Stand alone steeping

Do stand alone mixes need to steep? For example; I just mixed up a batch of Butter Pecan, max VG, 8mg Nic. Do I need to let it steep for a couple weeks or is it good to go as a snv?

2 Likes

Yes, Some flavor profiles need time to mature. Even as a standalone. I am of the opinion that SFM require less time then more complex mixes, But yes

9 Likes

Go ahead and snv. See how it tastes and then try it at one week. To be honest, for most of my single flavor testers I normally steep for a week. I may not get the full potential, but it allows me the oppurutnity to learn about the flavor. And for even more honesty I often have fresh cream and marshmallow FA in my testers.

9 Likes

I agree with @Chrispdx , try it right away to see what it’s like. I always try to test new mixes (SA or not) within 24-48 hours just to see what it’s like fresh. But most likely it’ll improve with steeping (like most things do).

7 Likes

You must have been steeping for a while now…

1 Like

on 1st hand i would say that steeping is something personally… if you like your mix as a shake and vape then it’s fine… do it that way :slight_smile:

on 2nd thought is that no matter what the Vg/PG ratio steeping is always a good thing…imho and experience my mixes (70/30 VG/PG up to 90/10 vg/pg) i always see differences in taste while steeping them like 40days… after that they’re completely stable… even the STand Alone Flavor Mixes…

it’s just your choice…

gl and hf :slight_smile:

I am looking at the flavor profiles and see it has the single flavor percentages etc. I don’t see any steeping info on whether it should be steeped or not.

Any advice on if single flavors need steeping?

2 Likes

Perhaps a search in the forums (using the magnifying glass) and using keywords such as:

flavor name, brand, steeping

Eg: Bavarian tfa steeping

Or even more simple: steep time
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?context=topic&context_id=146510&q=steep%20time&skip_context=true

This turned up 50 results instantly. Several of which cover multiple flavors as a topic

4 Likes

This is only rouge estimate. Mint and menthol - Most of those I’ve used are good shake and vape but mellow and get smoother over time. Fruit and candy - are often S&V but will change over time either mellowing or a few will get stronger. Creams, coffee, tea and bakery - a few might be S&V but most are better with a week to a month steep. Custards - are usually best with over a month steep. I’ve heard differing views about tobacco, chocolate and nutty flavors but I don’t use them very much so I really shouldn’t advise.

Keep in mind this is a very simplified generalization. Many flavors act differently for different people.

3 Likes

Some chocolate will show nicely after a week but i usually leave it for 2. I don’t have much experience with nuts (except the crew who frequent elr) but the few I have made are a 3- 4 week wait.

5 Likes

I resent that comment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

No, love. You represent that comment, we all do. Including the voices in my head. :smirk:

6 Likes