Stainless Steel Coil Method

Took me a few attempts but I got my aromaizer supreme up and running. I wish I had started building coils sooner.

Now I just need to do a side by side taste test to my crown prebuilt coils.

7 Likes

Conga-rats!

ā€¦and it has begun :v:

3 Likes

You will find that you can dial in your vape to your liking by experimenting with different builds, different wires and even different gauge wires. Plus you will save a bunch of money in the long run. My coils are easily lasting me a month or more by cleaning the coil and just replacing the wick regularly.

6 Likes

Joy I can tell you with great confidence that with the Theorem tank, it is not the Notch Coils that make this device so good. Let me tell you about my recent positive test experience with the Theorem and how it got even betterā€¦

I got my Theorem in the mail last week. The Notch Coil made a pretty tasty vape for me and I liked it. However, I didnā€™t get results that I couldnā€™t get just as well with some of my other devices. And here are some of my devices I have experience with; All kinds of sub ohm tanks, Kayfun, Oragin, VCMT 30MM, Kennedy, Velosity, Snap Dragon, Plume Veil,Derringer, Paradigm Magma to name a few.

Now after I decided to build the Theorem with SS Clapton Coils, the game changed up quite a bit. With a .2 ohm build at just 35 watts I had rich, thick flavorful clouds and it was like a whole new vaping experience. Now I wasnā€™t cloud chasing but the flavor is so intense. I was set back because I was not expecting that and I still cannot wrap my head around it.

I can only figure that itā€™s the way the spacing is between the air hole and the coil and also how close the drip tip is to the action is a big playing point.The way I have my coil position built, it is directly under the air hole. Really, Iā€™m not sure how this tiny device does so much flavor. ā€œHow I am I getting so much flavor from this really affordable device but not my expensive ones?ā€ was what I kept thinking. Itā€™s just a clever and successful design.But hey, it doesnā€™t really matter how it runs so well, itā€™s rocking out a stellar vape and Iā€™m enjoying the hell out of itā€¦

The only negative thing for me is that you cannot power vape it because it will heat up quickly and you have to let it cool or else youā€™ll cook your lips. But you donā€™t have to hit it hard to get a really flavorful hit. The tank only holds about 2 ml and surprisingly, it will use the liquid very quickly.Iā€™m guessing it would have to with how full a flavor it produces. But itā€™s quite easy to pop the top and fill it, you just have to be sure to have a needle tip to fill itā€¦

This is a great creation by Jay Bo and the only Wismec atomizing product I have and the only other thing of Wizmec I own is the Noisy Cricket. Love that thing to for my RDAā€™s. I will be looking a little closer at Wizmec products from now onā€¦

2 Likes

No hassle with the air flow disc CallMeTut and the Theorem is easy breakdown, easy builds and is great for testing flavors. I love this thing. Read my other post to Joy if you want.

How often do you change the wicks? Weekly? After 90mls? I know in generalā€¦some juices kill coils faster than others

Thatā€™s a main reason for the jump. Oh boy. FA Cocoa all day here I come.

It just depends how bad a juice gunks the coil. Some flavors get a coil dirty quick others seem to be sort of self cleaning. For the most part I judge that by the taste.

1 Like

Weno and bought some 26 gauge ud 316l today
Went home made 7 wraps around 2.5 mm put on my subtank plus rba which I have been using kanthal on same build on evic-VT in power mode read .4 ohms
Tried to dry burn with no cotton yet on second firing it melted at 30 watts
Anyone else seen this
Or am I the lucky recipient
Maybe stick to tc on my rx200 wismec
Or the new 213 segelie should be here Friday

Iā€™m new to using ss, Iā€™ve only done half a dozen simple coils (using both 26 and 28 gauge 316L) Iā€™ve fired them all and pinched them just like I would do with kanthal without issues, Iā€™m normally down at about 25 watts, but that shouldnā€™t be a differenceā€¦

First pulse new coil at 20watts. Once firing correctly move to desired wattage.

1 Like

I was spacing coils should I have done contact

I do both.

@Machinist2 did you have a short? Only time Iā€™ve had my wire melt was because it touched the side of deck. Treating SS like kanthal is pretty common. Same rules apply.

I will try again when I get off work making a big mechanical
Mod in lathe right now
18 tons worth
Lol
Thanks

10 Likes

Iā€™d have to agree with @zigz when doing TC, coils SHOULD be spaced, or you will have issues with TC. Mod bouncing out of TC mod into wattage mode, temperature not consistent. Use spaced coils, and I donā€™t have those issuesā€¦

Also, piece of simple common senses, but easy to forgetā€¦as you can bounce out of temperature control mode if there is a problem, if your MOD supports a separate saved wattage setting for power/wattage mode, MAKE sure itā€™s reasonable for your build/vaping. IE, you donā€™t want to leave wattage mode set to 200 watts, because while vaping if you bounce out of temperatue control mode into wattage mode, your coils will get 200 watts instantly while you are vaping! It happened to me ONCE, after I updated the firmware and did NOT realize it reset wattage mode to the default of MAXIMUM WATTS!!! Not a pleasant experience.

1 Like

Is it for Flavor Chasing or for Clouds Bitch? :slight_smile::+1:

5 Likes

Both
Needs big battery looking for one

4 Likes

Maybe theyā€™ll make a Lithium version on request?

8 Likes

I agree with everything Beaufort_Batches, except, I donā€™t need a needle tip to fill it. It all would depend if you have air lock at the wick holes.
I hope that people know the amount of cotton provided on the NotchCoil is way too much. The cotton only needs to extend about 1/2 way into the tank so the juice has less of a length to travel, and you will have more tank capacity. I trimmed mine a little thinner as they go into the holes also - to eliminate air lock issues. I can just pour juice anywhere inside the tank, and it will go down the hole that is located under the ceramic block which comes off automatically when you remove the top. The only special thing I do for this tank is to grab a rag or a tissue in order to get a better grip when I want to pull off the top. No - I would not want any ?sp Nerling there. It is just fine the way it is. The only suggestions I would offer would be that they provide another Delrin drip tip. I use a 1-inch long small bore glass drip tip on mine. I got it from a local vape store, so I cannot provide a photo. I am wondering what you are running yours at. Mine is running at 20 watts with a NotchCoil in single-coil mode at .24 ohms in Power mode on an EVic mini. I keep adding steeped Medicine Flower Caramel at 3% (that has 2% INW Caramel in it) andTPA Pear at 10% and INA Exotic Fruits at 3%. <That is how I mix the concentrates and keep them as single steeped flavors. In the tank, I put 20 drops of the MF Caramel mix, 3 drops of the Pear and 2 drops of the Exotic Fruits.

Edit - Forgot to mention, That amount of cotton does NOT require that you periodically turn the tank to re-wet the wick. I never do. Just do have the cotton touching the glass.

1 Like