Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

Great big thread already for this :+1:

@JoJo or @Ken_O_Where merge please?

3 Likes

Okay thank you. I will try to merge it. I’m new so provide me with some time.

3 Likes

No worries…only the moderators can merge. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you MisterSinner. I appreciate it! :hibiscus:

3 Likes

My pleasure. Didn’t want you to miss out on some great ideas on that thread :boom:

4 Likes

That’s cause some people have so many flavours they’ll need at least 10 fridges and will have to look for a bigger house. Who said vaping was cheaper? :laughing:
Cool and dark is usually sufficient so a basement or any other cool place will do.

4 Likes

Thank you @Josephine_van_Rijn. I totally get it. My friend @Norseman knows a gentleman who has 700 + flavors. So I would image that someones fridge could look like a candy store!

Cool, dry and dark place. Check and check!

2 Likes

One persons candy store is another persons dungeon… ohhh… did I say that out loud??? Then again, maybe I said that backwards… one persons dungeon is another persons…

8 Likes

@Leilani
I keep looking at the nail polish racks but I already need to get my flavors in the small bar fridge as summers blast furnace heat is almost here and they’d take up simply to much space in that configuration.

So far the See’s candy boxes with dividers hot glued in is working the best for fast finding and minimal storage space.

4 Likes

One persons dungeon is another persons playground :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Oh that is a good idea. I would not have thought to hot glue them down like that. Hmmm. I need to tap into my creative brain and think. I see that tons of people use so many different means of storing and this is definitely a good one. You can stack them and label the sides to save space if you don’t want to buy the nail polish racks.

I think nail polish racks are pretty nifty though. That and makeup boxes as suggested by @Jenny1978.

4 Likes

I have the same system my bottles are numbered and did a spread sheet with the flavor name
and bottle numbers makes it so much easier to find the bottles

6 Likes

Found something to do with an old cabinet.

11 Likes

Nice set up there!
Quick note… Is there sunlight that shines on your (flavor?) bottles? If there is be sure to move them since sunlight can definitely make flavors fade away.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I usually have that window covered to keep it dark down here. I just needed light for the picture. I keep the flavor concentrates out of sunlight. The stuff on top are recipes I mixed when I first started that I need to dump. I wasted a lot of supplies at first. Since then I ordered some 10 ml bottles, and make small batches first.

6 Likes

I want to get some type of racks for the flavors.

3 Likes

Cool. NP just looking out. :wink:

Oh honey…lol I totally feel ya there. btdt. I think just about everyone here knows that feeling!!

4 Likes

Definitely helpful. I’m about to move all of my diy stuff into my new “vape office” (squee!!) and I think I’m going to hang all my racks up on the wall. The more organized you can be, the faster you can mix shit tons of juice!! :grin:

7 Likes

The “mixing deck” is rather small so I have to clean up after every recipe. That’s because I hated how my place looked like the Breaking Bad RV. There were clusters of small bottles everywhere, looking like some kind of weird fungus was spreading around the place…

The orange TEA-box used to hold all of Tom’s E-juice Aromas a long time ago. Well, it seems a long time ago but it was last year really. Now it can only hold my TPA 10mls :blush:

I don’t see many people rebottling their aromas into glass bottles. It’s a bit of work initially but well worth it, especially if you live in a warm climate. My house used to smell like a candy shop named Happy Little Accidents but now people barely notice anything beyond the smell of whatever I’m chain vaping atm. Brown glass and good caps with an LDPD inlay really keep contents inside.

If I store finished liquids in those, they will not “steep” at all and remain as pale as a fresh batch. (Since steeping is a process that doesn’t need air or light, it’s probably the breathing that does the biggest part of the ripening process). The reason I’m mentioning this while we’re talking aroma storage is because it illustrates the difference of glass vs plastic quite well:

10 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn nailed it, just too many damn flavors !!!

2 Likes