Strawberry / Sweet Cream Recipe - No flavour?

I have ran into a problem I mixed up some strawberry and sweet cream followed the recipe to the letter it call’s for 2.4 strawberry and 2.4 sweet cream I then put the finish product in the crock pot for 2 hrs. and cut it off.Now I can"nt tast any thing really.So I bumped it up .6 on each flavor and still not good .All of my recipes (well yours) have turned out killer good but I’m stuck on this one hoping the vaping community can throw me a bone and tell me what am I doing wrong thanks guy’s hope you all have a great day.

2 Likes

Can you give the exact recipe or at least the make of flavour e.g. TFA, FA etc

1 Like

Hi I think that 2.4 of sweet cream is overtaking the strawberry. If you can show us the recipe. I’d say that if your current recipe doesn’t already have SB TFA ( regular one ) then add it in at 6% but ultimately that cream will be all you taste once it steeps further. Just my thoughts.

4 Likes

@Amy2 is absolutely right ime , as a matter of fact amy and i use to have discussions about too much cream in my recipes ( i use to cream them to death ) still do sometimes lol but have caught myself

4 Likes

It’s exactly 2.4 SB ripe,2.4 sweet cream thanks guys I"ll add 6% tfa and keep the cream @2.4 correct? thanks guys

both are @ 8% so I will drop sweet cream to 1% and try what do ya think?

will try after I get sewn up,some guy @ kmart tried to rob me and take my weapon,did"nt work out for him.did"nt think I needed stitches but wife insists see you guy’s tomorrow

Amy2 thanks for your help along with the other gentlemen,i remixed last night this is my starting point now 2.4 S.B. ripe and 0.90 sweet cream.crock pot for 2hrs. set over night.my question is should I just leave it alone for a period of time? or I am hoping the crock pot was a fast steeper I can taste SB real well with a hint of SC what do ya think thanks for your support don:nt know what I would do with out you guy’s help.Another thingthere is a vape store not far from me and when they mix it is in drops and the flavors are excellent right out of the bottle I just wonder what is there secret do theysteep there concentrates or what I can not figure this one out thank you amy have a good day

1 Like

You will find that most creams will need at least 2 weeks to really develop you can taste them a little right away but time is the only answer really. Some say that if you make a flavour base and then mix it the steep time is shorter but I cant imagine it being much of a short cut but it may be something you can experiment with.

3 Likes

can you answer the other part of my question about a vape store that has flavors that you can vape right away.Do they steep there concentrates to pull out the flavor?also when I first started mixing I used plastic bottles in the crock pot @ around 120 for 2hrs.and they turned also had a strawberry custard cream that I done that way and it turned out better than I thought.glass bottles don"nt turn they just stay clear.there is a lot I have to learn and I would like to thank the vaping community for all there help,can you help answer these questions for me

1 Like

It is a hot topic and a constant debate about Millard reaction, speed steeping methods and there are wildly differing points of view.
I am sorry I cannot help you with what the vape store is doing but I will say that there are a lot of flavours that can be vaped straight away the question is are they are their best straight away? I would say no.

Crock pot steeping, usc steeping, microwave steeping, warm water bath steeping are all doable and will create some oxidisation of nic (Millard reaction colour change) does this equate to steeped juice? In my opinion no. But for every one person that agrees with me there is one that doesn’t.

What you have to do is find a method you are happy with to make the best juice for you. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

1 Like

Sorry I was busy today and just seen this now. I’d agree w/ @woftam he did very well answering ( thank you)

Crock pot is said to speed up the steep but nothing really replaces time that is what steeps our juices regardless of what we want. I do heat but only for a quick 10-15 minutes enough to thin the vg in the mix and then I either spin it on my magnetic mixer or shake it by hand. Then again certain things do not get heated at all for instance Chocolates don’t get heated.

I wish I could tell you that drops were the way to go but I would be wrong , thing is it’s the least accurate way since each drop is just counted not measured or weighed like using volume or weight mixing. Many things can differ w/ mixing by drops think about each time you finish a bottle now you have a new bottle now you need to count out 1 ml to see how many drops are in 1 ml luckily most standard bottles drop around the same amount 0.20 grams so this tells me that most manufacturers are using the same needle nose tip.

I bet the vape shop is adding a sweetener regardless of what they say.

I also only add nicotine after my juices have steeped another highly debated topic.

3 Likes

Hows this working out for you?

2 Likes

i do the same thing , i feel it gives the juice a fresher taste longer , i use nic select nic and when i use to steep with nic for long periods id eventually be able to taste a bit of the nicotine which im not a fan of , by leaving the nic out until ready to vape i feel it taste better longer it was actually amy who steered me in this direction ( steeping without nic )

1 Like

It works well since I steep everything for a month anyhow. The last 2 weeks I have been nicotine free so it’s really great I have all kinds of stuff made up that’s all ready to go since I used to add the nicotine right before I vaped it.

4 Likes

Sweet Cream is overtaking SB Ripe, while ripe at 2.4% is really really low imho… i would never use SB ripe under 6% while imho SBRipe while steeping is getting kinda wick… i would raise it at 8% but that’s just my opinion… :slight_smile:

gl and hf :slight_smile: