Substitute Pyure for sucralose

I do not have any experience with Pyure, so I want to make some recipes according to its creator, and eventual compare with Flavorah Sweetness.
Which I also intend to acquire!

Edit: Last year I ordered a Pyure flask, and I only used it once … I do not even remember the result. :neutral_face:

I don’t like the flavor of sweetener so very rarely use it.
Would be very interested in Stevia if it tasted ‘Pyure’.

I also do not like liquids much sweetness, but it is true that some lose their magic if they are not something sweet …

Changes to products, without warning, and possibly quality control…
is why I make many things myself.
Made with pure stevia powder…

4 Likes

You were the one with the two Stevia bottles i couldn’t remember who was!

Sorry for not giving you credit. :disappointed_relieved:

Is it just me or does the liquid look very thick and non see through?

Do you have the recipe up on ELR where people could possibly throw you a rating? :slight_smile:

Thank you dearly, but I don’t need ‘credits’ or kudos…maybe a hug, eh? [but not for posting]

It is thick, looks like milk in the % I use and the all VG base. One -two teaspoons of pure
stevia powder to 25ml of VG. Stirred on mag-mix for about an hour. May vary slightly, just
depends on how I feel at the time, but a bottle lasts a long time. The ACV/Lime mix is a bit thinner.

Sorry, though, made all my recipes private after the [_____] a couple folks felt to award me, and
so shall it remain. Once in a while I hatch from my cocoon and post a snip-it, usually privately.
I had no problem sharing, and did so with pleasure, long before ELR was launched [thank you Lars @daath ,
best vape forum on earth]. I made juice for my neighbors shop since 2010, and the rude copycat
crap interfered with his business with obscene and hateful twits,tweets,grams, posts, mails, etc.
Granted , most of my recipes were on e-juice-me-up because ELR was still in the womb AFAIK, but it began to
carry over to here. My juice/recipes have always been made with magnetic stirrers because I have used them for so many things for over 50yrs in my own lab/profession. I would bet I was the first to use them for e-juice.
I enjoy sharing information and experiences, but I will not tolerate being cursed, and it will never happen to my face…but some think they are superior online and are the coolest monkeys in the cage [sorry, primates].

My rant is unnecessary, but it is me, and I will continue to be. Too old to change, eh?

From my old friend , Chris [Jerry Jeff]

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. @ozo

People can be dicks.

Thanks for the link and recipe! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What percentage do you guys use the pyure at? I think I want to try it. Thanks

3 Likes

I do .5% usually. You don’t need much.

If you do decide to go with Pyure. It is already in the flavor list as Liquid Stevia (Pyure)

3 Likes

Thanks I read the notes but nice to get user feedback! I appreciate it @MisterSinner ! Does it give you that super sweet taste that sweeter store bought juice gives?

3 Likes

No prob. Def not that super sweet artificial taste. At least for me. It’s smoother in my opinion. It doesn’t gunk up the coils like the commercial stuff either.

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch been working on some recipe remixes and just can’t quite match the sweetness even using tfa sweetner at 2./. Which is crazy high imo, but won’t find it unless I keep trying variations. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Having used pyure for the longest time (old formula), and grabbing a bottle of the new one, is and was a fully different experience.

Not only did they remove the preservatives (in this case citric and malic acid) which was one of the reasons, I used to use this for my fruit mixes, but nowadays it does form weird white flakes inside the bottle. Those do nearly look like coconut flakes, even shaking the bottle or heating it, did not get rid of it at least in my case.

Third and my last reasoning for not using it, the aftertaste. Prior this didn’t have a aftertaste with the acids in it, now it’s bitter and does have a slight “moldy” touch too it.
It also doesn’t “burn” clean as it did prior.

Sure in comparison to tpa sweetener, caps sweetener or any other sucralose/EM based sweeteners out on the market, it will be cleaner but compared to other stevias or even old formula, its noticeable.

I think personally that if you make your own, like linked above, this will be a great solution. But if wanting to go with the pyrue brand, I don’t recommend it. Especially since they do have more than one product and the labels seem to vary month by month lol.

Personally I switched to Sweetness by Flavorah. I’m not saying this because I’m affiliated or anything, and to be quite honest it’s a freaking expensive brand, especially if we are looking at just sweetener. But in this case worth the money in my opinion, it burns clean and has no after taste.

Very little is needed, 0.15% makes stuff ultra sweet already, 0.35% is close to cloying sweet, 0.5% I used it once that high, commercial juices looked like the step child in comparison…never used it that high again lol.

I have not checked the sheet, but I’m certain it’s stevia, at least it performs just the same or a mix of stevia and erythritol. Still it is a different “sweetness/taste” than sucralose will be, but that should be common sense. In in my opinion, it does compare very well if not a bit better, too the old pyure without the preservatives, but based on cleanliness and sweetness. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

As you may know I’m on the FLV train now and your experience with the FLV Sweetness have been “bookmarked”. Thanks @eStorm, every little “nugget” helps. :+1:

1 Like

I think Sucralose is one of the best sweeteners for Vaping, but I stopped using it long ago …couldn’t afford all that cotton :wink:

Now I use Better Stevia Glycerite NowFoods which is just Organic Stevia in PG. I found it in the Health Food section of an upscale Grocery store in the Protein Powder section (for making smoothies), but you can get it online. 0.50% is lip smacking sweet and I use it from 0.25% to 0.40% Does not need refrigeration. My bottle is like 3 years old and I use it all the time. I have never seen Pyure in any store …which seems weird, but I don’t make the kind of fruity vapes that the original formula apparently “popped” (preservative acids).

2 Likes

My experiences with stevia aren’t so great. I’ve never experimented with Pyrue or other stevia based sweeteners but I do have a couple flavors that have stevia in it (like Strawberry Kiwi (Stevia) (CAP)) and just like the stevia that’s meant to sweeten drinks, I always get a nasty aftertaste from it.
That sweetener from FLV, does it have the same “problem” or do you really get nothing at all of that? Also, is it a sweetener that works with everything, including custards and cookies or just fruits?

2 Likes