Super Sweet by Capella or Sweetener by TFA?

Never tried Super Sweet. Have Sweetener but to be honest, I use marshmallow at no more than 2% and I find it works much better and gives the vape a nice mouth feel. 'Course not everyone would agree with me, but try it and see if you like it.

8 Likes

I agree with you…

3 Likes

Yeah I am gonna try the Marshmallow because a lot of people here at ELR use it so it is on my next order along with some sweetener from TFA just in case! :grinning:

3 Likes

I would hope so since you’re the one who originally turned me on to it. :grinning:

4 Likes

I used TFA sweetener for 2 years and loved it. But just bought Capella’s sweetener since I was buying flavors too, and now my coils are only lasting 5 or 6 days. The ohms are climbing and the juice is taking on that nasty burnt flavor. I’m going back to TFA.

3 Likes

basically one is sucralose/em that wld be tpa

cap super sweet is sucralose 20%

i have 58ml out of 60ml of super sweet and will probably never touch it again

2 Likes

i completely agree

2 Likes

I use TPA marsmallow, sweetener or cotton candy depending on what I’m sweetening. the marmallow seems to workbest for creamy the others are better used in fruity vapes.

3 Likes

I’ve got super sweet and like it. Couldn’t you just take half of it and dilute it with pg to get the same strength as TFA sweetener

2 Likes

Agreed, marshmallow in fruit vapes seems to kill the kick of fruit

2 Likes

In The MDS sheet we can read 5% sucralose 5% maltol for TPA sweetener.

3 Likes

Cap super sweet is the only sweetener I use. I’ve tried others but not the TFA. Can’t get past the weird after taste of most of them.

3 Likes

I wonder if anyone has done the research on the difference in taste between maltol and ethyl maltol.

1 Like

I have both & they work fine. The CAP is definitely about twice as strong, so I use it at half of what a TFA recipe calls for & vice versa. I suppose when I eventually run out of TFA I won’t reorder & will probably stick with the CAP.

2 Likes

@Pentine I understand fromreading on Wikipedia that Maltol is Natural and Ethyl Maltol is a chemical compoud not find in the nature but for the taste… Realy don’t Know. What i do know is there is a difference in recipe to use Sucralose only vs TPA Sweetener, vs Capella Super SWeet wihch contains other compound. To sub one for another is not that simple. I have not mixed enough gallon of VG yet to have a statement on those. :wink:

3 Likes

been wondering the same thing @SunnyT

2 Likes

I only have Super Sweet. While I do like it, and enjoy the sweet tingliness I get from it, I stopped using it long ago because even in small %'s it is a build killer and that just annoys the cradiddlies out of me.

4 Likes

I use both, TFA is far more subdued compared to CAP. Super sweet tends to linger on my palette, whereas TFA tends to only exist within the inhale and exhale. Again, super sweet is exactly that (very potent sweetener), so if I’m looking for subtle sweet I use TFA, and if I need to have a sweeter hit I use CAP. For me 0.2% super sweet is more than enough lol when I see it used between 0.5%-1% I just cringe!

6 Likes

Yeah, I had quite a few questions when I first started out! Since beginning this thread in 2015 I have tried just about all sweeteners out there, and tbh I mostly use Purilum Super Sweet (its cheaper than Capella’s and just as good!), Stevia, and Marshmallow, although I do have some EM and TFA sweetener as well. I have found, as most people will tell you, that they all have their usefulness in certain recipes. You have to learn your sweeteners just like you have to learn any of the other flavor profiles! But I have also found that many flavors are naturally sweet and sweeteners are not needed. I love sweet juices though and use some type of sweetener in almost everything I make! But…

So if you want to use sweeteners it is better to build your own coils, or you will end up replacing your coil heads way quicker than you want to…
If I didn’t build my own coils I don’t know what I would do! I am constantly cleaning and rewicking just so I can vape my sweet concoctions!!!

7 Likes

I do!! I hate changing the cotton so frequently too! So it shall remain shelved. But that IS true and a good tip for disposable users…

3 Likes