Stop putting batteries in your pockets people

Another one. At least this time they explain it was a lose battery, in a pocket with change.
Not “e-cig explodes”

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca/news/3277002/calgary-man-has-warning-for-others-after-battery-explodes-in-his-pocket/amp/

9 Likes

knowledge is the key for proper use of any device. It is good that reasoning why it did happen and just didnt slam the device itself.

3 Likes

At least they blamed the real cause this time around, the lose battery together with change in his pocket.
I especially loved the following line:
“It was horrific and needless to say his vaping days are over.”

So i guess vaping is to blame for his stupidity and he therefore stop vaping. But i can’t stress this enough, “that stupidity” isn’t something he can quit unless he croaks.

7 Likes

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is permanent!

1 Like

I never really carry any of my devices in my pockets I carry them and set them on my seat next to me while driving! The only one I’ll occasionally slip in my pocket is my travel joyetech penguin with built in battery! Even that is rare! I don’t like scratches on my mods lol

2 Likes

I try not to either… makes my butt look big. :wink: :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol thx @VapeyMama that’s hilarious! :yum:

1 Like

I carry batteries in my pocket or in my fanny pack when I’m wearing it. And when I do keep them in a pocket they are secure in a case and in a pocket I don’t keep any change or keys in just in case the case fails.

I still crack up when I hear guys talking about their fanny packs. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, and don’t carry firecrackers and wooden stick matches in the same pocket either. Idjits.

1 Like

Don’t hate.

1 Like

That’s why purses with the phone pocket are so helpful, mod fits perfectly in there…as for batteries, there are plenty of colorful case options out there :wink:. Which is my cute way of saying…use a damn case.

3 Likes

How do you NOT notice a battery heating up in your pocket?!
I will admit, I did put a battery in my pocket, once, back when I first started using mods that didn’t have a built-in Li-po.
The courthouse has a rule that you must remove all batteries from vaping devices, unless it’s built-in (then you have to remove the atty), I guess to keep you from vaping in there.
I was renewing a license and while at the window, I could feel it heating up (it was hot running on my keys), needless to say I was quickly removing it from my pocket. It was stupid, but we all have momentary lapses of reason. As the deputy came running (yanking stuff from your pocket like a maniac, yelling “hot, hot, HOT!” tends to be frowned upon) I let them know what had happened and what can happen in that situation. They said “next time just leave your fake cigarette in the car.” I left mad at myself and mad at their bias. Now that same city has a no public vaping ordinance. I was cured of my ignorance, but they still suffer under the weight of their stupidity.

3 Likes

as long people are handling and having the idea of batteries as plain batteries and NOT as “cases with stored energy inside that needs special handling” these things will be happening unfortunately…

i really wonder if someone was trying to explain that batteries explode like grenades… energy stored inside a box and under certain conditions they produce extreme gass pressure and they explode if they would still starting to vape or they would throw away anything that comes with batteries :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like