Stop scraping e-liquid-recipes.com?

What happened to the site? Any recipe I try and go into it just is spammed with “Stop scraping e-liquid-recipes.com” over and over. Halp!

1 Like

It’s working just fine for me. Maybe your url has been misidentified as a scraper? I’ve never heard of this, so asking @daath seems appropriate.

3 Likes

I have a VPN on. That’s probably it…

1 Like

Links work fine for me. You should message @daath with your details through the recipie side.

1 Like

Looks like that’s it. I’m not even familiar with it, but searching the googles for VPN Falsley Accused of Scraping, I found this.

4 Likes

Maybe you can set an exception in your VPN software for e-liquid-recipes.com
There have been bad issues with people scraping the recipes, so now when too many requests come from a single IP address, I believe it gets automatically blacklisted and that’s when you see that message.

1 Like

A lot of VPNs are blocked automatically using the blacklists I have to use. The “Stop scraping”-message is one that I put in place for IPs that I have caught scraping the site. So if that is a VPN, someone just used a non-blacklisted VPN to scrape ELR :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

what is " scraping " mean??? just curious

2 Likes

We on Discord scrap the crap out of it :rofl:

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes It’s when large amounts of data are extracted from a website also known as harvesting. This can be saved to a local file.

3 Likes

oh for what ??? like taking recipes ??

2 Likes

Yes. Most scraping/harvesting is done using scripts, and can have a serious impact on server/website performance, not to mention the data loss/copying/capture that occurs.

3 Likes

Yeah, thanks everyone, false alarm. It works fine when I turn the VPN off. Thank God! Idk what I’d do without this website!

7 Likes

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that to lars. When we post a recipe link to chat now we get the stop scrapping message in place of the recipe field. That doesnt happen when using the .elr/t triggers tho.

3 Likes