Suggestions for "Mid" range Tank

Lol…that’s 2 votes for the mini. I started writing before Shaner posted. I 2nd Shaner lol.

2 Likes

I think it’s my problem, I wouldn’t say there is a trick to it, but I just can’t get it right for some reason.
The Subtank is nice, I bought one then gave it to my step daughter, later while on business in Boston I went and decided to try it again and bought the mini. I’ve been re-wicking the coils for my step daughters tank and she loves it. I wish I kept it instead of giving it away. the mini gets some leaking issues around the lower seal occasionally, I’m probably too rough on tanks is the problem.

1 Like

sorry guys I redact that comment, I did hear it a few times but to say it counts me out was a bit far
That is my quote not @Shaner’s btw

My girls tank has never once leaked. Everything about her tank top notch. Of course IMO.

1 Like

Shaner o you use OCC or RBA. If you build the what do you think thee lowest ohm coil would be. Reason being if I could build a 0.3 I’d buy that tank myself.

I was just thinking. You said that you had the Crown Sub Tank. They make a 1.2 coil and a 0.5 coil. That’s midrange enough for me.

Yeah and I have the .5 coil but not the single. I just prefer to leave my crown on the TC/.25 coil and not have to switch out my coils all the time. I prefer to have the ease of just grabbing a tank from my little case like I do now. I’ll pull out my crown when I want a lite vape or the crown when I want the heavy nice tastin clouds and then have that mid for everything in between :wink:

There’s a wee bit of laziness in there somewhere…

I use the RBA. RIght now I have a 0.21 Ti coil in it on my eVic VT. Works great :smile:

1 Like

I’ve kinda narrowed it down to the mini or atlantis I’m thinkin… Finding the best price may be the deciding factor. I don’t really need to try and find “the best” or “hottest” tank for I feel the crown fills that category. Just a good solid dependable tank

The atlantis has issues. They came out with the v2 to fix the complaints they were getting from people that bought the atlantis.

Yeah that’s the one I meant to reference, I just shortened it

If you get the V2 I would suggest if your using OCC coils to buy Aspire brand. The juice ports are twice as large as the generics.

1 Like

Just to throw one more opinion at you, I have a Subtank Mini and I love it, but I do have some seeping issues. It tends to get a little bit between the AFC and the glass. From what I’ve heard, it is an O-ring issue that can be solved with a slightly thicker o-ring. I haven’t bothered yet because I don’t care that much and it’s usually only an issue if I lay it down after vaping on it for awhile. I rebuild the coils for mine with SS and I haven’t gotten the wicking 100% yet, but they’re pretty easy to rebuild. I don’t use the RBA head. the one I have has the teeny tiny juice channels at the bottom that just don’t wick right so it’s burn hit city. Once I can get some holes drilled in it, I’ll probably use it more.

If you want to try one out but don’t want to commit to too much money and you’re willing to wait for it to come, you can get an STM base (in different colors/styles) for $5-6, an acrylic bell cap in about any color and size you want for about $2, and a pack of coils for about $10 from Fasttech. You’ll just need a drip tip. Keep in mind the bell caps are acrylic so don’t use any seriously tank cracking juice with them. :wink:

1 Like

The RBA that came with my Subox Mini kit had the new RBA design with the large juice hole on the sides. It wicks great, and is interchangeable the the original version. I just ordered (3) authentic version 2 RBA heads from fasttech for like $2 each. I will be retiring the originals.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot everyone! I have some things to consider obviously and I’ll start getting into the whole RBA thing with this new tank (even though I’m slightly intimidated after looking through the Coil show off thread!)
I’ll let ya know what I decide, for I am sure I’ll need some assistance on rebuilds once I do :wink:

I use a Innokin I Sub G as my go to for work. Run it around 23 to 28 watts with no dry hits and no spit back. Flavor is mid range.

1 Like

Here we go again, you making me your ray of sunshine in this great big intimidating world. The Coil Showoff Thread is just that, a place to show off coil builds. Unless you are a cloud chaser, or like Pro_Vapes, a flavor chaser, you will more than likely never build coils like these guys do. You’ll just build simple single or dual coil one wire builds as I do. Those are quite simple to build. It’s actually harder to get your wicking correct than the build the coils quite often.

Just stay away from this guy and you’ll be just fine…

3 Likes

Can I just put you on speed dial @ringling :wink:

2 Likes

Smart and funny . Go figure.

1 Like