Steeping juices and tasting them: question about pipette bulbs

Actually they were designed for the scientific realm to replace the old straw (using your mouth to suck up a sample in a glass tube) method of liquid transfer. Disposable are best used that way, one substance then disposed. I use them frequently and think it is a good method to transfer your liquids in small amounts.

2 Likes

Perhaps there is no perfect answer here. The more you read the worse it seems to get! This was interesting read for a quick search.

I personally store in plastic and glass. Larger amounts on concentrates are stored in glass with tightly sealed caps. Volatile concentrates are stored in 4 dram glass vials with tightly sealing caps. I transferred my recently acquired MF concentrates into the same glass vials. Right or wrong this works for me. my small Pipettes are used and pitched in the trash. I do use the larger 3ml pipettes for larger batches and again works good for me. Will be following along to see what others come up with.

2 Likes

I have to confess I am SO cheap i wash and reuse 1 cent disposable pipettes. I bought some low-cost dropper glass bottles and the rubber was crap. Now I basically mix in 120ml - 240ml brown glass and pour into 30ml Chubby Gorilla PET or HDPE bottle for the now. I have a buncha 30ml brown glass dropper bottles in a drawer somewhere.

3 Likes

Hell yeah buddy. I’m using the same glass wear for the last three years. It takes time to wash stuff…but I can spend more on flavors and gear.

3 Likes