Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

What kinds of organizational implements (shelves, cases, etc) would any of you recommend to start me out? I would like a place to store about 50 (and growing) 15-30mls, my VG, Nic, Scale, etc…

I’m an Amazon addict, but I am trying to keep on a budget, so if you have any ideas for me, or things you used or use that work well, I would really appreciate the help!

I see how much work goes into this and that I’m not just mixing up liquids. So I know that I just don’t know enough to know what I need!

If you were me, would you go with a clear acrylic set of small shelves and drawers meant for makeup, or a train case/box?

I feel so dumb. But I have invested a lot of money so far to have everything tipping over and getting gunky in a cardboard box! Haha!

Thanks All. :heart:

2 Likes

Search amazon for nail polish shelves or ebay - they are great for organization

8 Likes

for now

wall shelves material bought at home depot

nail polish bottle rack for 15ml bottles got from dollar general for $1 each

magnetic bar got from harbor freight for free with coupon.

5 Likes

That’s amazing. I won’t be anywhere near that organized- I don’t have the space! I am definitely going to be checking out dollar general!

So I have a question- how many flavors that you DIY do you vape daily?

I’m laughing at myself because I’m a month in and have about 45 bottles of concentrate, but all I vape is my one cereal ADV! :joy:

That could be because I am still trying to make that one flavor work though. Haha.

Hopefully once I get the hang of it and have a setup even a tenth as glorious as yours, I’ll try some new flavors!

1 Like

Did that, kind of want something that I can shut and put up? I live in a small apartment! Haha. Recommend a toolbox or tackle box? Maybe if I hit up the dollar store I’ll find the little shelves and can somehow work them into a plastic cosmetic case or something.

Making room for my scale, beakers, etc., Now reading about agitators and heaters?! Does heat really do anything other than thin out VG and let stuff blend well initially? One guy said I should give my recipe a hot bath to mellow it out. I see that folks also make heater/fans… I’m so amazed by the ingenuity.

Point is, do I need to make room for a slow cooker?! :joy: I can’t even cook! Kidding, but that would be later if at all, no? Just thinking what I need size Wise.

Thanks so much for the help so far!

1 Like

You can use the trays flat on draw runners and put them in a small cabinet (depending on how handy you or a helper is).

I used to use the nail polish racks as drawers in a fridge I now make my own drawers from aluminum.

Fridges 1-3 are in this thread

As for everything else it is going to depend on how far down the hole you fall and the space you have to work with. Heat will help a mix homogenize but too much heat can kill your mix - for now I would rely on shaking well and a a bit of time.

3 Likes

Depends on my mood and what tank I take to work. but I vape 30-60 ml a day

when compared to others i think I probably have one of the smallest rabbit holes. but that’s the beauty of this hobby it doesn’t mater whos is bigger. all that maters is that you have fun and enjoy yourself.

short answer:
no you don’t need to make room . you can rely on shaking and steeping over time

long answer
depends on who you ask. kind of reminds me of politics. you got your

Republicans (Pro heat)
Democrats ( Anti-Heat)
Liberals (can go either way)

me I’m republican. I started out using my k-cup coffee maker to heat water. then after mixing id set my mix in the heated water to heat it up . then give it one final mix or shake and then put it on the shelf and let sit until ready.

take your time, explore the forums read up and make your own choice later on.

4 Likes

Wow… Swoon… I’ve been on Amazon for two weeks trying to find a storage solution for my concentrates. I’ve still had no luck. I’m a really great shopper, too! What’s the name of your little cabinet, if you recall? Any advice for search terms? So far all I can get is nail polish storage in train cases that cost $120. And I’ve just invested quite handsomely in flavorings! :joy:

2 Likes

I do not have the space for a separate room or shelves etc. I use one of these for main stuff and totes for seldom used items.

https://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/quot-ike-quot-multiloader.aspx
You can find them cheaper at other re-sellers like WalMart

4 Likes

1 Like

It’s the doctor!

1 Like

This is me exactly here. I have you by almost a month though. It’s either too many choices or my growing stash is changing up the way I think. I’m sure your eyes have crossed over like mine. Lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, now that’s just smart. I was thinking of putting colours on the lids to differentiate them by letter or brand, but your way is more efficient and easy to add on to. Thanks for posting this. :slight_smile: I’m a newb here. Lol

2 Likes

It just makes it a breeze to find and fetch my flavorings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know what… I’m delving into that, I am a republican/liberal… :joy:
A mate of mine and I had a discussion about the Maillard reaction at low temperatures on our mixes, after probably too many beers, but it definitely is food for thoughts.

P.S. Yes you’re right, I’m one of those BBQ fanatics.

2 Likes

I don’t believe it happens in juice (of course i have been wrong before and no doubt will be again). For a Maillard reaction to occur there must be the presence of sugar. I believe that what we see in juice (colour change etc) is simply oxidation of either nic or flavours.

9 Likes

As I said: “after too many beers” but… we have glicoles… basically it’s sugars, it can happen at low temps… (have to study about that, tipically it’s from 140 to 160°C but I read somewhere that can happen around 60°C) and the discussion went on about tastes, steeping etc… the question was mainly: What if…
You know us mixers…
But probably it was just one beer too many…

3 Likes

Here’s my set up. All you need is a 2x4, 1x6 and a couple screws. I positioned my steps to accommodate 2 x 15 ml bottles or 1 x 120 ml bottle with ease. The 1 x 6 end caps just provide stability… if your steps aren’t as deep or you put a bit of scrap 2x4 on the back (kick stand) you should be good to go.

14 Likes

I use one of these to keep a lot of my mixing supplies in and off my desk space. I don’t have a lot of room either. The trays are a little deep for storing flavorings and still being able to read labels but are roomy enough to hold trays of liquids and still keep them handy. Fits right next to my desk and takes up almost no room for $30.

8 Likes

I’m using one also. On wheels what else can you ask for. I’ve also got this one…

4 Likes