Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

Storage is always a work in progress. Right now I’m using boxes, zip locks and strawberry trays. All are easily removed and put away.

7 Likes

Yes, That is me.

4 Likes

Yes I see now lol … Ive watched the down under show a couple time … Tamberina threw me off

5 Likes

Yes, I never changed my Forum Name. I need to do that. :smiley:

5 Likes

LOL that looks just like mine! Tell her that it is “organized chaos”.

3 Likes

Organized chaos does not even start to describe it. Lol. All 4 walls are covered in flavors. The other night i was tired and sitting in my room, I had this thought, any minute I am going to have the attack of killer flavors. :joy:

7 Likes

Amazing organizer :+1:

4 Likes

My better half fixed me up a 1940? era cylinder inspection light assembly, borescope style wooden box. I’ll have to get a picture later but I thought it was pretty neat. It’s more than likely a borescope for guns since it’s military. :-):star_struck:

5 Likes

Oops! sorry for the belated reply.(I’m saying this all over the place, having been off the forum for a while) .

The crucial difference might be that you’re American and i’m British; and that baby was made in Britain IIRC. That said, i found that and some similar items using the search term “Apothecary chest” . If it’s anything like over here, you’ll get some big, and horribly expensive chests with that term, but also some baby chests like mine.

Measure your bottles and pay close attention to internal dimensions of the drawers, cos the thickness of the wood can make a crucial difference. I found that most drawers in most of the little chests were just not deep* enough.

*EDIT: shoulda probably said, not high enough, to avoid confusion, but when I look down into a drawer, that “height” looks like depth to me! (and hey! what if i accidentally flooded the drawer with spilled e-juice. it would surely be depth then wouldn’t it? :crazy_face: )

6 Likes

Used some cardboard. Every flavor has its own slot which is stored in the recipes. Simple but it works.

8 Likes

What if you need one of those flavors for another recipe…then what box do you put it in?

5 Likes

Bump may maybe in order.

2 Likes

you got me beat lol nice set up

2 Likes

I just bought these to store my flavors and/or vape hardware. I like to keep my stuff portable. I don’t deticate a room or part of a room for Hobby’s, I keep my stuff in the master closet and move it wherever I decide at the time. Up to now I’ve kept my flavors, scale, beaker, a small working portion of nic, vg, and pg in a carry on luggage bag. This works fine for me, especially if I want to mix a little at the end of my day at work but I’ve outgrow it and it’s time to return the luggage back to its set.

10 Likes

Excellent idea. I have 5 CD size boxes that I store mine in, in a locked cabinet in the basement. I like the idea of the sticker dots and ID’ing the flavours with a number index. :grinning:

4 Likes

I got those storage cases as well,but can’t find them anymore or got very expensive, got two cases that have got like 4 of those as drawers,but now I can’t find the whole case with 4 drawers for less then 60$ so I had to buy 4 cheap cases and just stack them on the top of each other, properly labeled… but it was nice to just pick it up and have 4 drawers full of flavs…

4 Likes

I got them at Harbor freight tools

9 Likes

You know what @JiM210, when I first started mixing, I started out with those. Neat, organized, and you could clip them together. For my mixing style (and hoard) having to pack everything back up and then back out, turned out to not work out great, but mostly due to my flavor stash.

What they DID work out for me was mods, tanks, coils, etc.

That price is really good for them.

6 Likes

I use acrylic racks mounted to the wall for my flavor concentrates…

and a small 12 drawer organiser for syringes and other mixing odds and ends.

10 Likes

I really like these and have used them for 4 years. I have gotten pretty good with them…and strangely know the general area of each flavor. But for me it only makes sense since I like everything packed up after mixing.

5 Likes