wires at a time???

1 Like

Is the tcr the then “L” the same as without?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think this changes the resistance of the coil.

SS316L has a 0.03% max carbon where as SS316 has a 0.08% max carbon. The low carbon in SS316L improves its ability to weld at high temperature. In a corrosive environment,SS316L used to minimize corrosion.

My coils in the velocity usually run between .25 and .30 ohms. I prefer the 26g wire. I’m currently running dual SS Claptons at 0.18 Ohms (26g/32g). My personal TC temp preference is 420 - 430. The juice you vape can also play a part in temp settings. You’ll have to play with it a bit and see what you like. Fruity or tobacco flavors are about 420 while the heavier creamy vapes may get bumped up to 460 or 480.

Hope that helps you some.

3 Likes

It does help, and hopefully someone down the road finds the posts and all the answers. Like they say in the little mermaid…“it’s a whole new world.”

I’m so far behind the curve on mods and building its funny when compared to my knowledge of mixing. I did everything ass backwards in the vape game. But my building skills I know will get better.

4 Likes

Yeah, they will. When I first started I was paranoid about coiling. I wouldn’t give up my Nautilus tanks and spent a fortune on coil heads. When you get frustrated, stop and get online and ask your question. This place is very forgiving and very giving. We’ll all help ya out.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s me. I’ll be releasing it soon in 3 different versions (1, 2, 3 spool holders). They will also include some swivels and spare grip ends etc. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

well, i’m your huckleberry…i want a triple, as soon as possible/available. i can shoot you some funds or send you bands or however you wanna do it. i’m guessing the release party indicates a sale happening, ay? what kinda prices? for those with Clapton Jogs already, will you be releasing spool holders only?

2 Likes