Suggestions on dual battery squonkers other than the Gbox 200

After taking a well needed trip to the mountains this weekend, I realized that I need to get on the squonking train. Rtas just do it for me and dripping while driving is a pain. I’ve looked at the Gbox 200 and was wondering if anybody had suggestions for any other 2 battery squonkers.

1 Like

I only have single battery squonks so far and only been squonking 5 or 6 months. I love my little RSQ’s (I have 2) for TC mode much more than the 3 mechs I have.

The only dual battery non DNA squonk that has my interest so far is the new Rage by ohmboy oc but it looks to have a new/proprietary chip so I won’t be springing for that (MSRP is around $100 I think) until I have seen reviews by DJLSB or Vaping With Vic as they are the only 2 that do proper TC tests of chips.

4 Likes

If you want regulated, the Lost Vape Drone BF. Mechanical, Defiant Designs DS.

I’ve heard good things about the Drone and several people here on the forums have them and like them. I have the Defiant Designs TS, which uses 3 batteries, and I can tell you the mod is class and elegance. Hasn’t left my hands since I got it.

5 Likes

The Drone is definitely one I have in mind. However, I’v come to the conclusion that temp control is just not for me so I may pass on it. The Defiant, is that a parallel or series mech?

2 Likes

Direct Vapor still has these in stock. Surprising. https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/kanger-dripbox-160.html

Only thing with these is that any atty over 22mm will have a hang over.

3 Likes

My wife has one and the biggest problem for her, which means it’s my problem too, is that battery sled is so tight that some of her batteries get stuck. Performance wise though, it has held up pretty well.

1 Like

I must have gotten luck with that one. Never had a battery stick. I’m kinda surprised you don’t like the gBox. A friend of mine has one and it is holding up real nicely. This dude is el-destrocto too. He’s trashed so many mods it makes my head spin. The 510 did come loose once but it was easy to tighten with the nut just beneath the frame. Happened once and never again.

1 Like

It’s not that I don’t like the GBox but I have read a good deal about the 510 issue, which gives me a slight pause.

3 Likes

Parallel mech

2 Likes

I don’t blame you, I was one of the people that trusted reviews as well as other people on a different forum and purchased the gbox. Obviously mods as well as eliquid fall under the category of being subjective.

My experience with the gbox is this, it was my first squonk but comparing it to regular devices, the gbox is severely under performing. RTA/RDA I normally run around 35-65 watt on my drag or g2 I will have to run around 55-100 on the gbox to even get close to my other mod performances.

That horrible design of the bottle compartment and battery door, not sure who was drunk that day, make me want to throw that mod against the wall on a daily basis. The bottles are garbage and while I could modify it to fit other bottles, I shouldn’t have to do that. You will if you want to avoid that frustration have to purchase the flask or other companies make the refill bottles too, that you connect to the 510.

With that tho we running in the next issue, after you unscrew/switch/refill your Atty/bottles more than needed, the 510 connector becomes an issue in itself. I’m a huge fan of tc, don’t let me get started here, in short I use wattage mode because tc on the gbox sucks real bad.

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend that mod to anyone, in fact it makes me nearly not wanting to squonk, but was very excited prior. Maybe in the future if something reliable hits the market, till then tho I’ll use it here and there if anything else breaks lol.

2 Likes

If u can tolerate single battery mods/builds the rsq is hard to beat for the money. I have 2 and run them with 0.35 ohm builds at 55w and 450 - 470F. It does good TC with SS wire IMO. I was planning on getting the pulse 80w but will be buying more RSQs until I see reliable reviews for the new VV chip in TC mode because of all the voopoo drama.

2 Likes

Same here but now that the pulse is not equipped with the gene chip, and I think I’ll just save up and get a squonk and regular mod with DNA chip. I’m tired of buying nearly every 2 month a new mod just to find out its not something I enjoy. I do however was looking at the rsq or the inbox. But after seeing the replay feature, I might wait and hope someone puts the 250c in a squonk lol. Or prices dropping on the 75c. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

1 Like

boxer has a dna 250c if u got $250 to spare…

2 Likes

I got one in December and love it

2 Likes

If you want you can custom design one how you want it duel parallel, duel series, what ever batteries you want think he will even do a regulated one not sure what chip tho. You can even get plastic that changes colour from heat this duel 20700 squonk was $160 Australian delivered it has a good finish for a 3d print and the bloke who makes them is easy to deal with. You will have to contact him threw facebook search sqnky and he should come up.

3 Likes

3 Likes

The other thing about it is the bottle looks to be proprietary. We don’t know yet if it’s any good (too soft or hard) I see that as a big con, at least until someone else starts making them.

2 Likes

I started squonking about 5 months ago. I got a couple of mechs at first but I quickly realized I like regulated mods. I have the DB 160 and it works great. TC mode is dodgy but I’m happy with watts. Bottles are plentiful and cheap from Fasttech. I’ve had batteries I’ve rewrapped get a bit stuck, but it’s really a non-issue for me.

I also have two VT Inboxes. These are great mods with the DNA chip. They’re reliable and well built. TC mode, of course, works fantastic. Getting bottles from Fasttech is cheap and easy but you have to know exactly which item to choose for the best ones. My only gripe is having to use Escribe to set it up. It’s not that it’s difficult, it’s just an annoyance. Changing things on the mod is cumbersome. That’s why I want the 75 C model as it allows more flexibility an ease of use. For me, 75 watts is more than enough. I’ve never gone over 50 and the VT hits like a train. If Hcigar made a dual battery squonk with a DNA C chip, I’d buy it immediately.

4 Likes

I have 2 VT inbox’s my first one is more than likely one from the very first run and the bottles that came with it are softer than the ones that came with the one I just got. The new ones are a lot harder then the old ones.

Is this what you are talking about?

If so could you post a link to the better (softer) ones?

3 Likes

I just heard on a live show replay that Tesla has a dual battery squonk in development they were showing at the recent vape expo in Brooklyn. I have never owned a tesla product but IIRC they do decent TC.

2 Likes