STRAWBERRY tastes awful

Would appreciate other peoples experiance with chasing a perfect strawberry cream diy mix. Thanks people

2 Likes

That’s a lot of cream going on, how long did you steep it for?

4 Likes

Hi Spaceman, Im knew here also and can not help much other than saying take a look here
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources at the guide to mixing perfect recipes, and maybe also look at the recipe page here http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=strawberry&missing=0&exclsingle=0&adaptedfrom=&sort=score&direction=desc and compare percentages and steep times?

Anyway its a start until someone knowlegable answers

Good luck and welcome

2 Likes

Hi Spaceman,
I’m still very new to mixing, but the problem of getting a juice that knew the strawberry was just like yours. I made many of the strawberry recipes that are in the forum, to the point of having practically all the aromas of strawberry, and one day I made this recipe and it was the Boom …

finally a juice that my taste buds found the taste so sought after. … by my short experience, this feeling of a certain flavor, is not an exact science, because as is customary to read, the taste of each is subjective!
I hope I could help … :wink:

3 Likes

Without even looking at the rest of the recipe.

If the “PERFECT STRAWBERRY” is capella sweet strawberry with tfa strawberry ripe. I don’t want to taste strawberry ever again. Capella sweet strawberry isn’t a flavor i like and certainly not one that reminds me of a strawberry but each to their own. I find it more a chemical candy like flavor that maybe at low percentages can be used in candy like or jam like recipes but seeing it used at 5% makes me want to vommit.

Now on a different note why do people insist on reinventing the wheel? Strawberries and cream has been done so many times by now, why try again from such very rough numbers? Wouldn’t it be easier to find 1 you like and then adjust to taste for example add 0.2% strawberry ripe if you find the strawberry a little to underpowered or something.

7 Likes

There are a few topics on Strawberry already:

And a lot of recipes on the site for strawberry/cream/milk/etc.

7 Likes

Hi All, sorry been a mental afternoon with the kids. Thanks for all the replies - got some new things I’m going to try and will keep you all posted on the outcome. Also I steeped this e juice for 3 weeks and it still tastes awful, so put it in a draw and will come back to it in the hope it tastes amazing. Ha! Thanks again for the input people

1 Like

I usually go 3% CAP Sweet Strawberry with 2% TPA Strawberry Ripe. Add 2% TPA Marshmallow and 0.50% Super Sweet for a good simple sweet Stawberry vape.

2 Likes

Thanks for that I’m going to try that out tonight - how long do you let it steep for and do you let it breathe at all?? Thanks

1 Like

@Amy2 is the strawberry queen!
If there’s anything to know about strawberries, in fact flavourings full stop, the she’s your go to!

4 Likes

You can shake and vape. Does get better after a few days. You can let it breathe with the cap off for a hour or so, but it is not necessary.

2 Likes

i have made 2 similar recipes… taste was kinda bad on first first month… though i tried it after several months and everything was great… i would suggest you check your flavors one by one… the combination you used is fine in general :slight_smile: you still haven’t mentioned how long did you steeped :stuck_out_tongue:

my strawberry works like this
SB ripe (TPA) 3%
Sweet SB (CAP) 4%
Shisha Strawberry (INW) 2%
Strawberry TFA 4%
flavor total: 13%

if you want some good cream around you could go (just imho) with like 3% Bavarian Cream (Tpa) 2% Malted Milk (Tpa) though the strawberry presence will be very strong :wink: gl and hf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to chime in and say the Malted Milk is amazing with hints of cream and cookie a bit smoother than Cheesecake graham cracker, and seems to have less tart and a tad of sweet. A really nice flavor profile that has fantastic potential…

2 Likes

Agreed on Malted Milk.

Funny story… It was one of the first flavors I ever bought. I hurried through and threw a bunch of different ones into the cart (this is when I assumed any concentrate would be a good vape as a standalone). I didn’t pay close enough attention and assumed it was Malted Milk Ball candy. I whipped up a bottle at 15% and was unpleasantly surprised to find that I had just made mozzarella cheese juice. That was my first DIY mixing lesson right there.

6 Likes

My biscuit base goes like this:

caramel (original) tpa 3%
malted milk tpa 1.5%
sweet cream tpa 2%
vanilla swirl tpa 3%
biscuit inw 1%
VG/PG 70/30
flavor total: 10,5%

probably you could think like :
but 1% just biscuit? you’re kidding me?
creams and caramel aren’t strong or whatever, they’re more intended to give a nice feeling to the biscuit itself… but as i said this is just a base, you have TONZ and TONZ of choices for additions on this… you can add more creams, Fruits, spices or whatever you wish sir… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for this defiantly going to try this mix - need to get my hands on the INW strawberry as reading alot of threads and everyone seems to mention this!..

2 Likes

With regard to the malted milk what’s your cream base recipes and percentages for this people??? Also steep times? Thanks again everyone for your help, extremely useful info :+1:

2 Likes

i am not really a fun of Shisha strawberry (INW) as stand alone… though it suits very well in the profile to complete all the others… probably searching the ELR you will find tonz of strawberry recipes etc… though for making a good strawberry the only sure thing is that you will need like 3-4 different strawberries and at the right percentages you will make a a good one :slight_smile:

Strawberry Ripe adds some tartness in general and a little sensation of a ripe strawberry, though in time it’s losing it’s strength and leaves just tartness behind…
Strawberry Sweet alone is very sweet, gives the taste of a very sweet strawberry as it’s title says
Strawberry (TPA) gives just a nice strawberry flavor…

then Shisha Strawberry comes to fullfull all the rest of tones missing in the rest ones :slight_smile: though some people say that this is the best stand alone strawberry flavor, but oh well… all this is a matter of taste…

a recipe that i use this is this one… combining it with Cinnamon Red Hots (TPA)

4 Likes

Been looking for a way to get the Cinnamon Red Hot into a mix, thanks! I’ll have to adjust to sub out the Shisha though (don’t have it).

2 Likes

yes, that cinnamon is a nasty flavor to work with BUT it you want my opinnion it’s a great one when you will find how to work with it for real…

the general tips i could give you about this flavor are:
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER over 3,5% NEVER!!! did i say NEVER? even at 3,5 in a big puff it’s like getting a kick in the throat from an elephant or something like that… some people that suggest this thing at like 10 and 15% i could only imagine that are andrenaline junkies and want to live dangerously :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: lol

it’s flavor profile is special!!! it’s caramel BUT it doesn’t suit with caramels or other cinnamons or creams well… BUT BUT!!! hrmmm in low percentages (like 1% up to 3%) can be used pretty well with fruits… Sour, Sweeteners, and in some cases with biscuit

and something last… give it some time… like at least 1 week steeping… before that it kicks pretty hard on the throat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like