Stainless Steel Coil Method

I tired to Clapton some 24/28 yesturday. Haha could only get about an inch and a half. Only enough for 2.5 wraps. Lol.

Gonna have to get me a swivel. Free hand I can see it being problematic for me.

1 Like

@Chrispdx You need to swivel… :grinning:

2 Likes

Try this I made 5 feet of 36g over 26g 316L fused Clapton the first time and it came out Perfect :+1:
https://youtu.be/_n0sqDGU1b0

2 Likes

Nice tight wraps on that, well done. :ok_hand:

Kidney Puncher 316L TCR = 880 if any one needs it for e-scribe

Designed something to help me manually wrap. Just waiting on some bolts!

13 Likes

Nice thats so cool @Phill :+1:

What kind of material is that?..And did you use a router to craft that?..Small disk fits inside wire spool…and big disk over it?..then you will bolt all together with the tightness of the nut creating a proper tension for wire release?..Nice engineering job…

1 Like

I 3D printed in PLA for the POC. Once I’ve checked it works (I don’t see why not) I’ll probably print some in ABS or PET-G.

You are correct it will bolt together. I’ll just need to test it with nylon washers etc.

Thinking about making a Clapton nozzle for it aswell.

2 Likes

Oh how I love technology. Tell me honestly…how many of you thought you’d ever hear the words “3D printed” and it be real life and not sci-fi? Not only is it real, but normal people have 3D printers and can make their own stuff. Crazy life.

Oh, and really neat idea and contraption @Phill. If it works out you should give everyone the plans so those with their own 3D printers or access to them can make one. :wink:

2 Likes

Next thing you know everyone will just 3D print their atomizers and coils.

Next 3D print the Godzilla Clapton zipper tooth and nail coil build.

3 Likes

Vape-knuckles - love it!

1 Like

Could you clarify your abbreviations, please?

1 Like

grades of plastic monofilament fiber raw material that becomes the object. Does that come in brass? :wink: you could flip someone off just before… you “wrapped their Clapton”

1 Like

POC = proof of concept

PLA, ABS, PET-G = types of plastic

Haha - multi tool!

Can do part metals and carbon fibre I think.

Perhaps this nut would be good to dial in your tension ?

1 Like

A modified version that doesn’t look so much like a sex aid.

Works like a charm!

8 Likes

Very nice work that phill. Looks like that would work a treat.
Can that nut tension that spool down so to have no run on?

1 Like

Yeah that’s correct. The proper bolts don’t come until tomorrow but I’m going to use nylon thread lock nuts to tension it up.

2 Likes